ShadOBabe

My Princess Celestia Cosplay

Recommended Posts

Welp!! Here it is guys! My very first cosply in my life. :sunbutt:

What do you think? Be honest, I want to really know if you like it! :D

Spoiler

celestia_cosplay_by_shadobabe-dbu0l1k.pn

Either way, it was a lot of fun to put together! <3

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

It's simple, but yet VERY effective! Looks good on yah 'sis! :)

  • Brohoof 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, PathfinderCS said:

It's simple, but yet VERY effective! Looks good on yah 'sis! :)

YAY! Thanks Pathy! Glad you like it. :rarity:

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

Awesome Celestia cosplay costume you got there. :)

  • Brohoof 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

4 minutes ago, Twisted Cyclone said:

Awesome Celestia cosplay costume you got there. :)

Thanks hon! Glad you like it!! X3

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

From what I see, what you have here is great.  The necklace & crown are a nice touch!

 

(Maybe a gold sash and/or gold boots would go well too?  Just brainstorming; don't mind me.)

  • Brohoof 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Randimaxis said:

From what I see, what you have here is great.  The necklace & crown are a nice touch!

 

(Maybe a gold sash and/or gold boots would go well too?  Just brainstorming; don't mind me.)

Definitely thought about a sash of some kind. Wasn't able to get ahold of one, but maybe for next time!

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

it looks great :o nice job!

  • Brohoof 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

Pretty good for your first cosplay. I have to ask: did you make or buy the wig? Cause it looks awesome. 

  • Brohoof 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, PoisonClaw said:

Pretty good for your first cosplay. I have to ask: did you make or buy the wig? Cause it looks awesome. 

Thanks!

I had a part time job at a Halloween store last month. Bought the wig there. X3

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

Gosh, I dunno, @ShadO. Maybe take CS's opinion with a grain of salt. I hear they're a... Pathafindgical Liar.

*ba-dum-tis*

 Well, I tell you what, you certainly sell the believeability with that Celestia smile there! Far more photogenic than I, why, half the time I don't even show up on camera! 

Gosh, looks so weird seein' a horn come out of a human head. Can only think of, like, three worlds where that's the case.

That is totally an amazing job on the... the WigMane? Yeh. How anybeing can manage that without any of their original hair whisping out is astonishing! And that Tiara is sparkly like actual gold!

  ...the one part I'm throwing a conniption fit ov-... I mean, hold issue with... is that is a pretty simple shirt & pant. I'm, like, used to big ol' flowing celestial ballroom gowns. Though, no doubt it's pretty hard to iron on a cutie mark to a dress and a royalty's gown is probably bloody well expensive so ... I ain't got alternative options to do there. It just... feels like the whole "pretending to be a character" vibe takes a jab if some of it looks like what your everyday human wears.

  Though granted, since I hear one of the more popular Cosplayer Complaints is mobility and sweating it out in an too-elaborate get-up; you're probably got the better idea here.

 

  ...

.......

   Wait?!You'renotanAhuizotl!??!EverythingIknowisalie!!!

  • Brohoof 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, KrazyDashie said:

it looks great :o nice job!

Thank you very much Krazy!

22 minutes ago, Widdershins said:

Gosh, I dunno, @ShadO. Maybe take CS's opinion with a grain of salt. I hear they're a... Pathafindgical Liar.

*ba-dum-tis*

 Well, I tell you what, you certainly sell the believeability with that Celestia smile there! Far more photogenic than I, why, half the time I don't even show up on camera! 

Gosh, looks so weird seein' a horn come out of a human head. Can only think of, like, three worlds where that's the case.

That is totally an amazing job on the... the WigMane? Yeh. How anybeing can manage that without any of their original hair whisping out is astonishing! And that Tiara is sparkly like actual gold!

  ...the one part I'm throwing a conniption fit ov-... I mean, hold issue with... is that is a pretty simple shirt & pant. I'm, like, used to big ol' flowing celestial ballroom gowns. Though, no doubt it's pretty hard to iron on a cutie mark to a dress and a royalty's gown is probably bloody well expensive so ... I ain't got alternative options to do there. It just... feels like the whole "pretending to be a character" vibe takes a jab if some of it looks like what your everyday human wears.

  Though granted, since I hear one of the more popular Cosplayer Complaints is mobility and sweating it out in an too-elaborate get-up; you're probably got the better idea here.

...

.......

   Wait?!You'renotanAhuizotl!??!EverythingIknowisalie!!!

Thanks for the feedback Widder!

Yeah, I would have loved a dress, or even a skirt, but dang it if I couldn't find a dress within my price range or a skirt that wasn't ugly. But I can keep an eye out for it in the future. But yeah, this'll probably be easier to move around in than a big poofy dress.

Thanks for the compliment about my wig! Yeah, I just twisted up all my hair and pinned it to my head. Worked really well. And the horn is covering up the one tiny bit of blonde that was peeking out.

  • Brohoof 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

It actually looks very very good! Now all you need is to raise the sun in the mornings and set it in the evenings.

1 hour ago, ShadOBabe said:

Definitely thought about a sash of some kind.

Though I do agree with this- a cute white lace filigree sash to drape over your shoulders would add to it in a very regal way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sunset Rose said:

It actually looks very very good! Now all you need is to raise the sun in the mornings and set it in the evenings.

Though I do agree with this- a cute white lace filigree sash to drape over your shoulders would add to it in a very regal way.

LOL! I think I can manage that.

Not a bad idea. I'll keep an eye out for that as well. X3

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

The colors on the hair and jewelry seem especially richer than your average Celestia cosplay.

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, A.V. said:

The colors on the hair and jewelry seem especially richer than your average Celestia cosplay.

Thanks A.V.! It was really fun/challenging shopping around for all the right pieces.

8 minutes ago, Storm Shock said:

it looks verry good ! and pretty ! : D.  

celectia best princess!

Thanks Storm!! X3

She is! And she's my best pony!

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

You look great! You make a good best princess! :D

 

Edit cuz words are hard. :P

Edited by ShinGoji
  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh yes, I may have forgotten that point too.

ALL HAIL THE SOLAR EMPIRE!!!

  • Brohoof 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a fan of what you did here, but I tend to eschew going overboard in favor of subtly so it fits my personal approach to cosplay. A lot of personal bias as that is how we do it in my household. It also shows that you do not have to spend ungodly sums of money and time to pull off a convincing or fun cosplay. Basically, I like the look. 

The wig, blouse, and crown are great here. I would keep the flats as they sell to look better than boots (Sorry Randi). The idea of a sash would be nice, but be careful not to make it too wide. In fact ... 

I can't find a better picture to explain this so 

ichigo_kurosaki_sword_red_sash_cosplay_b

White fabric with gold trim lace. Perhaps built from circular segments (invoking the sun). Sort of like a bride's wedding sash with those colors. 

Either way, looks great! :D

  • Brohoof 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantastic work as expected missus!!! :D

The crown looks just fab, really good job. People will make lines to take photos with ya :P

 

 

  • Brohoof 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

17 hours ago, ShinGoji said:

You look great! You make a good best princess! :D

Edit cuz words are hard. :P

 Heehee, aww thank you hon. <3

13 hours ago, Widdershins said:

Oh yes, I may have forgotten that point too.

ALL HAIL THE SOLAR EMPIRE!!!

PRAISE THE SUN! \[T]/

13 hours ago, PiratePony said:

Looks great. Good job :)

Thank you very much!

13 hours ago, Obi-Quiet said:

I'm a fan of what you did here, but I tend to eschew going overboard in favor of subtly so it fits my personal approach to cosplay. A lot of personal bias as that is how we do it in my household. It also shows that you do not have to spend ungodly sums of money and time to pull off a convincing or fun cosplay. Basically, I like the look. 

The wig, blouse, and crown are great here. I would keep the flats as they sell to look better than boots (Sorry Randi). The idea of a sash would be nice, but be careful not to make it too wide. In fact ... 

I can't find a better picture to explain this so 

White fabric with gold trim lace. Perhaps built from circular segments (invoking the sun). Sort of like a bride's wedding sash with those colors. 

Either way, looks great! :D

Oh, great feedback! Thank you so much! I’m glad you like the style I went with!

12 hours ago, Shadow Beam said:

Fantastic work as expected missus!!! :D

The crown looks just fab, really good job. People will make lines to take photos with ya :P

Thank you hon! Haha, omg if even ONE person wanted to take my picture I would be over the moon. XD

11 hours ago, PuddingPonyPal said:

YOU LOOK AMAZINGGGGG! 

Dawwww, shucks... <3

  • Brohoof 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Join the herd!

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.