Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which non-Mane 6 character besides Cheerilee would make the best teacher?

ggg-2

That is an oddly specific question. Cheerilee is the only teacher we have seen on this show. Therefore, it is kind of hard to determine who else could be a decent teacher. By excluding the mane six, you remove two options from me. So, we will have to go with a background character. 

Zecora - My vote will go to her, she can be a good teacher at  Chemistry or  Magic (is that a subject?). She has been shown to treat kids well (at least Apple Bloom) and her friends, she has been working with potions and nature for presumably all her life, so she has collected a lot of wisdom and experiences, which her students can learn from. 

• Brohoof 2

Ha, having done some substitute work for kindergarten, I'm not sure Thorax has quite enough back bone for it. Maybe with a little more progress in his leadership 

(Do you think changelings have bones?)

You need a certain disciplinarian knack as a base when managing a classroom of any age. (I just do tutoring myself now because I get very exhausted with that)

Celestia is the obvious choice and she has pretty much all the star qualities. Cadance feels like she'd do well as well. 

Less obvious picks...Shining Armor might be good. He's got discipline as well as a flexible attitude. Coaches and military types have a pretty easy time with the classroom if they can also access their own compassion

• Brohoof 1

I thought Maud did a terrific job teaching geology. The ability to mix important information with side splitting puns is why I’m a proud member of the Maud Squad!

On a more serious note, I think Starlight has what it takes to be a good teacher. She was able to teach Trixie, I think she can handle just about anyone.

• Brohoof 3

As intelligent as Twilight is, I think Testing, Testing, 123 shows us that she isn't quite teacher material. She's better as a mentor to a single pupil. I think Celestia would be an amazing teacher though, because I don't think there's anypony else in Equestria with that much patience and life experience.

Edited by Prospekt
  • Brohoof 1

59 minutes ago, SpiBaz said:

Zecora - My vote will go to her, she can be a good teacher at  Chemistry or  Magic (is that a subject?). She has been shown to treat kids well (at least Apple Bloom) and her friends, she has been working with potions and nature for presumably all her life, so she has collected a lot of wisdom and experiences, which her students can learn from. 

I was thinking of Zecora too. Also Twilight and Celestia, but they are already or become teachers. 

• Brohoof 1

Spoiler

starlight is teaching the friendship school with the other 6 in season 8 according the animatic, tho she's basically the 7th at this point so im not sure she counts

Edited by Jade Fire
  • Brohoof 1

Sunset Shimmer has grown into having both the maturity and empathy needed to make a great educator. With a little pedagogical training, she'd do well. If Big Mac opened his mouth more often, he probably would have the temperament to do well at it too. 

• Brohoof 5

I would go with Sunset Shimmer as I feel like it would work really well with her whole character arc of going from someone who didn't understand the first thing about friendship to being able to teach it to others such as Sci Twi, and in the processes becoming the leader of her group.

• Brohoof 4

3 hours ago, SpiBaz said:

That is an oddly specific question. Cheerilee is the only teacher we have seen on this show. Therefore, it is kind of hard to determine who else could be a decent teacher. By excluding the mane six, you remove two options from me. So, we will have to go with a background character. 

Depends on how you define "teacher".  Twilight is tutoring the Cutie Mark Crusaders in Twilight Time & Zecora was tutoring Apple Bloom in The Cutie Pox episode. Pinkie tries to teach Apple Bloom how to cook & Dash tries to teach her martial arts, both fail miserably in Call of the Cutie. Rarity tries (& fails) to teach Sweetie how to cook in Sister Hooves Social