Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

After watching Shadow Play and A Health of Information, I just realized something. Cattail is said to be a descendant of Meadowbrook, and there's this gardener from the finale who says that the garden that includes Mistmane's flower has been in her family for generations:

large.png

So here's a wild theory...does that mean that these two Pillars got married and had children?

Granted, Cattail could be a several-times-removed descendant of Meadowbrook, and this gardener never actually says that she's part of Mistmane's family, but that obviously doesn't rule out the possibilities. What are your thoughts?

EDIT: Apparently, "removed" isn't quite the word I'm looking for...maybe a distant nephew.

Edited by PacificGreen

Perhaps, it is possible for the pillars to had families before battling Shadow Pony. Still, the word "family" in the show is very elastic. Pinkie is considered to be AJ's family, even though they are fourth cousins twice removed by a fifth cousin. So, in other words IDK :orly:

• Brohoof 4

Shadow Lock, the main "antagonist" of the comic's "Into The Shadows" arc, which was stated to be a direct tie-in to season 7, was stated to be descended from a "great evil from the past", an evil that turned out to be the Pony of Shadows, AKA Stygian. So, guessing the answer is yes.

Just now, ggg-2 said:

Shadow Lock, the main "antagonist" of the comic's "Into The Shadows" arc, which was stated to be a direct tie-in to season 7, was stated to be descended from a "great evil from the past", an evil that turned out to be the Pony of Shadows, AKA Stygian. So, guessing the answer is yes.

It's a possibility, though it's also possible that Stygian had a brother and that Shadow Lock was his great-great-greatsomething-nephew. IIRC it's not explicitly stated on what branch of the family tree Shadow Lock is on, but I'd say that's likely.

• Brohoof 2

I don't think it would be limited to just to Mistmane and Meadowbrook.

Given how Flash Sentry shares the same first name as Flash Magnus, both are orange pegasus who have been involved in military positions, have blue eyes, and Flash Magnus had a shield as his enchanted item, and Flash Sentry's cutie mark is a shield, it seems pretty likely that the two of them are related. 

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, DonMaguz said:

The gardener could also be Sable Spirit's descendant.

This ... actually makes the story almost delicious considering that Sable was selfish with her desire for beautiful things. While the gardener was not anywhere near as bad ... Rarity had to show the gardener her reflected trait to reach the gardener and get the flower.

Headcanon accepted.

• Brohoof 1

I've learned a short time ago that descendants from a relative are considered indirect descendants, but descendants noneless. There's no evidence the pillars married and had children l, but there's no evidence of the opposite either :huh: