Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Your Past, Regretful Actions

Photon Jet

Hi everypony! I've come up with a topic we all can relate to. It's all about the actions we did in the past we regret we shouldn't have done in the first place.

Let's face it. Everypony has done regretful things in the past. That's why we have to learn from our mistakes so they cannot happen again. That is the element of redemption as it helps us strive to be better ponies work together to achieve the impossible.

To play hurtful jokes on ponies or to post unkind things on social media is not the action of a good brony. I know it's tough explaining your past actions but I thought this would be a good time to emphasize our feelings with each other. Therefore, we can work together to spread the magic of friendship around our world. If Sunset Shimmer and Starlight Glimmer were reformed, so are we.

But there's one thing Solid Snake said we all must remember is to not regret your past, learn from it. Regrets just make a pony weaker.

Edited by Photon Jet
  • Brohoof 4

I've done way too many regretful things throughout my life and would be impossible for me to list all of them. However, there is one regret in particular that has been haunting me for a while so I figured on mentioning it here. I wish that I had never gotten into cosplay as all it did was make me miserable and experience conflicting opinions within my head that even now continue gnawing at me.

One small thing that I regret is when I was in high school there was this one nice kid that would talk to me.  I even introduced him to some anime but he started to get a little obsessed with one of the characters and would quote him during class.  While personally, I found it endearing at first, it slowly became annoying.  Now I'm not saying that that was the part I regret, that comes later.  There was this girl I kinda liked and hung out with during breakfast period before class started and I really wanted to impress her but the problem was, was that she didn't like the kid previously mentioned.  So one day during the breakfast period, the kid came up to me and started talking to me, I felt embarrassed and coldly put him off.  I regret doing that, that kid was alright and I was being a dumb idiot over someone that would never return the way I felt for them.

• Brohoof 2

I was a really stupid kid in middle school and that shows with all my old status updates, but I didn't really like many people. I hated most people out of spite and jealousy because they were well liked and more popular than I. I said I hated a certain girl who I fell in love with this year of HS and she brought that up in a conversation days after I asked her out, I had forgotten I had even said such a thing so I really regret being like I was in middle school. Learned not to judge people until I've gotten to know them lol

• Brohoof 1

Some of my old posts here are ultimate cringefest and if anyone deletes them from here and my memory then I'd build that person a statue and worship the person as a god. xD 

But now to serious ones:

-changing high school - I was angry due to fact plenty of classes were cancelled in my first high school so I decided to change it. It was a mistake. 2nd high school had amazing biology, math, physics teachers, but those weren't studies I wanted to continue. I wanted to further study english, polish, history and music. 2nd high school had pretty bad teachers for all of those. Especially polish one. I took pride in my polish writing style, I could write entire essays with ease. Teacher in first school supported it, tried to involve me in all the competitions related to it and overall was a HUGE support. In 2nd one I almost failed class, because I was in hospital (literally) and, because my essays were never checked xD Don't ask, the way she handled classes was cancerous. Eventually my skills got worse, because there was nobody to help me in developing them more. 

-first university choice - fortunately I cancelled my course fast, but I was foolish to choose uni based on how close it is to my hometown. Eventually I graduated elsewhere.

Those are the only things I really, really regret. Of course there are some minors mistakes here and there, but dwelling on them would be pointless. 

• Brohoof 2

Basically every Youtube video I've ever made. They're really cringy. I deleted them all and good riddance. I really needed better quality control of the content.

Also really regret EVER playing League of Legends, it was probably one of the worst decisions I ever made. Sadly enough, I've thought of coming back to it.

Also regret being an annoying pest to my brother (and probably other people) when I was younger. If I had to deal with someone like I used to be, now...

Those among probably a lot of other things... Seriously, the old cringe as well as bad decisions would probably fill at least an entire page...

Edited by Nerdy Luigi
Forgot to add the last sentence.
  • Brohoof 1

Lots of my cringe took place on this website

-Acting all "Oh I suck and I don't deserve to be alive" for no reason (And I acted like this in real life too)

-Constantly talking about PAC-MAN and trying to relate everything to that game

-Thinking an intentionally rebellious and disrespectful behavior towards adults is a sexy behavior

-Making a thread called "Math makes me think of dead things"

-Openly crushing obsessively on a member

-Saying some incredibly stupid and immature shit

-Making a thread called "Gamecubeguy214 Fan Club" for myself

-Always censoring my swear words with * symbols

-Asking someone if they were a girl when they didn't have their gender set (They answered the question and seemed uncomfortable about it)

-Saying a few TMI things

I honestly should have been banned

• 2 weeks later...

I regret not talking more to the girl I'm in a long distance relationship with and trying to find another way her and I could contact each other... 

It's been too long now since I've last saw her and I've made this same mistake too many times in the past with her, and I'm not even sure if she'll come back.

• Brohoof 2

@Photon Jet

I regret not coming up with this topic first. I Googled it to see if a general topic of this subject already existed, and apparently I didn't look hard enough.

If you want my response from the version of the topic I started:

Me? I regret a few Topics I made in the Life Advice section in the past few months. I just came off as too angry without the appropriate standards to the point where one of the topics had to be locked by Admin.

EDIT: Wait a minute, I was the first reply to this topic from November 16, and I already gave that as my answer.

Gosh, I'm losing my memory!

Edited by WiiGuy2014
Already answered this topic
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

I regret a lot of things in life, too many things. If I had to name one, it would be treating my old friends like dirt - it's been lingering in my head for a very long time. I honestly don't blame them for cutting ties with me. 

I regret misreading others, allowing myself to be misread, and causing hurt feelings as a result. I still have a lot to learn about people and I make mistakes. I mean well but I screw up a lot anyway. And sometimes I speak too quickly and say things I’d like to retract once it’s too late.

• Brohoof 2

• 3 months later...

Oh, I have plenty of things I've done in the past that I regret...things I wish I wouldn't have said, ways I wished I wouldn't have acted...stuff like that. 

• Brohoof 1

As much as I have some actions that I used to really regret, most of them turned out pretty good / seem like they're going to in the long run, so I don't know if I actually regret them in hindsight. Things might not have turned out the way they have if I had acted differently.

There was a girl I was friends with in high school, and I just had to go and ruin it by asking her out one day. That made things super awkward between us and we haven't talked in over half a year, which sucks because she was actually a really cool friend. It was really stupid looking back on it, because I don't think I actually like her that way, and now I'm down another friend.

• Brohoof 1

There's a number of things I kind of regret, but at the same time, I'm also a bit glad I did them. Now I know what not to do. :twismile: If I hadn't done all those idiotic things, I might still be that much of an idiot. What scares me though, is that I'm bound to still do a lot more stupid things.

Oh I have buckets of regrets in all different shapes, sizes and flavours.

One regret in particular is not learning a lot sooner that it was okay to fail sometimes. When I was younger, I used to always severely take any failure to heart to the point of tears and frustration like I had somehow been left behind. It always annoyed and upset me when things that I did just weren't good enough. Didn't help having people adding fuel to the fire by taking joy in my failures. Didn't help when teachers dumped fuel on the fire even more when I got something wrong.

Later on I learned that failure is a good mentor and I managed to start accepting my failures with a little bit more dignity. It still hurts to fail. But all the failures help to fuel the success of the next attempt. It's all just a refining method. I just really really really wish I had someone back during my childhood to teach me that. Maybe then I could have learned a lot more throughout my past years and maybe even avoided some of my other regrets.