Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private A job of a monster rp (1x1 with Capper)

reader8363

Shadow rested against the side of the wall as he read the letter he got for the job. According to it, there's been a monster terrorizing a village and he needs to kill it. He shrugged and placed it in his jacket as he grabbed his bottle and drank from it

Chance lazed in his mansion, eating small sandwiches and roasted qail. Suddenly, a guard sprinted in. He saluted with his wing before speaking. “Permission to speak, sir!” He said in a booming voice. Chance turned his head. “Of course, Captain.” The guard spoke quickly. “Sir, there’s a message for you. They’ve heard you’re a mercenary, and they want you to kill this monster thing. I’d recommend taking along some of your best guards.” Chance rolled his eyes. “All right, all right. Round up Special Forces And Operations team 2. And, of course, get Major. You’re coming along too.” The guard bowed and left. 

Shadow decided that it was time to get going to the village. He pulled his coat off and spread out his wings, then he took off into the air as he thought about what weapon to use against the monster since he didn’t get any detail on it

Chance stood and walked over to a statue of his adoptive mother. It was an impressive gold thing, and completely full body. He looked at it fondly for a second before looking at the necklace she was wearing. It was of the most spectacular sort. It had a large emerald set in it, ringed by diamonds. He took his index finger and tapped the stone three times. With each tap, the stone pulsated with magical energy, and on the third tap, the wall behind the statue turned around. Inside, racks attached to the wall were filled with every imaginable weapon. Maces, spears, and other weapons sat in holders, everlasting torches illuminating everything. In the center of the room, in a glass case, sat a beautiful rapier. Every angle and curve was utter perfection, nothing could be more fantastic. He almost reverently strode towards it, and with a careful paw, slipped the lock. The case door swiping open, and he took it out and sheathed it in a matching sheath he was wearing. He turned and walked out to meet his platoon. 

Shadow landed in the village and decided to wait till it comes to terrorize the village again. He placed his hat on and laid down on a random pony's house. He reached into his coat, opened a portal and pulled out his scythe and rapier and a giant sword.

• Brohoof 1

Chance walked out to meet his group of guards and soldiers. He saw them; a twenty-Pegasus team of elite fighters, all of them wearing armor with his family’s coat of arms on it. Sarge and Major were at the front. Major was Chance’s personal bodyguard. A hulking Pegasus in gold armor, he was loyal to Chance’s family and was also a briliant strategist. Major saluted, and spoke. “Sir! Your platoon is ready! We will hunt and kill this monster.” Chance looked at each guard, staring them down. “Good, good. . .and I hope that Sargeant Ironhoof is ready?” Sargeant snapped to attention. “Sir! I am fully prepared to face any adversary!” Chance looked to the city around him. He was ready. 

Edited by Capper

Shadow opened his eyes without realizing that he fell asleep and sat up. He looked at the ponies moving around underneath him. He noticed that it was some time in the afternoon.  He stretched out his wings and claws, then he got started polishing and sharpening his weapons

Walking with his soldiers to the village, Chance spotted a pony sharpening weapons. This pony had many weapons, including a rapier similar to some of Chance’s student training rapiers. Wondering if the pony possibly was an ally, and who was definitely in need of a new blade, Chance walked over. “Who are you?”

Shadow's ears twitched and he looked up from his blades to see a group a ponies.  He gathered his weapons up, hopped off the roof, and said with a small bow, "My name is Shadow Beast, who are you?" He reached around his back and started brushing the dust and dirt off his scales

Chance bowed back at the being before him. “I am Chance, and this my special operations team. We’re here to hunt and destroy some sort of monster. Do you know anything about that, anything at all? If you do, that would help us immensely.”

He looked at the ponies behind Chance and said as placed his coat over his wings, "I haven't heard anything about the monster, only that it comes out at night." He got down on all fours and started wrapping his weapons in a cloak made of shadows. 

On 11/17/2017 at 7:39 AM, reader8363 said:

He looked at the ponies behind Chance and said as placed his coat over his wings, "I haven't heard anything about the monster, only that it comes out at night." He got down on all fours and started wrapping his weapons in a cloak made of shadows. 

Chance nodded. “So are you hunting it as well? Who sent these letters?”

Shadow reached into his coat and said as he grabbed a letter, "I got mine from the pprincesses, but I might be wrong and it’s someone copying them." He placed it back and added as he looked at the sun, "What do ya think we should do while we wait?"

Chance thought for a moment, then snapped his fingers. “We’ll set up a watch. If the monster comes, we’ll know.” He walked over to two guards and ordered them to keep watch. He then laid down on the ground, closed his exprés, and snoozed. 

Shadow shrugged and sat down, then his stomach started to growl a bit. He opened a portal and pulled out a piece of cooked meat and started to tear and eat it. As he was eating the last bit, he reached into the portal and pulled out his hat

Edited by reader8363
  • Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, reader8363 said:

Shadow shrugged and sat down, then his stomach started to growl a bit. He opened a portal and pulled out a piece of cooked meat and started to tear and eat it. As he was eating the last bit, he reached into the portal and pulled out his hat

Chance fluffed his tail before curling it up like a pillow and falling softly to sleep. 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Shadow looked at the cat sleeping and got up quietly to look around to find the perfect spot to fight the monster. He needed somewhere big, but secluded so that no pony would get hurt. Once he found the area he sat down, took off his weapons and thought about his strategy. 

@reader8363

A few hours later, Chance awoke to the sound of screams. He leapt to his feet and drew his rapier, then looked around. He saw the pony from before fighting some sort of monster, which was swatting at him. He hollered to his guards, “Scorpion formation, soldiers! Surround it and use your pikes!” He leapt forward and lunged towards the monster. 

Edited by Capper

Shadow leapt to his hooves and knocked the attack away. Then he looked closely at the monster, it looked like a mixture of a Chimera and a Hydra and it was the color of the darkness. He grabbed his giant sword and charged at the beast