Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sunset’s New Journal

ShootingStar159

25 minutes ago, ShootingStar159 said:

Apparently it’s just supposed to be Twilight and Sunsets cutie marks combined.

BD12BF7C-4A25-4FBE-A90E-83215B9853A4.thumb.png.deda2baa792f83439b77eba489cffaab.png

I believe it, but why did they make Twilight’s Cutie mark two different colors, especially when neither of those colors match her Cutie mark?

Color theory?

Yellow is the dominant color and the hue of purple is closer to this yellow's complimentary color. Also a good question for the design team of the show since fan answers will range from 'Crazypants McGee' to 'makes sense'. ;)

• Brohoof 1

So it was made for Sunset to talk to Princess Twilight and not Starlight. Sunlight intensifies

Hopefully this can come to play in the digital series.

Edited by cmarston1
  • Brohoof 2

13 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Color theory?

Yellow is the dominant color and the hue of purple is closer to this yellow's complimentary color. Also a good question for the design team of the show since fan answers will range from 'Crazypants McGee' to 'makes sense'. ;)

Yeah, that would make sense, Twilight’s Cutie mark is a very bright purple. Definitely a good question as well, since like @cmarston1 mentioned, the colors were closer to Starlight’s. Had people speculating that Starlight had a journal of her own, and the three were all writing each other.

• Brohoof 1

47 minutes ago, ShootingStar159 said:

BD12BF7C-4A25-4FBE-A90E-83215B9853A4.thumb.png.deda2baa792f83439b77eba489cffaab.png

I believe it, but why did they make Twilight’s Cutie mark two different colors, especially when neither of those colors match her Cutie mark?

But they messed up and accidentally used Glimglam's instead? :)

1 hour ago, cmarston1 said:

So it was made for Sunset to talk to Princess Twilight and not Starlight. Sunlight intensifies

Hopefully this can come to play in the digital series.

I'm still hoping Starlight appears in the digital series.

• Brohoof 3

1 hour ago, Toon4Thought said:

I'm still hoping Starlight appears in the digital series.

I am hoping we can get an episode where both princess Twilight and Starlight cross the portal and hang out with Sunset.

• Brohoof 3

The colors issue might be due to the color balance of the video on the device used to make the journal icon. It does look closer to Starlight in color than Twilight, so this kind of reaction of 'gee is Starlight included here too?' seems to make sense

• Brohoof 2

3 hours ago, Jeric said:

Color theory?

There should be an episode where we meet Rarity's weird uncle. Crazypants McGee! He could be Equestria's "Spandex King" and voiced by Danny Devito!

ruthless-people-cover.jpg

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 3

20 minutes ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

There should be an episode where we meet Rarity's weird uncle. Crazypants McGee! He could be Equestria's "Spandex King" and voiced by Danny Devito!

ruthless-people-cover.jpg

You know, before this, if someone had suggested a Danny DeVito cameo, I would have just scratched my head to think of what kind of character he would play. Him being Rarity’s insane uncle has me convinced.

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, ShootingStar159 said:

I myself posted something like this in a older topic, however in greater detail,you can read through this link:https://mlpforums.com/topic/169141-sunsets-new-journal-and-other-things/

Edited by Cahead2015