Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A question of focus

Steel Accord

I have an old fanfic I've left on the back burner for a long while now. I feel like I've improved enough as a writer to give it a massive reboot because it is absolute crap as it is. That being said, I'm not sure how to make the protagonist. See I've made a new OC named White Belt and I feel like he's got a cool enough goal for some fun adventures in Equestria. That being said, the original story is supposed to be about two brothers who have a massive falling out over one being a brony and the other being completely disgusted by the whole ordeal. The protagonist becomes White Belt upon arriving in Equestria. Think of it as a spin on the Human in Equestria sub-sub-sub-genre of "HiE starring anti-brony." Where it's two humans and one is a brony and the other is the anti. (Which I'm pretty sure even THAT has been done at least once, probably more times, before as well.)

So do write a story about two close brothers with a serious wedge being driven between each other, a story about a pony going on Daring Do-esque adventures with a martial arts spin, or try to marry the two of them together?

• Brohoof 1

Not knowing what your writing style is like, my advice would be to try for both.  It sounds like you've got a nice internal conflict between the brothers, but that usually needs an external problem to catalyze it.  The adventure could be that.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Adderbane said:

Not knowing what your writing style is like, my advice would be to try for both.  It sounds like you've got a nice internal conflict between the brothers, but that usually needs an external problem to catalyze it.  The adventure could be that.

Fair enough. Sorry for not demonstrating that with a sample or such.

That is a good idea though, such as both trying to get home but one being significantly better adjusted about being in Equestria than the other.

1 hour ago, Steel Accord said:

Fair enough. Sorry for not demonstrating that with a sample or such.

That is a good idea though, such as both trying to get home but one being significantly better adjusted about being in Equestria than the other.

Exactly, just be sure to give the anti some good qualities.  Nobody likes a straw man.

• 1 year later...