Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pinkie Pie is so annoying!!!

AlicornSpell

I think "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic" would be so much better without Pinkie Pie. I can't stand Pinkie Pie because of how hyper she is and how much she talks. She seems to annoy the other members of the Mane Six a lot, and it's surprising that they still put up with her because of it. Another reason I hate Pinkie Pie is because she made Fluttershy cry in the episode "Filli Vanilli".

• Brohoof 3

I think Pinkie can be very funny and amusing, and she's got some great episodes like Party of One or Pinkie Pride. I can see how one could find her constant hyperness and excitement a bit obnoxious, but I think it can also be endearing for a lot of people. Writer's sometimes struggle with writing her humor though, which can make her come across as annoying even to people who like her. The Mane Six "Put up" with her because she's their friend, like them she usually learns from her mistakes and tries to do better, and most of the time they genuinely appreciate her company. They all have to occasionally "Put up" with each other's issues and bad sides.

Also, picking out one of Pinkie's worst appearances in a single episode to hate her? I can do that too. Fluttershy made both Pinkie and Rarity cry way before that back in "Putting your Hoof down". Fluttershy confirmed worst pony?:(

Edited by BasementSparkle
  • Brohoof 15

53 minutes ago, AlicornSpell said:

I think "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic" would be so much better without Pinkie Pie. I can't stand Pinkie Pie because of how hyper she is and how much she talks. She seems to annoy the other members of the Mane Six a lot, and it's surprising that they still put up with her because of it. Another reason I hate Pinkie Pie is because she made Fluttershy cry in the episode "Filli Vanilli".

I must ask, how long have you been a member of the fandom? (No offense meant)

I understand you, but isn’t saying that she should be removed a bit harsh?

Edited by Chance
  • Brohoof 7

11 minutes ago, Chance said:

I must ask, how long have you been a member of the fandom? (No offense meant)

I understand you, but isn’t saying that she should be removed a bit harsh?

I've been a member of the fandom for about 3 years, but I could never stand Pinkie Pie. I've tried liking her, but she is just so annoying. She is one of the worst characters in the show for me.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, AlicornSpell said:

I've been a member of the fandom for about 3 years, but I could never stand Pinkie Pie. I've tried liking her, but she is just so annoying. She is one of the worst characters in the show for me.

Ok. I can understand that. 

• Brohoof 1

I will disagree. Everyone has their favourites and non-favourites. But, I don't think that disliking a character is a valid reason for him/her to be removed. Pinkie's antiques will come off as annoying to many people, sure. But, she has some great episodes like @BasementSparkle mentioned. Moreso, "putting up with her" is not true. There are many moments in the show, where Pinkie interacts with the other Mane 5 in a friendly manner. I don't recall that many putting up with her moments in later seasons. 

You've made Pinkie sad,

sad_pinkie_by_zacatron94-d6wo18c.thumb.png.9c2ddbdda27badb103f1494a6a7df2f2.png

• Brohoof 13

I will... tryyyy... to respeeect... your opinioooons... :umad:

Skrew it,

Spoiler

YOUR OPINION IS F***ING GARBAGE!!!!!! PINKIE PIE IS THE BEST PONY!!!!!! :angry:

And you are wondering why Pinkie made Fluttershy cry? The writers put that in on purpose act as karma for when Fluttershy ruined Rainbow Dash's confidence in "Sonic Rainboom" and for when she made Pinkie and Rarity cry in "Putting your hoof down". So not sure why you brought that up. Also, what the heck do you mean "she seem to annoy the other members of the mane six"? When has she ever done that? The only instance I can think of was when she was annoying Rainbow Dash in "Griffon the brush off". And even then, as soon as Rainbow Dash actually started to hang out with her, she realized that Pinkie was pretty cool. Seriously, wtf are you talking about? Do you just hate her because she talks fast and is really hyper? :unamused:

• Brohoof 5

Only thing I ever find annoying about her is when you try to listen to any song with her face or voice in it, you have to listen to a very long unskippable childish ad. Other than that, I'd say she's one of my favorites. She reminds me of this friend of mine with a similar personality I haven't seen in ages.

• Brohoof 2

For me this show would be far less entertaining without Pinkie and her hijinks. She is a great representation of old WB characters, so I'm already a fan. Can she be over utilized to the point she can be too much? Sure, but that's a writing issue and not a character issue. Pinks gets an A from me. 

• Brohoof 12

I didn’t like Pinkie much in season one where she sometimes came across as a brainless klutz that randomly broke into pointless songs, but her character grew throughout the seasons, and now I love her antics.

The more Looney Tunes she’s became, the more her character grew on me. I’d put her at number three in the main six and number five overall.

• Brohoof 6

2 hours ago, AlicornSpell said:

I would have to respectfully disagree with you on this one. Pinkie Pie brings that happiness and laughter to the group, even in times where the fate of the world hangs in the balance. Her whole character arc and her transformation over the seasons shows her mature, and learn many things that help her change for the better. To some, she is just a nuisance and annoying, but to others, she is an ingenious character who is able to see light in times of absolute darkness. Everybody needs a friend that can make you smile when you're down, and everyone needs a good laugh now and then. Sometimes she can get carried away, yes, and no one is perfect, but her intentions are always just, and she wants nothing more than to make her friends laugh. I do think that one of her flaws is being too careless and hyper, and getting out of control, but all characters have flaws. Without the flaws, there wouldn't be any friendship lessons to learn. For example, if Rainbow Dash wasn't super competitive and cocky, then she wouldn't have ever learned the lesson of being humble and modest. 

Edited by SoberStarlight
  • Brohoof 6

3 minutes ago, GrimGrimoire said:

It is a good thing no one listens to opinions about who hates whom, otherwise we would be watching a show with no characters in it.

Not true! We would still have Gummi ... a whole show dedicated to his thoughts or just staring at the screen blinking. 

• Brohoof 4

17 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Not true! We would still have Gummi ... a whole show dedicated to his thoughts or just staring at the screen blinking. 

It would discuss the philosophical meaning behind why TV shows are made. ^_^

• Brohoof 3

As a Pinkie fan, I strongly disagree. She is the character that made me fall in love with MLP, though I liked the others too. What I like the most about her is her positivity and dedication to making others happy. And I must also mention those random songs she used to sing in the early episodes.

I understand that hyperactive characters can annoy many people (they're often hit and miss to me, as well). Pinkie is not one of those for me due to her characterization. In spite of her wackiness, she is portrayed as genuinely caring and surprisingly smart. The variety of the characters is also important. The Mane 6 and other characters behave very differently from each other, so the occasional craziness of Pinkie is accompanied by the more placid behavior of other ponies. If all the characters acted the same way, the show wouldn't be as enjoyable.

As for removing Pinkie or another character from the show, I'm against that. All the characters have their purpose in the show. Even the hated characters are important for the show. I couldn't stand Prince Blueblood, but that just made it really satisfying to see Rarity finally give him his just desserts (;)). And to be honest, even the most likable characters can be annoying at times. I didn't like the way Pinkie behaved in "Filli Vanilli", either, but I wouldn't judge a character based on just one episode out of seven whole seasons – they've all had their bad moments, just like people do.

• Brohoof 7

During Season 7, I only found her annoying in two episodes.

Spoiler

Honest Apple: I feel her character was used as a sort of 'captain obvious' for comic relief, but I didn't found her comic at all.

It Isn't the Mane Thing About You: Her using a "super sticky party string" felt like she was being intentionally a moron, but I give her a pass because it's a plot driving moment for the episode.

But she was also used superb in episodes like "Not Asking for Trouble", "Daring Done?" and had her best support role moment in the entire series (IMO).

Spoiler

Discordant Harmony: Helping Discord make up his mind in the party store (and asking for the flying-glowing napkins).

I don't have older seasons as fresh as the last one, but to me she has always been a great character that is seldomly misused.

• Brohoof 4

Let me clear, she is not a bad character and not annoying in most of the episodes, but I kinda agree with you she is annoying in some episodes, but removing her is a bit far. Rather make her act a little calmer and try to make her not the center of attention in every shot she is in. The fact she made Fluttershy cry is just a bad argument, because Fluuter did it to her and it was once in 7 seasons.

Whoever started this topic in the first place is REALLY NAUGHTY.

Besides, Pinkie Pie is one of the main characters on the show, and she still has a few potentials left, unlike Twilight, Rarity, Rainbow, and Applejack, who are all out after 7 years.

• Brohoof 5

Yeah, there are some few Pinkie's scenes that i want to kick her in the flank like Filly Vanilli but every characters had their bad moments as well, you cant just delete characters just because they have something you cant relate or understand. Hell, even some more annoying characters like Snails or Zerphyl annoyed me just as much but i dont want them to be delete, i expect their next appearance to be better, i did the same to every character.

Fictions like real world, have variety of characters with variety personalities, you cant just wish to delete everyone you dont like, just because someone annoying you? In this show?

Pinkie is a mascot of FIM for a reason. Without Pinkie, the show will be less 60% fun. 

• Brohoof 3

1 hour ago, PinkiePie97 said:

The only episode I found her annoying in was Rock Solid Friendship. Even then, I don't think they needed to get rid of her. They just needed to tone it down a bit.

Hope they can do that in Season 8. Fluttershy can help her in such an episode.