Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

“Don’t get your expectations too high”

dragonargon

5 hours ago, dragonargon said:

I absolutely hate this argument that some have brought up here, since day one. “You will enjoy it if you keep your expectations low”. You should absolutely expect a great film the way the creators have been hyping this up. You shouldn’t settle for the mediocrity we just unfortunately got with MLP: The Movie.

I agree with you on this part, we should not keep our expectations too low, but...

42 minutes ago, n1029 said:

I feel like there's a good reason I hold the TV series in the same high esteem as I do Disney and Pixar films and the movie did not measure up to it.

....you should keep your expectation reasonable... the show has its limitation. Always Aim higher but not over your head and never aim for mediocrity :orly: 

The reason this movie is disappointing (to me) not because it isnt Disney-level or Pixar-level, its story just worse than some two-parters of the show which has more time restraint and more kids friendly compare to the movie. 

6 hours ago, dragonargon said:

Dont you feel let down that there was an art book that showed a beautiful and innovative movie and that was scrapped for something that was so generic

Yes, i do.:orly:

• Brohoof 1

20 minutes ago, n1029 said:

Apparently you do if you felt the need to act self-righteous about it

that is all i needed to know. Were done here. Have a nice day. 

• Brohoof 1

Honestly, I feel this thread has served it's purpose.

• Brohoof 2

• The topic was locked