Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Worst troll you've ever met???

PlzDelete

I hate trolls. Almost everypony does... but which one is the worst? I'm not talking just about banned users from this forum. I'm talking about the entire internet! Tell us about your experiences! 

Before we start, be sure that if the troll you talk about is still on this forum please don't mention them. Keep them anonymous unless their trolling is really bad. Thanks! 

• Brohoof 1

I had a troll on Twitter harass me for close to a year, insisting that I was a paedophile for liking this show, while also racially insulting other friends of mine at the same time. Every time I had his account blocked, he made another one immediately and the harassment continued on and on until his brother (whose existence I still doubt to this day) insisted that I apologise to HIS TROLL OF A YOUNGER BROTHER for my retorts causing him distress.

ARE YOU BUCKING KIDDING ME?

All I'd done was stand up for my friends and myself, WHO HE WAS HARRASSING! So how I managed to insult him to the point of the same anger and fear I'd already been subjected to was maddening. In the end, me and the 'suspect' brother ironed out our issues with each other and left it at that... however... I've still not mentally recovered from it... for nearly a year I couldn't do ANYTHING on social media or YouTube without this guy hunting me down and hurling the most vile of accusations and abuse at me and my friends. It was horrifying... the story sounds crazy... but it did happen.

• Brohoof 5

4 minutes ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

I have actually received death threats for something I wrote about two specific characters in a fanfic. It wasn't on this forum, and I will not give details, but it did happen.

Ah, the ol' fanfiction based death threats. A LOT of people can relate to you, trust me. I heard that the author of Cupcakes gets a lot of threats from RD fans to this day. Not sure if it's true though. 

• Brohoof 2

Not all trolls are bad. There is a wide variety. You have your NSFW type and your antagonist type. You have your shitposters. Then you have the playful type. Those I like. I do that from time to time. I like messing with @PathfinderCS for instance. I have to delineate between the types of trolls. But ... my experience with trolls ... 

I was a member of the RFC during the great Rarity bashing calamity of '14. I was a Moderator during a period when a rival site sent their members to spam the worst NSFW they could find and post it here. I was an active Admin who would often volunteer to deal with the worst just so others didn't have to. One became my Joker ... 

b0e.jpg

I could tell some stories man. :please:

• Brohoof 7

1 minute ago, Jeric said:

Not all trolls are bad. There is a wide variety. You have your NSFW type and your antagonist type. You have your shitposters. Then you have the playful type. I have to delineate between them. But ... my experience with trolls ... 

I've was a member of the RFC during the great Rarity bashing calamity of '14. I was a Moderator during a period when a rival site sent their members to spam the worst NSFW they could find and post it here. I was an active Admin who would often volunteer to deal with the worst just so others didn't have to. One became my Joker ... 

b0e.jpg

I can only imagine the cringe you had to put up with. Extra points go to you for using a House actor as a reaction picture. XD

• Brohoof 2

Not really a specific individual, but I've spent a fair amount of time mixing it up with the gamergate/kek drips and they're as soulless and morally lacking a bunch as you can find. A large set of them basically spend all their time trying to dig into people's past and personal lives for dirt, but regardless of whether they find anything they tend to try to smear their targets with mocked-up screen grabs. Individually they're pretty dumb people overall and you can't really distinguish one from the other, but they rely on overwhelming through sheer annoyance.

Some general advice on persistent internet jerks: mute/ignore functions are usually more effective than blocking if you're trying to get out of their harassment loop. They tend to wear themselves out shouting at nothing before they figure out what's going on.

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Ivan The Adorable said:

Not really a specific individual, but I've spent a fair amount of time mixing it up with the gamergate/kek drips and they're as soulless and morally lacking a bunch as you can find. A large set of them basically spend all their time trying to dig into people's past and personal lives for dirt, but regardless of whether they find anything they tend to try to smear their targets with mocked-up screen grabs. Individually they're pretty dumb people overall and you can't really distinguish one from the other, but they rely on overwhelming through sheer annoyance.

Some general advice on persistent internet jerks: mute/ignore functions are usually more effective than blocking if you're trying to get out of their harassment loop. They tend to wear themselves out shouting at nothing before they figure out what's going on.

Ewwww gamergate. You're braver than me for dealing with them. Very good advice! 

One guy in a Garry's Mod DarkRP server complained to staff about getting gunned down for random deathmatch'ing six players. The worst part of this was that he wasn't clever, yet still escaped any form of punishment.

• Brohoof 2

16 minutes ago, Windseeker said:

One guy in a Garry's Mod DarkRP server complained to staff about getting gunned down for random deathmatch'ing six players. The worst part of this was that he wasn't clever, yet still escaped any form of punishment.

Ok... WTF. 

My friend opened his formerly private Discord to the public a few months ago.  Since this was announced on Tumblr, I was expecting a few SJW or possible Gamergater types.

I was not expecting a flat earth/creationist, and one who was incredibly vocal about his beliefs.  The first time he spoke in the server was in response to a meme someone posted about "dinosaurs never died out, they just evolved into birds", where he proudly proclaimed that he didn't believe in dinosaurs.  I personally wasn't shocked and agreed to disagree, but that was until other people began to engage him.  His disbelief in evolution was soon followed by his disbelief in space, followed by his eventual proclamation that the earth is flat.

It was at this moment that I was like a wild-eyed five year old at the zoo seeing a tiger for the first time; I've heard stories of flat earthers on the internet and flat earth debunks are fun to watch, but when you finally come face to face with a real flat earther, in the flesh...it's humbling, really, to come to the realization that there are people not just ignorant, but arrogant enough in their ignorance to claim that they know better than people far more knowledgeable than they.  At least two people, one of whom claimed to be a particle physicist IRL (and the level of knowledge he was dropping led me to believe he was), attempted to debate him only to ragequit the server after they couldn't stand his arrogance. 

The server host eventually banned him for starting shit, and to this day, I'm still not sure if he was for real or he just happened to be one of the most original trolls I've ever seen.

Edited by Hazard Time
  • Brohoof 3

58 minutes ago, Hazard Time said:

My friend opened his formerly private Discord to the public a few months ago.  Since this was announced on Tumblr, I was expecting a few SJW or possible Gamergater types.

I was not expecting a flat earth/creationist, and one who was incredibly vocal about his beliefs.  The first time he spoke in the server was in response to a meme someone posted about "dinosaurs never died out, they just evolved into birds", where he proudly proclaimed that he didn't believe in dinosaurs.  I personally wasn't shocked and agreed to disagree, but that was until other people began to engage him.  His disbelief in evolution was soon followed by his disbelief in space, followed by his eventual proclamation that the earth is flat.

It was at this moment that I was like a wild-eyed five year old at the zoo seeing a tiger for the first time; I've heard stories of flat earthers on the internet and flat earth debunks are fun to watch, but when you finally come face to face with a real flat earther, in the flesh...it's humbling, really, to come to the realization that there are people not just ignorant, but arrogant enough in their ignorance to claim that they know better than people far more knowledgeable than they.  At least two people, one of whom claimed to be a particle physicist IRL (and the level of knowledge he was dropping led me to believe he was), attempted to debate him only to ragequit the server after they couldn't stand his arrogance. 

The server host eventually banned him for starting shit, and to this day, I'm still not sure if he was for real or he just happened to be one of the most original trolls I've ever seen.

I heard of those kinds of people but never met one. From what you've just told me, I don't think I want to meet one. 

Theres this group of trolls, however one of them (whos name will be censored for reasons) was the ultimate troll. Insuilting gamers, claiming shes 20 and works at IT, and makes $3000 a month (even thoughn $30,000 is considered below adverage), the whole nine yards. I guess the staff had enough of her, because the group link leads to a 404 error.

• Brohoof 1

The Paladins subreddit community. Let's just say I got verbally attacked MULTIPLE times over the course of only TWO DAYS because I disagreed with their perception of the Paladins meta. It doesn't help that it's not just one member... IT'S AT LEAST HALF OF THE PEOPLE ON AN ENTIRE SUBREDDIT. It's so bad I'm thinking of leaving Paladins and going BACK to games like Smite or EVEN LEAGUE OF LEGENDS. Not the only reason (Almost every patch since OB54, Hi-Rez clearly (Should be obvious to anyone with a brain at this point, apparently except for the toxic sheep on the subreddit) trying to avoid the vast majority of the game's playerbase...)

Close second is a support I got in League of Legends a few months back that blamed me every time I died, NEVER came to lane, NEVER warded ANYTHING... Seriously, How was I supposed to ward, safely lane, and avoid a jungler all at the same time? Exactly. NOT POSSIBLE. Not to mention this support should have known that because they were a MASTERY 5 MORGANA. It pushed me to stop playing League for 8 MONTHS now. 8  ENTIRE MONTHS. For as addictive as the game is, I should have just said "Bye then" after my second death or so because I clearly had a support that just wanted to make their ADC suffer as much agony as possible, probably for laughs.

• Brohoof 1

Oh lord, I get so many of them... mainly SJW-types but I've had my fair share of run-ins with conservative ones too.

The worst ones, though, would be those from another forum I left. They actually spread misinformation on how I was "hitting my autistic sister to relieve stress" and "excusing myself" for doing it. I think I talked about them in the rumors thread, and tbh I'd rather not talk about it again.

• Brohoof 1

On 11/13/2017 at 6:32 AM, Nerdy Luigi said:

The Paladins subreddit community. Let's just say I got verbally attacked MULTIPLE times over the course of only TWO DAYS because I disagreed with their perception of the Paladins meta. It doesn't help that it's not just one member... IT'S AT LEAST HALF OF THE PEOPLE ON AN ENTIRE SUBREDDIT. It's so bad I'm thinking of leaving Paladins and going BACK to games like Smite or EVEN LEAGUE OF LEGENDS. Not the only reason (Almost every patch since OB54, Hi-Rez clearly (Should be obvious to anyone with a brain at this point, apparently except for the toxic sheep on the subreddit) trying to avoid the vast majority of the game's playerbase...)

Close second is a support I got in League of Legends a few months back that blamed me every time I died, NEVER came to lane, NEVER warded ANYTHING... Seriously, How was I supposed to ward, safely lane, and avoid a jungler all at the same time? Exactly. NOT POSSIBLE. Not to mention this support should have known that because they were a MASTERY 5 MORGANA. It pushed me to stop playing League for 8 MONTHS now. 8  ENTIRE MONTHS. For as addictive as the game is, I should have just said "Bye then" after my second death or so because I clearly had a support that just wanted to make their ADC suffer as much agony as possible, probably for laughs.

I had to stop playing a few games all together because of harassment like that. I know the feeling.

I'm not sure, but I found this tanned old man on twitter who kept making tweets about fake terrorist attacks, his high IQ and building walls, he seems like a douche.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Jokuc said:

I'm not sure, but I found this tanned old man on twitter who kept making tweets about fake terrorist attacks, his high IQ and building walls, he seems like a douche.

He's probably on social security. Because he works on his trolling more than a real job. Lol

• Brohoof 1

Two trolls who turned out to be former neo-nazis and part of the Alex Jones brigade intended to visit my friends house in his home state due to some petty shit on reddit - they apparently had dox on him and everything.

My friend swiftly responded by showing them a picture of his three tibetan mastiffs - no further action was taken and nothing happened after that lol.

Edited by Guest

To be honest any troll that aims for mentally ruining other person can be considered "the worst". Triggering assholes online can be fun, I enjoy being a pain to polish neonazis myself, but baiting mentally ill or otherwise sensitive people is what I despise myself. 

There's also other kind of "the worst" - people who are just too dumb to trigger someone. Faced those too. My favourite example was the guy who tried to trigger me on facebook Star Wars group and ended up triggered himself, because I was ignoring him :v The tantrum he threw was glorious. The ban he got was even better. 

On 13.11.2017 at 5:13 AM, Filthy Jawa said:

You're a jawa, I doubt You'd do that for free.

• Brohoof 2

Since I'm not very social in the internet, I hardly got troll experiences. The few I've got where so short lived that I can't even remember them :D . But I can tell you who's the worst troll, of what little I have experienced, is: ME :D. I had a blast trollin's a couple of whinny kids in Nostalgia Critic and CinemaSins' collaboration of the Grinch movie. They've made each sin with rhymes, which didn't sit well with them. They've started complaining and whining. You know what I did? Passively-aggressively insulting them...... with rhymes :D . Every response I've made to them, was with rhymes, and it lasted for a week :lol: . 

• Brohoof 1