Huh? New element of harmony?

FruitRiver

If they added a new pony to the Mane 6 I would go into conniptions because the Mane 6 are just so perfect that it would just fall apart. Although if it's Derpy I support them the entire way!

Its Wikapedia, why wouldnt you expect a bunch of crap?

People are just seeking attention from worried bronies, Im sure. But if this happenes to be true, well then Lauren, you better work your magic with this new pony or Im going to be pretty upset.

Posted Image

I know this is fake, and I'm glad it is because I personally would not want another pony. I'm pretty attached to the Mane Six, and I think introducing another so late is just a recipe for disaster.

Fake or not, I don't understand what everyone's concern over this. Look at the mane 6, they clearly all have unique and distinct personalities. The creators knew what they were doing, and every other character aside all brought that same life and feeling into the show. The writters will undoubtably find a happy medium and, if this is true, will have another great character on our hands.

Btw, maybe Spike represents the 7th element? :o

Fake or not, I don't understand what everyone's concern over this. Look at the mane 6, they clearly all have unique and distinct personalities. The creators knew what they were doing, and every other character aside all brought that same life and feeling into the show. The writters will undoubtably find a happy medium and, if this is true, will have another great character on our hands.

Btw, maybe Spike represents the 7th element? :o

Its because you already know them so well that a 7th element would just be weird. I was thinking Spike, but what would his element be? Hes got a personality and hes got traits but he dosent have one that could be an element

BREAKING NEWS: HASBRO ANNOUNCES SEVENTH ELEMENT OF HARMONY

May 26, 2012

(HASBRO STUDIOS, LOS ANGELES, CA) In an apparent response to widespread rumors of their flagship cartoon series, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, beginning its third season with the addition of a new Element of Harmony, senior executives of Hasbro Studios, Inc. held a press conference at their headquarters in Los Angeles today.

In the popular animated television program for girls, the Elements of Harmony are a set of six pieces of enchanted jewelry said to represent the "magic of friendship". When worn, they give wearers magical powers which are used to defeat villains and save the mythical land of Equestria from the forces of evil.

Spokesman Zach Middler, Executive Director of Marketing, Brand Development and Character Design for Hasbro Studios, confirmed that a new Element will be added, along with a new member of the main cast.

Middler expressed confidence that fans of the show will quickly embrace the new character, who signals a change in direction intended to breathe new life into the aging franchise. He also confirmed the introduction of a corresponding toy line scheduled to begin distribution in conjunction with the launch of the new season.

"Our focus groups and creative consultants have repeatedly told us they like Friendship is Magic, but they need it to be more proactive," Middler said. "We believe our new Element will deliver a substantially improved value proposition exploiting our core competencies."

Middler then unveiled the new character and his associated Element of Harmony.

post-2150-0-30200500-1338053305_thumb.gif

Meet Poochie: The Element of Radicalness.

"Poochie represents targeted outreach to a key peripheral demographic and a unique cross-marketing opportunity for bringing My Little Pony more forcefully into the sportswear and athletic gear brand space," said Middler. "By leveraging Poochie's appeal to young males in the 3-12 age range, we believe we will see significant brand synergy and volume growth in our related apparel and toy divisions, thereby bringing significant incremental returns on investment for our shareholders."

According to Middler, the new character, along with his new Element which takes the form of an enchanted surfboard, will be a central figure of the new season, demonstrating how true friendship requires the "Element of Radicalness." When combined with the other six Elements, Poochie's magic surfboard will allow them to "cruise" around the world, bringing the "magic of friendship" to "little dudes and dudettes" everywhere and leading the fight to promote peace, save the environment and stamp out hunger.

"We here at Hasbro Studios believe children's programming can transcend traditional norms for televised entertainment and serve as a vehicle for social justice," Middler continued. "My Little Pony isn't just about dolls with brushable manes anymore. It's about empowerment, motivation and being more proactive."

"When viewers watch My Little Pony, we want them to look past the ponies and envision world change. If we can convince just one child to make a difference and take a stand for progress by purchasing our products, then we've done our jobs right."

Story by Ed Hoch, West Coast Media Correspondent

Copyright © 2012 PNN, Inc.

All Rights Reserved.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone keeps saying :"A 7th main character would screw up character development!" i do't really think so. It could be a good lesson.

"Dear Princess Celestia,

Today, me and my friends learned that, while the safety of people you know well can be comforting it's important to not close yourself to the possibility of new friends."

As for a new main character? My empty hope is Dr. Whooves as the element of courage, but if this is real (which it likely isn't), the 7th element would likely be Spike.

BREAKING NEWS: HASBRO ANNOUNCES SEVENTH ELEMENT OF HARMONY

May 26, 2012

(HASBRO STUDIOS, LOS ANGELES, CA) In an apparent response to widespread rumors of their flagship cartoon series, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, beginning its third season with the addition of a new Element of Harmony, senior executives of Hasbro Studios, Inc. held a press conference at their headquarters in Los Angeles today.

In the popular animated television program for girls, the Elements of Harmony are a set of six pieces of enchanted jewelry said to represent the "magic of friendship". When worn, they give wearers magical powers which are used to defeat villains and save the mythical land of Equestria from the forces of evil.

Spokesman Zach Middler, Executive Director of Marketing, Brand Development and Character Design for Hasbro Studios, confirmed that a new Element will be added, along with a new member of the main cast.

Middler expressed confidence that fans of the show will quickly embrace the new character, who signals a change in direction intended to breathe new life into the aging franchise. He also confirmed the introduction of a corresponding toy line scheduled to begin distribution in conjunction with the launch of the new season.

"Our focus groups and creative consultants have repeatedly told us they like Friendship is Magic, but they need it to be more proactive," Middler said. "We believe our new Element will deliver a substantially improved value proposition exploiting our core competencies."

Middler then unveiled the new character and his associated Element of Harmony.

post-2150-0-30200500-1338053305_thumb.gif

Meet Poochie: The Element of Radicalness.

"Poochie represents targeted outreach to a key peripheral demographic and a unique cross-marketing opportunity for bringing My Little Pony more forcefully into the sportswear and athletic gear brand space," said Middler. "By leveraging Poochie's appeal to young males in the 3-12 age range, we believe we will see significant brand synergy and volume growth in our related apparel and toy divisions, thereby bringing significant incremental returns on investment for our shareholders."

According to Middler, the new character, along with his new Element which takes the form of an enchanted surfboard, will be a central figure of the new season, demonstrating how true friendship requires the "Element of Radicalness." When combined with the other six Elements, Poochie's magic surfboard will allow them to "cruise" around the world, bringing the "magic of friendship" to "little dudes and dudettes" everywhere and leading the fight to promote peace, save the environment and stamp out hunger.

"We here at Hasbro Studios believe children's programming can transcend traditional norms for televised entertainment and serve as a vehicle for social justice," Middler continued. "My Little Pony isn't just about dolls with brushable manes anymore. It's about empowerment, motivation and being more proactive."

"When viewers watch My Little Pony, we want them to look past the ponies and envision world change. If we can convince just one child to make a difference and take a stand for progress by purchasing our products, then we've done our jobs right."

Story by Ed Hoch, West Coast Media Correspondent

Copyright © 2012 PNN, Inc.

All Rights Reserved.

I...believed you at first XD

Posted Image

I've seen the MLP Wikipedia page edited by trolls more times than Pinkie Pie breaks the 4th wall. I take nothing seriously from there.

• Brohoof 1

From Wikipedia:

"Nicole Oliver, Michelle Creber, Tara Strong, John de Lancie and James Wootton have all confirmed that the third season is currently in production. The new season will start with the introduction of a new element of harmony.

Dosent this mean that there will be a new pony? Im confused...

I believe that is simply a rumor. I can find no reference to it in the wikipedia article anywhere.

If there IS going to be a new Element (which I really doubt there will be), please, MAKE IT A MALE CHARACTER.

Seriously, now, TOO MANY MARES in that show, very few male characters were introduced, and only four have somewhat of a real canon personality (Discord, Spike, Doodle -kind of- and Shining Armour). Can't think on anypony else.

• Brohoof 1

I'd say it's fake, but I feel like I was beaten to the punch. A thousand times over.

So instead I'll just say, that anything on Wikipedia without a source should be taken as a grain of salt. Plus, if this were true, I'm pretty sure EqD would've exploded by now.

If there IS going to be a new Element (which I really doubt there will be), please, MAKE IT A MALE CHARACTER.

Seriously, now, TOO MANY MARES in that show, very few male characters were introduced, and only four have somewhat of a real canon personality (Discord, Spike, Doodle -kind of- and Shining Armour). Can't think on anypony else.

I think that be just a bit weird. I feel like that would be making a character FOR bronies. And I dont think making a character for them would work out. Bronies like the show how they made it, (meaning when it was for 10 year old girls XD)