Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Doki Doki Literature Club Club

PiratePony

Hi. Can you hear me? I spoke with Monika earlier, and she said that I could start a chapter of the Doki Doki Literature Club right here on MLP Forums. We can talk about literature, even manga, and of course swear our alliance to our club president. We can even discuss a certain video game that shares the same name of the club. 

Image result for evil monika doki doki

iougv0k2zdvz.png

• Brohoof 3

Congratulations, you got me to like this game. Wow. o_o

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, PathfinderCS said:

Congratulations, you got me to like this game. Wow. o_o

Bwahaha excellent. It kind of sticks with you.

Did you get to the end yet?

• Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, PiratePony said:

Bwahaha excellent. It kind of sticks with you.

Did you get to the end yet?

If by the end you mean...

Spoiler

deleting Monika, then Sayori going all control-freak, then reaching the credits where pictures of the girls were being deleted

...then yeah, I reached it. That was excellent and left QUITE the impression. XD

• Brohoof 1

Spoiler

Indeed. It was about 1am when I got there, in the dark, and family was all asleep. I was wearing headphones which just added to the end.

Supposedly theres other routes and even other endings somehow. I took the Yuri route (purple hair what can I say?) What about you?

Reading literature sure is fun! :D

• Brohoof 1

10 minutes ago, PiratePony said:
  Hide contents

Indeed. It was about 1am when I got there, in the dark, and family was all asleep. I was wearing headphones which just added to the end.

Supposedly theres other routes and even other endings somehow. I took the Yuri route (purple hair what can I say?) What about you?

Reading literature sure is fun! :D

Spoiler

I actually went the Yuri route as well. When it went to wear to had to pick the words, I incidentally picked mostly Yuri ones. XD

I'd like to try the Natsuki way when I try again. Will be interesting to see if it ends differently...tho I'm sure Monika will have a say.

Makes me want to read! :D

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, PathfinderCS said:
  Hide contents

I actually went the Yuri route as well. When it went to wear to had to pick the words, I incidentally picked mostly Yuri ones. XD

I'd like to try the Natsuki way when I try again. Will be interesting to see if it ends differently...tho I'm sure Monika will have a say.

Makes me want to read! :D

Books r good.

Image result for yuri reading ddlc

Spoiler

I'm going to go the Natsuki route this time, plus any choice I'm going to pick the opposite of what I did last time. Plus I'm going to have the game folder open the whole time to see how Monika manipulates it along the way 

Image result for natsuki sharp tooth ddlc by the way, MatPat & his wife Stephanie have been streaming the game (and I'm so glad I played it before watching). Their voiceover work for the same is very entertaining - he's doing this deep voice for Natsuki which works surprisingly well. Steph does the rest of the girls and...honestly, rocks. She has a second career in VO if she wants it. 

OH! One more thing re: the end

Spoiler

When she addressed you directly...my account name is my last name, so seeing that on screen freaked me the hell out. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. Just Monika. 

Just Monika. 

• Brohoof 2

• 3 years later...

May as well temporarily revive this thread to share my two cents. I only played DDLC recently, but yeah, it was an experience. The concept of the game is captivating, but what got me was the fact that I actually liked the characters more than I thought I would. Natsuki ended up being my favourite, but I think they're all very interesting in their own right. I've only completed one playthrough at this point, but I'll probably run through it a couple more times. So yeah, it's definitely something worth experiencing.

• Brohoof 1

I first played this game in 2018 and definitely liked it, but didn't really go back to it until recently after getting DDLC+ on the Switch for Christmas, but I gotta say I definitely find more appreciation and respect for the game and the different characters replaying it now. Every character just feels interesting and well-written and I like seeing how each of their "routes" unfold as you appeal to them. Honestly it's a really nice game even with some of the, uh... twists aside.

natsuki is best girl btw

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished it and I love it! It's one of my favorite games now. I really like the original idea and tha fact that the DDLC uses that fact that it's a game and tells a story that only a game can tell. So it makes it a unique experience.

Plus it's the best type of horror which doesn't rely on jumpscares. You know that it's a good horror when a dating sim with cute anime girls can scare you

• Brohoof 3

Guess I should spoiler this since I’m talking about the parts near the end of the game:

Spoiler

I thought the game was a bit too dramatic with the death scenes but I suppose that was the point, wasn’t it? It’s a strange but quite interesting game.
I also find Monika to be a very fascinating and well-rounded character since even though she’s responsible for hurting all her friends, her frustration about not getting any attention from the player is understandable since the game doesn’t let you do anything special for her.

• Brohoof 2