Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which Pillar of Old Equestria is your favorite?  

43 users have voted

1. 1. Which Pillar of Old Equestria is your favorite?

• Star Swirl the Bearded
    • Rockhoof
    • Mistmane
    • Flash Magnus
    • Somnambula
    • Mage Meadowbrook
    • Stygian

I have a feeling we'll be seeing more of these legendary ponies in the upcoming episodes, so let the discussion begin!

Stygian_returns_with_the_Pillars_of_Old_Equestria_S7E26.thumb.png.5be050ed7d68f04208350b6b0b2d8770.png

As for me, my favorite (so far) is Mage Meadowbrook. Not only is her character design lovely ("I really like her mane!"), but I love listening to her accent. I think it was neat how her legend has been mentioned as early as the start of season 5.

I included Stygian in the poll as well, as I expect he's got some fans. While he's technically not one of the pillars, he is responsible for their existence, and, indirectly, the Elements of Harmony too.

So, who is your favorite, and why?

• Brohoof 2

I did it in three categories:

Starswirl is my favorite developed character. Having expectations, building him up, pulling him down, he had his own personal arc and I look foward to the Starswirl in this new mindset.

Somnambula is my favorite overall character, her design, voice, attitude hopefully getting a litte more fleshed out in future appearances but she's definitely that character that just makes me happy to see on screen; kind of like Pinkie herself:pinkie:

Mistmane is my favorite legend (Meadowbrook is close second) because hers felt the fullest in execution, really delving into who she was like before and more personable in her background, not to mention a great setting, and even a nice message overall.

• Brohoof 4

It really is hard to choose a favorite. Somnambula’s voice was just, mhm. I could listen to her all day. Flash Magnus was energetic and determined, while also having a pretty positive mindset. 

Im going to go with Meadowbrook as my favorite though, she’s just so interesting. She’s an earth pony, but she’s also a healer and a mage. She was able to take in Twilights banishing spell at a short glance and determine it could work. We’ve never seen an earth pony with a masterful grasp on magic before, and I’d really like to see that come back in the future. 

• Brohoof 4

51 minutes ago, MontagnaMagica said:

I too like Somnambula a lot! Cutest pillar? Probably.

Definitely, and that's why I had to pick her. One of the cutest characters in the entire series in my opinion.

Star Swirl would be my second choice due to his potential as a character. But I hope to see all of them again!

• Brohoof 3

Going to go with Mistmane at the present time. I think the nature of her sacrifice in her story is a very strong tie in to the element of generosity it became. Meadowbrook very close behind for me.

i like them all by design, but I do think Sonambula's character was a little thin. Not really much to go from her tale. 

• Brohoof 1

My favorites are Meadowbrooke and Mistmane, both their stories were displayed amazingly and are full of hope and sacrifice.

I also voted for Flash Magnus and Somnambula because they're really cool characters.

• Brohoof 2

They're all awesome in their own rights, from their design, to their history, to their voices, but for me, my favorites would be Mistmane and Somnambula. Mistmane's story is my favorite in that she sacrificed so much to heal her friend and Somnambula's voice is just pure velvet, plus I adore Egyptian themed characters.   

Edited by PoisonClaw
  • Brohoof 2

I voted Star Swirl the Dick and Somnabula

I've always just liked him cause of identifying with Twilight, and I expected him to somewhat be like this cause of Celestia saying he sucked at friendship. He went above and beyond suck though, that I actually said wtf at him about five times or even more throughout the two part finale.

The Egyptian pony? Purely by the name, but also cause they found creative ways to not have her use her wings. Basically cause she sounds like she will put me to sleep, and I like sleeping. That said, I reiterate it's only because of her name. She didn't seem to have much interesting story. Cute though! :)

I guess Mist Mane is a bonus due to her actual story, but I didn't like her ending in that I felt she gave up too much, so I didn't vote for her sorry

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

I liked Star Swirl the best because after all this time we finally get to see him in the actual show. I also liked his mini-arch that he had in the episode, he was able to go from seeing things from a perspective of only trying to take his powers, to actually seeing the other side and real reasoning why Stygian had taken the artifacts. I also think he may have the biggest impact next season and I'm looking forward to see how it all turns out!  :ooh:

• Brohoof 2

A bit of a hard choice. I want to say somnambula PURELY for her comic appearance; she was absolutely INCREDIBLE in her legend of magic comic, and pretty much what I think pinkie should "Be". She was funny, energetic, but at the same time she had a LOGIC behind her actions and was always doing her actions with a purpose, not unlike Swarm of the century.
Unfortunately, in show she's not NEARLY as endearing, and that accent is just so horrifically forced and fake sounding that I can't take her seriously >.<

Similiarly, I liked Starswirl in his legend of magic comic, but he's a raging douche with few redeeming qualities in show (though that's completely intentional for shadowplay's plot)

Conversely, Mistmane is absolutely incredible in show and has the best arc and purpose in what we see, but I found her comic pretty meh and a weird fit for her.

Edited by Unlikeable Pony

6 hours ago, ShootingStar159 said:

I'm going to go with Meadowbrook as my favorite though, she’s just so interesting. She’s an earth pony, but she’s also a healer and a mage. She was able to take in Twilights banishing spell at a short glance and determine it could work. We’ve never seen an earth pony with a masterful grasp on magic before, and I’d really like to see that come back in the future. 

Yes, I absolutely agree! I think we all just assumed she would be a unicorn when she was first mentioned in the series (who wouldn't?).

Not only that, but I would be interested to find out about those other enchanted items of hers (besides the Staff of Sameness ;) ). Have we seen some of them before? Maybe the Alicorn Amulet is one?

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, MontagnaMagica said:

Yes, I absolutely agree! I think we all just assumed she would be a unicorn when she was first mentioned in the series (who wouldn't?).

Not only that, but I would be interested to find out about those other enchanted items of hers (besides the Staff of Sameness ;) ). Have we seen some of them before? Maybe the Alicorn Amulet is one?

Alicorn Amulet is doubtful, since it corrupts the one who wears it. Not really in line with a healer’s ethics.

After Campfire Tales, I wondered if Nititus, Flash Magnuses shield, was one of her enchanted items. I still think it could be a possibility.

• Brohoof 1

The only pony that has somewhat pleased me aesthetically is Somna. However, none of these "idols" are plus ultra. Just look at them: their forms, their powers, their outfits, their personalities. One would expect heroes fit to fight a fun-sized Holy Grail War but these guys seem more like a tattered circus troupe.

I voted for Starswirl as he has the most history in this series and it's great to finally meet him.  I really like Mistmane's story, and she shares an element with Rarity, so I cast a vote for her.  If I have to choose a favourite though, I really like the southern belle aesthetic and voice of Mage Meadowbrook.  She's definitely not what I expected when she was mentioned back in season 5, but I think she's still intriguing.  I have to wonder how she had items enchanted if she's not a unicorn, but I guess unicorns can be commissioned for that sort of thing.  Well, that or potion making or using enchanted materials when crafting items.

I love them all, with Starswirl and Somnambula being close to the top, but Meadowbrook is my favorite. Just the idea of an earth pony healer knowing magic as well as she does; plus her being a sweetheart with an voice that could melt my heart; she's the winner.

Plus this face.

1546023__safe_artist-colon-brendahickey_

And ninja.

1546061__safe_artist-colon-brendahickey_

• Brohoof 3

I feel like there's no better answer for me than Starswirl. He's been an enigma from the early days and just like Twilight, I couldn't wait to meet him in the show. I'm not all too disappointed with his personality. Though I do like Mistmane a lot as well. She's certainly my second place.

From a writing perspective especially given his future potential, Starswirl is the most intriguing. My favorite backstory is Mistmane's and also have a fondness for Somnambula due to the aesthetic and voice. 

• Brohoof 1

Flash Magnus, definitely. He's definitely the Dashie of the group and he'd be totes fun to just chillax and have a cider with. (heck, Dash did just that and they practically became best friends in like 5 seconds)

Edited by ggg-2
  • Brohoof 1