Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pony Population Poll: What color is your main OC?

PonyOfWar

Pony Population Poll: What color is your main OC?  

70 users have voted

1. 1. What color is the fur of your main OC?

• Blue
    • Red
    • Green
    • Yellow
    • Orange
    • Purple
    • Pink
    • Black
    • White
    • Gray
    • Brown

Hello, fandom, I have decided to finally make a poll on a question I have been quite curious about for a really long time.

You see I love OCs and I love to learn about people's OCs especially in the pony fandom for some reason. I really like looking through and learning about peoples original character because they can say a lot about the person who made and designed them. Their choice of race, esthetic and even more interesting in this fandom, cutie marks!

Something I have noticed after being in the fandom for years is that it seems the most common fur coat color for OCs is blue. I decided to test my assumption. Tell me what color the fur coat of your MAIN OC is. If you have multiple OCs pick one for the poll.

If you don't care to take it a step further please explain your creative process in the comments. I would love to learn why some of you picked the color scene you did, more so those of you with less common colors!

• Brohoof 3

Mine is Grey (although in some of the art i have of my pone it looks white) because when making my mint themed OC i had the food 'After Eights' in mind cuz i love them so the fur is the colour of the inside of an After Eight. 

As you can guess minimal thought has gone into her creation so far XD

• Brohoof 3

WJS02.png

Lol. Did an image search and found that old blast from the past. 

HTML code:#C0D5EA

RGB code:R: 192 G: 213 B: 234

I actually didn't pick my coat exactly. I commissioned a former staffer and gave her a very general concept of an Earth Pony with a brown mane and glasses with some personality traits. I didn't have an OC for a while and I finally relented and ... well ... there he is. 

• Brohoof 1

My main OC is dark blue since I enjoy using shades of blue while I'm drawing other things too.
I think the inspiration for her coloring came just from my favorite colors that are various shades of blue. They're calm colors and easy on the eyes!

• 4 years later...

Blue fur with a black mane and tail with a silver/grey streak. I used the colors and imagery from a flag I had designed. Seemed fitting for something that I felt represented me, be re-personified only in horse form for the fandom.

I also wanted to go for a mane that could pass for a real person's head of hair. In hindsight, the streak gives off a slight anime vibe, but I wasn't into any at the time of creation a decade ago, and still not really to this day, despite finding joy in a few.

I feel like grey and black used to be way more prevalent early on, but blue is definitely what comes to mind for majority.

• Brohoof 1

I'm a yellow pegasus with brown mane and tail.

Brown to reflect my actual hair color, though I went for a shade that's lighter than what I have, I felt it worked better.

As for yellow, I had to figure out what it is I felt like as a pegasus, and some inspiration came from Spitfire's color, somepony I was really into.

Edited by Toastypk
  • Brohoof 1

Rainbowshine is a dark lavender Pegasus with a sunshine yellow Mane and tail which have a darker yellow streak.

Lavender coat because it's my favourite colour, and yellow Mane and tail because it went well with lavender. I originally gave her a light orange coat with a grayish black Mane, but that did not go well with her .exe form so I changed it.