Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why is Earth so delicate?

heavens-champion

On 2019-12-14 at 7:09 PM, Kyoshi said:

but Earth as a planet doesn't give a single fug.

Earth doesn't even notice it's own existence. How could it possibly have the ability to care when it doesn't if have capacity for sentience and self-awareness? It always baffles me when people say things like "the world doesn't care".

1 hour ago, heavens-champion said:

Earth doesn't even notice it's own existence. How could it possibly have the ability to care when it doesn't if have capacity for sentience and self-awareness? It always baffles me when people say things like "the world doesn't care".

What I mean when I say that is the systems at play on Earth do what they do regardless of what humans do. Humanity wants to pretend it holds all power when in reality we barely control anything. 

The earth is more resilient than most people give it credit for. Things will come and go, and civilizations may wipe themselves out and restart from scratch, but the earth will just keep on spinning. Nature has a way of healing itself even from the most horrific disasters. 

Well once you actually look into many of these groups doing these alarmist propaganda and the people that are in on it you realize quickly it's just money. The earth has been around for many billions of years or 4.54 billion to be somewhat precise and it will continue to do so for very least 5.5 billion years or so when the sun becomes the supernova it is destined to become. So no it is more resilient then you can imagine it'll be here long after humanity. We are but a blink of an eye when it comes to space time.

That said, I used to believe in this until I realized many of the people who talk against it are the biggest polluters that and carbon monoxide is actually pretty good for the planet given our population is what it is today. We do need more food and more carbon monoxide means more plant life. That and the fact that marjority of earths life forms are carbon based. Not to mention the science is somewhat weird if you've done research on it, which I have and essentially they first of all do not take the sun into the equation which is funny as solar activity varies. That and the fact that their science is based on a hypothesis that is that co2 in large concentration creates heat which is hard to do with the atmosphere. You then have the fact they never even mention the Roman period considered to be the most prosperous for humanity with the best climate back then. I do know why they never mention it though and that's because it would make their graphs seem you know as if the climate naturally changes which is does periodically and we have perhaps some effects sure but our greatest pollution would likely rather be the pesticides we use that are killing off a lot of lifeforms on earth. Then you have all the plastic in the ocean which is mainly due to the fact the west believes its being recycled which only a minority of it is. Countries get paid to take it and do whatever they'll do with it usually that means majority of it is dumped in the ocean though. Though that's the type of society we live in nowadays, people are worrying about more carbon in the air opposed to the fact that we are killing our oceans with trash literally. Or the fact that we are killing off bugs using pesticides literally poisoning the earth. The earth however is not fragile and also you need to understand something that you know if you've been to university is you can't say whatever you want or do whatever research you want to. There is also a lot of money to be made if you partake in the alarmist cult but I assure you our planet will be just fine.

• Brohoof 1