Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask Nightfall Gloam

Nightfall Gloam

On 3/1/2018 at 12:59 AM, Nightfall Gloam said:

Rainbow Dash is currently my favourite pony, and I decided to switch to this avatar while I wait for StrawCherry to finish my request.

Things are going pretty good, and my older brother will be having his wedding soon! :)

Oh that sounds wonderful! I hope it goes well! :pinkie:

What are some of your favorite bands? I bet you probably listen to a ton of music and a great deal of bands, but are there any that you like more than others?

• Brohoof 1

On 3/3/2018 at 11:30 AM, Soren Peregrinator said:

Oh that sounds wonderful! I hope it goes well! :pinkie:

What are some of your favorite bands? I bet you probably listen to a ton of music and a great deal of bands, but are there any that you like more than others?

I do listen to a lot of music, but unfortunately I still haven't really explored the world of rock yet in recent years, though I will give it a shot. Much of the rock that I have listened to is inherited from my parents tastes though, such as Green Day (during the American Idiot era) and Coldplay.

I'm going to turn the tables for a bit and ask you if there are any bands you'd recommend?

• Brohoof 1

22 minutes ago, Nightfall Gloam said:

I do listen to a lot of music, but unfortunately I still haven't really explored the world of rock yet in recent years, though I will give it a shot. Much of the rock that I have listened to is inherited from my parents tastes though, such as Green Day (during the American Idiot era) and Coldplay.

I'm going to turn the tables for a bit and ask you if there are any bands you'd recommend?

Well, it depends what types of Rock you like. My absolute favorite band is Switchfoot (lead singer is Jon Foreman). They are my favorite because they have good quality, anything from hard rock to soft alternative, and they are just so real with their lyrics. For them, music is more than just music. It is something that brings people together to create something beautiful, in their words.

If you are looking for just general Rock, I would say Foo Fighters are pretty good. Some others would be Jimmy Eat World, Anberlin, and one that has one of the most talented vocalists is The Killers. 

Hard Rock/Metal? I think Breaking Benjamin and Disturbed have some good songs, and Five Finger Death Punch has a couple songs that I like, though I don't listen to most of their stuff due to the strong language.

If you're more into bands that combine elements of Hip-hop, rap and others into a Rock sound, I would recommend P.O.D. (Payable On Death). Besides the fact that the lead raps I would actually classify them as being more Hard Rock and Emo. Linkin Park is also a good one here (RIP Chester.)

If you want punk rock, Green Day is already good. Some others would be Simple Plan and Scratch21 (not a very well known band but they did a collab with EileMonty for a song titled 'Strangers' featured in a PMV for Button Mash and Sweetie Belle, which was amazing.

I love the Seattle Sound (Grunge). Some include Nirvana, Alice In Chains, and Soundgarden.

If you like the oldies... Most of the well-known ones are good.

Emo? This is a form of rock I have been very interested in recently. Some good ones include Black Veil Brides, Good Charlotte, Paramore, Evanescence, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, and P.O.D.

And one more. This band has who I believe to be possibly be the most talented male vocalist in Rock. Thirty Seconds To Mars. The lead singer's name is Jared Leto. They spread through many genres, hard rock, soft rock, and Emo, among others. For the sake of Jared Leto's voice you absolutely need to check this band out.

Lol I wrote way too much! :D

I guess a question I can post after this is... Did you look up any of these bands and if so what did you think of them?

• Brohoof 1

On 3/4/2018 at 12:48 PM, Soren Peregrinator said:

Well, it depends what types of Rock you like. My absolute favorite band is Switchfoot (lead singer is Jon Foreman). They are my favorite because they have good quality, anything from hard rock to soft alternative, and they are just so real with their lyrics. For them, music is more than just music. It is something that brings people together to create something beautiful, in their words.

If you are looking for just general Rock, I would say Foo Fighters are pretty good. Some others would be Jimmy Eat World, Anberlin, and one that has one of the most talented vocalists is The Killers. 

Hard Rock/Metal? I think Breaking Benjamin and Disturbed have some good songs, and Five Finger Death Punch has a couple songs that I like, though I don't listen to most of their stuff due to the strong language.

If you're more into bands that combine elements of Hip-hop, rap and others into a Rock sound, I would recommend P.O.D. (Payable On Death). Besides the fact that the lead raps I would actually classify them as being more Hard Rock and Emo. Linkin Park is also a good one here (RIP Chester.)

If you want punk rock, Green Day is already good. Some others would be Simple Plan and Scratch21 (not a very well known band but they did a collab with EileMonty for a song titled 'Strangers' featured in a PMV for Button Mash and Sweetie Belle, which was amazing.

I love the Seattle Sound (Grunge). Some include Nirvana, Alice In Chains, and Soundgarden.

If you like the oldies... Most of the well-known ones are good.

Emo? This is a form of rock I have been very interested in recently. Some good ones include Black Veil Brides, Good Charlotte, Paramore, Evanescence, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, and P.O.D.

And one more. This band has who I believe to be possibly be the most talented male vocalist in Rock. Thirty Seconds To Mars. The lead singer's name is Jared Leto. They spread through many genres, hard rock, soft rock, and Emo, among others. For the sake of Jared Leto's voice you absolutely need to check this band out.

Lol I wrote way too much! :D

I guess a question I can post after this is... Did you look up any of these bands and if so what did you think of them?

Whoa, that's a lot of text! I haven't looked up a lot of these bands yet, but I do recognize some of the names, including Foo Fighters, The Killers, Linkin Park, Disturbed, Green Day and even Scratch21 (their song Strangers actually has a bit of sentimental value to me, as it reminds me of the girl I was in a long distance relationship with last year). Once I get the time, I will look them up ^^

10 hours ago, Kappa said:

How's your day going? :D

My day didn't start off so well, as I was thinking about someone I miss, but, because I was cooking today, things gradually got better!

• 4 weeks later...
On 06/03/2018 at 1:31 AM, ChB said:

@Nightfall Gloam

What are your favorite MLP episodes?

Sorry for being incredibly late to answer this, but, my favourite episodes are:

• Twilight's Kingdom (parts 1 and 2)
  • Rarity Takes Manehattan
  • Daring Don't
  • The Best Night Ever
  • Pinkie Apple Pie
  • The Cutie Map (parts 1 and 2)
  • Crusaders of the Lost Mark
  • Spice Up Your Life
  • The Return of Harmony
  • The Perfect Pear
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, King of Canterlot said:

@Nightfall Gloam I was just curious because your an Australian, so your view shouldn't be too skewered one way or the other, but what do you think of Donald Trump?

Image result for donald trump

First time getting a political question on here!

Anyway, my immediate family mostly shares the same views, politically speaking and they are very biased against him. At the risk of being controversial, I sometimes feel like they are taking their dislike towards him a little too far and will just listen to anyone with a negative opinion on the guy. But you're interested in my own personal views, so I'll give you them:

Even despite having a mostly left-wing world view, though not as far left as the rest of my family, during the U.S election season, it was constantly on my mind that we should at least give the guy a chance should he end up as president, though it had less to do with defending Trump, and more to do with considering the various possibilities of then future events. That said, I still was kinda disappointed when he became president, but I feel like Hillary Clinton would not have been that much better anyway, if not worse.

In his first year, I was still mostly giving him a chance as I felt it was too early to form an informed opinion on how he's doing and I was mostly wanting to hear the opinions of Trump supporters during this time and was largely interested in their perspective on the controversial president. I agreed with some points from them, and I actually didn't mind him and his supporters despite my views as later on in that year, I thought he wasn't that bad, though definitely disagreed on a lot of issues. If there is one thing from during that time that had me afraid though, it was the whole North Korea mess that was going on.

Right now, though, my thoughts on Trump is that he has largely lost a lot of his credibility and I feel like he might be starting to pander a bit much to his more further right supporters. I recall one tweet he posted after a shooting that recently happened in America and the way he's been since that has made me start to seriously dislike him. 

tl;dr I didn't actually mind him that much or really be all that worried about him at first, aside from the North Korea thing and my family's views, but, more recently, I have found that I don't actually like him that much and I'm really hoping the next president is at least more rational, regardless of what political views they may have. 

• Brohoof 2

• 2 months later...

Revenge time! :squee:

How fluffy is your pillow?

What is your favorite punctuation mark?

What plushies do you have?

What was your first pet?

Do you pour the milk or the cereal first?

Do you think you would make a good forum moderator?

Have you ever played a strategy game?

What is your favorite kind of pasta? :nom: 

Who's your fictional crush?

What would you do if a :Fleur: showed up at your doorstep?

Do you prefer serious questions or silly questions? 

What kinds of things do you usually dream about?

What are your thoughts on Australia's mandatory voting?

How long can I be serious before I inevitably turn silly again? :wacko: 

What's your favorite joke?

How many questions did I ask you? Because I am too lazy to count them myself, so I will make you do it :maud: 

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, SparklingSwirls said:

Revenge time! :squee:

How fluffy is your pillow?

What is your favorite punctuation mark?

What plushies do you have?

What was your first pet?

Do you pour the milk or the cereal first?

Do you think you would make a good forum moderator?

Have you ever played a strategy game?

What is your favorite kind of pasta? :nom: 

Who's your fictional crush?

What would you do if a :Fleur: showed up at your doorstep?

Do you prefer serious questions or silly questions? 

What kinds of things do you usually dream about?

What are your thoughts on Australia's mandatory voting?

How long can I be serious before I inevitably turn silly again? :wacko: 

What's your favorite joke?

How many questions did I ask you? Because I am too lazy to count them myself, so I will make you do it :maud: 

Thank you for all these questions! :squee:

1. My pillows aren't fluffy or feathery. Still, comfortable enough for me though.
  2. I guess it would have to be this one "?"
  3. I have about 19 plushies in my room. Most of them are MLP: FiM ones I got from eBay, however I also own some Pokemon plushies, a Quokka plush and some plushies from my childhood that I keep as memories.
  4. I believe we had a cat named Rogue before we had Storm. Yeah, my parents seem to name all our cats after X-Men characters.
  5. Since I normally have porridge for breakfast, I pour the cereal first.
  6. Possibly, but a part of me feels like I'd end up a little too strict. Although I admittedly wouldn't mind investigating reports as they come up, I think, if I were part of a forum staff team, that would be the best position for me.
  7. Yes! My family used to play Age of Empires 1 and 2 a lot, and have recently played the remaster of AoE II that came out a while back. I also used to play this game called "Stellaris" with my friend, Katie, from EqD. I should probably get back into Stellaris, but I could never quite figure it out haha!
  8. I like Fusilli pastas! :nom:
  9. Haven't had any fictional crush in a really long time. Closest I've got are characters I really only admire for certain traits I like or aspire to have.
  10. Surrender to the :Fleur: for I have lost to its powers!
  11. I prefer silly questions. When it comes to the more serious questions, especially relating to life, politics, religion, etc... Even while I will share my honest opinion, I tend to get a bit afraid I may trigger or offend someone even though that was never my intention. When it comes to the more serious stuff, I usually prefer to discuss it with someone I'm close to who understands me enough, and even then, it takes time before I answer.
  12. Good question. I normally dream about finding love (well, that's kinda predictable), running my dream film and entertainment company, travelling to the various countries I've wanted to visit since forever and I guess also just having a simpler life out in Australia's countryside when I retire some day.
  13. Even while I do understand the importance of voting in a democratic society, I think potential voters should be given the option to not vote in some elections if they don't wish to participate in that year. I used to think about this differently, however, considering how insane the 2016 election in the United States seemed to be, I've started to understand why one wouldn't want to vote in some elections. Of course, in Australia's political system, you have more parties you can choose from, and you can choose to vote for either entire parties or specific candidates you want, and you make up to either 6 or 12 choices depending on how you choose to vote, based on who you would like the most and who you would like the least. I'd recommend reading into it more by reading this article to make sense of it all. Still, voters should have the freedom to choose not to vote in an election.
  14. I'd give it about 2-5 minutes before you turn silly again :P 
  15. My favourite kind of humour is usually very silly, makes no sense and never mature. 
  16. Counting this one, you've asked me 16 questions. Congratulations, you have the forum record for asking me the most questions on my ask page in a single post!
  • Brohoof 2

What are some bands/musical artists that you listen to frequently as of now?

How often do you encounter snakes 'down under'?

Do you think having an OC is very important when you are part of the MLP fandom?

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Wannabrony said:

If you were to rate yourself out of a hundred, how good would you say your drawing and general art skills are? :ooh:

I would give myself about a 63%, I personally think my drawing and art skills are okay enough, but they probably do need a lot of work.

• Brohoof 1

54 minutes ago, IronM17 said:

Hi, how are you?

How is the weather?

Have you seen already all for the moment released episodes of S8?

1. Feeling better; talked out some of the issues I've been having with my family recently. Though I haven't opened up about everything yet, things are definitely improving. Also played some Splatoon ^^
  2. The weather here is rainy... Really, really, really rainy...
  3. I haven't caught up on all the episodes yet. Admittedly for me, I'm more into the fandom these days than the show itself.
  • Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2018 at 9:59 AM, Soren Peregrine said:

What are some bands/musical artists that you listen to frequently as of now?

How often do you encounter snakes 'down under'?

Do you think having an OC is very important when you are part of the MLP fandom?

1. Sorry, I don't really have many that I frequently listen to these days. I'm mostly trying to find newer music I might enjoy.
  2. Not very often surprisingly, but then again, I don't go out enough and I live in the city.
  3. Its not the most important thing, but it does help with identification if you have a unique OC.

On 9/5/2018 at 12:48 AM, SparklingSwirls said:

What’s the funniest coincidence you’ve experienced in your life?

I've been experiencing a lot of weird coincidences in my life recently, so its hard to pick just one, but, recently when I hoped Hearts of Iron IV would go on sale on Steam, I found out it was on sale through my email, and then told you about it. But I think that's more of a happy coincidence than a funny one. 

• Brohoof 1

13 minutes ago, IronM17 said:

What was for you the most afraiting moment in your life?

And what the saddest?

And what was the most awesome one?

1. Afraiting? I haven't had many scary moments in my life, but I guess on my trip to Perth, I did have to fly a plane for the first time in forever, and I wasn't used to that. Will need to get used to it if I ever want to travel though. 
  2. Pretty much the time I was getting over Raven, my ex-LDR from the Philippines. She was pretty much the first time I felt truly loved by someone, but the relationship was pretty much going to fail anyway in hindsight. I learned a lot from the relationship, I still kind of miss her somewhat, and I haven't been the same both since I met her and since she left my life. Since then, I have decided I'd take a break from finding love until I feel ready again. I have had crushes on some people on the forums and IRL, but, I got over them relatively quickly. Also, I'm glad I'm at least over Raven now. 
  3. My life as of this post really. I've been rebuilding myself, learning how to handle life better, fixing old friendships and finally getting my life back on track. :D I still have a lot to learn but I'm happy with things right now and I'm starting to, without sounding narcissistic, love myself a little more. Honestly, thank you to everyone who has helped my life get to this point. I want to give you all a big hug! 

• Brohoof 2

6 minutes ago, IronM17 said:

Do you know a lot of people from the Philippines?

How is the City of Perth? 

1. Surprisingly, I know quite a few people from the Philippines. Even though its already pretty common to see Asians in Australia, my city seems to be more popular with people from either China or Vietnam based on my observations. Though, with that said, there is still a significant enough Filipino population here and I've met plenty! ^^
  2. Perth is a nice place to go on holiday for a week at least. Its quiet, everyone there is friendly, the weather is nice if you like hot weather and there's lots to do there. I'd gladly visit again.
  • Brohoof 1