Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tempest Shadow appearing in the show.

CastletonSnob

I dunno, I think her story is mostly done, while I think more can be done with the other movie characters. Not against her coming back though

• Brohoof 3

I doubt it, but I would suspect it should be somewhat routine it get someone who could sound similar to Emily Blount. They did the same for Genie for the Aladdin cartoon BTW.

• Brohoof 1

Neither of the hippogriff characters had as famous a voice actor as Emily Blunt. It's not impossible that we may see her return with a new voice, but otherwise, I highly doubt we'll see her return as soon as season 8. Maybe later, if the show lasts that long, but I wouldn't expect an Emily Blunt cameo for a good while. 

4 hours ago, Hierok said:

I think she is at best have a mention or a cameo without talking. The VA is way too expansive to get for the regular show.

A non-speaking cameo will help, or hire another V.As who sound similar. They changed Twilight parents voice anyway.

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, PathfinderCS said:

I doubt it, but I would suspect it should be somewhat routine it get someone who could sound similar to Emily Blount. They did the same for Genie for the Aladdin cartoon BTW.

that was Dan Castellaneta aka The voice of Homer Simpson - it was hilarious though. The series and Return of Jafar are so out of place when slotted between the original film and King of Theives. 

I think maybe she'll get a background cameo because DHX loves the fans and panders quite often, but as a main story character, not at all. 

Besides I still think the movie is written back in S4 era MLP. So time paradox?

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Lambdadelta said:

A non-speaking cameo will help, or hire another V.As who sound similar. They changed Twilight parents voice anyway.

I wonder if this will be enough. Many fans would wan't her to have an important role and in order she must talk. Other VA's will do the trick.

I don't see why they can't make a guess appearance of movie characters (except the Storm King, he's kind of dead :D). Problem lies of being able to hire any of their voices, as they are both more busy, and expensive. Hiring a impersonator sounds viable enough, but they don't exactly have a habit of changing voices :huh:. If they don't wanna go that route, they could develop them more indirectly, like introducing Spring Rain and Glitter Drops in Tempest's case

If we are to believe that the film had such a modest budget that Hasbro is happy with results, then having her as a guest spot in one episode would not break the bank. Logic. At least not before Mary Popping Returns. That will probably put her as an A Lister if it does well. That said, scheduling is always the tricky part. But she is used to VA work so she may actually be able to do it all remote. 

And yes they can recast her or have a silent cameo. Any of these options is possible. 

• Brohoof 1

Not having at least a mute appearance will be considered a crime in some states and I do believe the UN is working on a speech of resolute condemnation in case of her absence. Hiring another VA is also a valid option. Tempest should absolutely be saddled and put to work, so to speak.

On 11/14/2017 at 3:36 PM, Filthy Jawa said:

If we are to believe that the film had such a modest budget that Hasbro is happy with results, then having her as a guest spot in one episode would not break the bank. Logic. At least not before Mary Popping Returns. That will probably put her as an A Lister if it does well. That said, scheduling is always the tricky part. But she is used to VA work so she may actually be able to do it all remote. 

And yes they can recast her or have a silent cameo. Any of these options is possible. 

Still wondering why the heck they haven't released their budget information yet.

On 11/14/2017 at 10:06 AM, Steve Piranha said:

I don't see why they can't make a guess appearance of movie characters (except the Storm King, he's kind of dead :D)

In the magical world of mlp, "Stoned and shattered" is apparently not "Dead"

861992__source+needed_useless+source+url_safe_king+sombra_princess+amore_radiant+hope_spoiler-colon-comic_spoiler-colon-comicfiendshipismagic1_adventur.png

On 11/14/2017 at 2:50 AM, heavens-champion said:

Or they could get another voice actress.

tempest's entire impact on the audience was due to her VA's depiction of her, to just try and replace her would be disastrous, most likely.

They'd need really good casting to help Tempest keep most of her charm and appeal, as recasting the wrong person can ruin a character. I mean look at how awful Galvatron's voice was after the movie, and that was Frank fucking Welker!

13 minutes ago, Kiryu-Chan said:

They'd need really good casting to help Tempest keep most of her charm and appeal, as recasting the wrong person can ruin a character. I mean look at how awful Galvatron's voice was after the movie, and that was Frank fucking Welker!

to be honest I've always disliked galvatron as a character anyways, its basically deleting a very good character (megatron) and replacing him with a being that looks KIND OF like him but is completely insane and lacks megatron's compelling aspects (Charisma to make his soldiers loyal to him, a compelling past and personal history with the hero)

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, Unlikeable Pony said:

Still wondering why the heck they haven't released their budget information yet.

In the magical world of mlp, "Stoned and shattered" is apparently not "Dead"

861992__source+needed_useless+source+url_safe_king+sombra_princess+amore_radiant+hope_spoiler-colon-comic_spoiler-colon-comicfiendshipismagic1_adventur.png

tempest's entire impact on the audience was due to her VA's depiction of her, to just try and replace her would be disastrous, most likely.

Ehhhhhh not really canon so Storm King is ded bruhski

Anyway, I would like her to come back, but I doubt it would happen.

Personally, I hope not... I don't want to see any bridge between the movie and the show at all. 

Hhm I dunno, I like to think that the movie is in a dimention all it's own, like Canterlot high, and the original equestria. I don't know how the writers will fit in the story line, since Starlight Glimmer's now a pretty prominent figure, and she only appeared in the credit sequence. The movie had started so long ago, I don't think the directors thought through where this all would fit.

• Brohoof 1