Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Video games you miss playing???

PlzDelete

There are many games that I wish would never end but alas, they have ended and they've been over for a while now. 

I wracked my brain for the past hour for good games I miss playing. Here are a few of them:

Spoiler

Octodad! This game was so cute but so difficult at the same time! I really miss it...

header.jpg?t=1478027333

Spoiler

Dynomite! I'm sure almost everyone on the planet don't now this game but it is a childhood favorite of mine on my old computer. 

header.jpg?t=1447350881

Spoiler

Silent Hill! Dudes, I could tell you a huge story about how much I loved this game as a kid. It scared me really bad but I couldn't stop playing! 

silent_hill_logo.jpg

Spoiler

LoZ Twilight Princess!!! OMGGGG me and my little sister LOVED THIS GAME!!! We both spent hours upon hours together with it. I REALLY miss this game...

The_Legend_of_Zelda_Twilight_Princess_Ga

There are so many more games I miss. The ones above are the games I miss the most at this moment. What about you all? 

This is going to be really long and emotional

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. I still own the game, but it's just not my huge passion anymore. I used to want to become one of the top PAC-MAN mains in the world, and I used to play it all day after school and it would consume all of my free time. My activity in the game suddenly dropped drastically when I found that Geometry Dash was my true talent, and that I suck at Smash Bros. When I picked up Geometry Dash, I thought I would just play a few demons and go back to Smash because I thought Smash was what I was truly good at, not Geometry Dash. I barely played that game. I stepped away from competitive Smash for a bit because I went on a trip to a different city in my state. Now I had full access to competitive Smash, but one, I was playing the game casually with my friends and two, I didn't really want to play the game on a more serious level at a place that I don't call home. I don't know why, but I'm only comfortable doing certain things when I'm at home, and this has always been. There was nothing else to do but to play Geometry Dash; it's always been my favorite mobile game and it's just something to do when I have nothing else. I tried to complete the daily levels, I tried to grind map packs, and I even beat an easy demon. I then found a video on five easy demons to help you improve at the game and I started playing them. My interest in Geometry Dash was rising. I was beating more demons, getting more stars, and trying to progress to become a respectable player, which I certainly am now.

But then I remember. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. PAC-MAN. Charge fruit. Set up a hydrant. Do a combo. This is what I have always been doing. Back in 2016, this is what I was always thinking about. This is what I was always doing. I want to live those days again, but Smash Bros isn't what I'm truly good at. Geometry Dash has mostly consumed my free time. I'm out here beating demons when I would normally be playing in a wifi Smash tournament on Anther's Ladder. I would normally be charging fruit and trying to combo my opponent and win the set. I would be trying to get better at Smash Bros and becoming the player I've always wanted to be. I love Geometry Dash, but Smash Bros is what I truly loved to do. I want to go back. But I'm not good at it.

Looking back, sometimes I wish I never found Geometry Dash. Maybe Geometry Dash is what I'm truly good at, but it's so much more stressful and I have to have so much more persistence. Smash Bros was so much less stressful because it didn't have the pressure of getting far in a level and it didn't immediately kill you for getting hit. Smash Bros has room for mistakes, but Geometry Dash doesn't. The most nervous you would get in Smash Bros is a last hit last stock situation on the final possible game in a tournament. But in Geometry Dash, you lose consistency a lot. You get far, and adrenaline starts to build up like crazy and it's the most nervous you've ever been ever. Smash Bros was so much easier on my brain. But I'm just not good at it. I lost my skill and now my movement just feels really awkward and clumsy. I don't think I can fix it but to give up Geometry Dash, which I love too.

I miss the days when I would just wake up on a Saturday morning, hear the relaxing music playing on my tablet on the right of my bed, sleep in for a little while, and then just turn on my Wii U and open up Discord to play Smash with my friends. Smash was how we bonded. They were my best friends. And then all of us found another game that we thought we were better at, went into the respective community for that game, and then just went and played our own game. We were isolated from each other and we rarely ever talk again. I miss what we would call a "Lit VC" and we would do a Discord tournament often. These were the golden days of all the years I've been gaming. I bonded with people over it and we had such a good time. I miss doing that so much. I have plenty of friends in the Geometry Dash community now, but it's just not the same. Being friends with someone in Geometry Dash just means "Oh, I'm trying to beat this level." "GG on that level." "Knobbelboy is streaming Bloodlust guys." It's so much less interesting. In Smash, you get to play the game with another person. You get to talk to each other while playing and in a call. You get to get hyped about that combo you got that you labbed in training mode for hours, you can laugh about that jank kill you got, you can critique each other's gameplay, the list goes on. There's so much more to talk about in Smash Bros and it makes it so much more interesting, and you even get to experience the joy with someone else. Geometry Dash is just sitting down and hitting the same button, hoping that you get past the hard part while you're sitting alone in your room talking to no one. But Geometry Dash is what I'm good at. I'll play Smash Bros and I'll be so rusty that it's not any more fun.

This is what I used to do. My true talent took over it. I want it back. This is what made me happy, and it was taken away by a truth about me: I suck at Smash, I'm amazing at Geometry Dash. I have so much nostalgia for Smash; it kind of makes me wanna cry when I look back. All the fun I had. All the friends I made. The name I made for myself. Gamecubeguy214: The Wifi PAC-MAN Main. That's what I was known for. Now I'm known for having 78% on Old Cataclysm on a mobile device. I'm known for a phone game. Smash Bros was what made my life complete. And the truth took it away from me.

For some reason, for much of my life, I've never really played video games, at least not until recently, but, if there are any old video games that I miss playing, they would mainly have to be much of my old PS2 game collection, especially Ratchet and Clank. I also miss playing Spore...

• Brohoof 2

5 minutes ago, gamecubeguy214 said:

This is going to be really long and emotional

Hide contents

Smash Bros was what made my life complete. And the truth took it away from me.

I read the whole thing. I know how you feel bro. Wanting the good ol' days of gaming back. I really wish I could sit and play a game like LoZ with my sister again but... those days are over. Now we barely do anything together. I also want true horror back. Silent Hill was THE game that scared me so bad that nightmares haunted me for weeks. I want to play a game like that again. 

2 minutes ago, Nightfall Gloam said:

For some reason, for much of my life, I've never really played video games, at least not until recently, but, if there are any old video games that I miss playing, they would mainly have to be much of my old PS2 game collection, especially Ratchet and Clank. I also miss playing Spore...

Spore was great! I never really played Ratchet and Clank though. I can see why you would miss it though because it is a classic. 

• Brohoof 2

I actually miss 6 games:

Spoiler

- The House of the Dead 3 (who had even the 2nd chapter included as a bonus)

- Halo

- Kung fu chaos

- Voodoo doll

- Blinx 2

- Spyro: a Hero's tale

If someone remember, there was a game, once, where the characters (a bunch of weirdos) had to partecipate to some kind of quiz show where they had to fight each other and... hypnotized chicken. For not speaking of the final battle with the devil !

Can someone remember it's name ?

• Brohoof 1

14 minutes ago, Krashface said:

I actually miss 6 games:

Reveal hidden contents

- The House of the Dead 3 (who had even the 2nd chapter included as a bonus)

- Halo

- Kung fu chaos

- Voodoo doll

- Blinx 2

- Spyro: a Hero's tale

If someone remember, there was a game, once, where the characters (a bunch of weirdos) had to partecipate to some kind of quiz show where they had to fight each other and... hypnotized chicken. For not speaking of the final battle with the devil !

Can someone remember it's name ?

Ayyyye Spyro is a great classic! So is halo! Halo will always be one of the best series in gaming to me. 

• Brohoof 1

One game I very much miss playing is Dynasty Warriors 4. This was the game that got me into the franchise and I remember loving it. I loved the huge roster of characters, the RPG elements, the gameplay, it all worked. While I think it may not have aged as well as I would want it to, I bet I could still play it and enjoy it enough. I have a copy in mint condition on PS2, I just don't own a PS2 currently. :c

Another game that I miss dearly, is Mario Kart 64. This has more emotional weight to it. While I loved this game when I was younger, the true fun of it didn't come until years later, when I actually had a friend who still loved playing it to this day. We would play it a lot on 150cc and the chaos would ensue. It was such a blast. The problem is that, well, he just doesn't come by anymore. He seems to be hanging out with a select few people these days and not really anyone else. I am not in that select group of people. I wish we could do that again.

I also miss the days of playing Team Fortress 2. Not the PC version that has had 6 trillion updates, but the long abandoned console version. Screw you Valve. It was one of the first real online experiences I had and it was such a good time. No progression system, no unlocks, just pure fun on a level that I had not yet seen. Wasn't even playing with friends or anything, just with randoms. It all worked though and I put so many hours into it. If the game was still supported on consoles to this day, I would still be playing it.

Another random classic? Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX for PS1. Hard to believe that Dave Mirra is no longer with us. I played the ever living hell out of this game back in the day. While the legit gameplay of it was fun, a thing I loved doing was bails. Jumping off the bike to see the physics engine do its thing and it was really cool for the time. It got doubly cool when you got the cheat for super bails, which cranked crashes up to 11. I had so many laughs doing these back then, and I bet I still could get a kick out of them today.

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

One game I very much miss playing is Dynasty Warriors 4. This was the game that got me into the franchise and I remember loving it. I loved the huge roster of characters, the RPG elements, the gameplay, it all worked. While I think it may not have aged as well as I would want it to, I bet I could still play it and enjoy it enough. I have a copy in mint condition on PS2, I just don't own a PS2 currently. :c

Another game that I miss dearly, is Mario Kart 64. This has more emotional weight to it. While I loved this game when I was younger, the true fun of it didn't come until years later, when I actually had a friend who still loved playing it to this day. We would play it a lot on 150cc and the chaos would ensue. It was such a blast. The problem is that, well, he just doesn't come by anymore. He seems to be hanging out with a select few people these days and not really anyone else. I am not in that select group of people. I wish we could do that again.

I also miss the days of playing Team Fortress 2. Not the PC version that has had 6 trillion updates, but the long abandoned console version. Screw you Valve. It was one of the first real online experiences I had and it was such a good time. No progression system, no unlocks, just pure fun on a level that I had not yet seen. Wasn't even playing with friends or anything, just with randoms. It all worked though and I put so many hours into it. If the game was still supported on consoles to this day, I would still be playing it.

Another random classic? Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX for PS1. Hard to believe that Dave Mirra is no longer with us. I played the ever living hell out of this game back in the day. While the legit gameplay of it was fun, a thing I loved doing was bails. Jumping off the bike to see the physics engine do its thing and it was really cool for the time. It got doubly cool when you got the cheat for super bails, which cranked crashes up to 11. I had so many laughs doing these back then, and I bet I still could get a kick out of them today.

Oh man, Mario Kart 64 has quite the interesting memories for me. I didn't play it as much as the other kids did but it was fun to watch other kids rage at each other. XD

1 minute ago, Gamer Pizza said:

I miss "Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom":(

I don't think I've ever owned that game but I heard of it when it first came out (wasn't into SB during that time). Then somehow GameGrumps got a hold of it and made a terrible video with it. XD 

There's quite a few games I wish I could go back in time for, considering I'm reduced to playing PC games and emulations my PC can run without bad FPS :/

- Fourth Gen Pokémon. I say Fourth Gen specifically because I absolutely loved the experience Sinnoh had while it lasted for me. Only played Gold version since, and I just didn't enjoy it nearly as much. If I offended people who grew up with it, sorry, but I just find it to be the worst of the main series games. That doesn't mean I think it's bad though, in fact it's actually a pretty amazing game that just had a few problems that made me not able to enjoy it as much as other games.

- Team Fortress 2, back before the End of the Line Update. The game was probably the most fun I'd ever had, and since End of the Line has only been cranking out updates that make it feel like a shadow of its former self. Well, that is kind of what it is at this point. The game used to be a game that I could sit for hours on end, and NEVER get bored of. I could always go to a different sort of lobby (played a lot of KOTH and Versus Ponyville) and have a fresh experience.

- Super Smash Bros. Melee/Wii U. I really missed playing the whole series, but I missed these two in particular because I found them to be such fun. Heck, I'm not half bad at playing either. I beat my brother, the second best Ike in San Antonio at the time, multiple times with my Yoshi. But Ike is pretty low tier and for good reason... Melee is the first game I ever completed 100%, and of course I have nostalgia for that. When I FINALLY unlocked Mr. Game and Watch, it felt so good that I finally unlocked everyone there was.

- Most every game I used to have. I have quite a bit of nostalgia for the simpler times, when I sat up at four in the morning beating Contact's final boss, when I sat in the car while me, my brother, and my parents drove halfway across the country, playing Kirby Superstar Ultra. When I tried to 100% Double Dash, and ultimately did... All of those experiences have been lost to time, and I wish I could have them back...

Edited by Nerdy Luigi
Slight change to make it sound better.
  • Brohoof 2

Loom, I really miss that game. I know I could probably us ScummVM or something, but I actually had the legit game on disk way back when. The original Alone in the Dark, Stunts, Road Rash, X - X3 (I have them on Steam but they are much better played with a joystick lol), Lost Vikings, Commander Keen, Jazz Jackrabbit, Tony Hawks (Pro Skater 2, Undergound 1 and 2 and American Wasteland) and uhm.. Gothic 1 (It's buggy as hell on Computers with operating systems newer than XP), One I haven't managed to finish as it's buggy on Steam but I want to get an original XboX so I can play through all of the original Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth.

• Brohoof 1

12 minutes ago, Nerdy Luigi said:

When I tried to 100% Double Dash, and ultimately did... All of those experiences have been lost to time, and I wish I could have them back...

Me too man. Me too. I guess it safe to say that this tread I created is more like a 'feels train' then anything else. 

*sitting at computer, begins to reminisce*

Spoiler

5a101d21a02d7_37751-Twisted_Metal_U-1.jpg.26dc14c4f0230d94218bc37965de71bf.jpg

437524-twisted-metal-playstation-screenshot-battle-on-the-rooftop.png.7e6b602ee4a42d02d764dd8e92cffee9.png

com.behnam.twismetal22.jpg.cc560a6c6769386627ca129dbf34717a.jpg

5a101d6f7c69a_37747-Twisted_Metal_2_U-1482928214.thumb.jpg.9cb041ca760da0f76f5504fa19d1db53.jpg

hqdefault.jpg.6ef41e7cda86796c50f43cd2d9120298.jpg

*smiles as the good times come flooding back*

Spoiler

4.png.9181003ecd915ffb7578f4f72cb912c6.png

15731.jpg.7ae28d12d9b547c214bf666c16c9e7d6.jpg

timesplitters-2-gcn-8.jpg.4c1e4a9e524cd4a85eed9e1a4bc20ae6.jpg

ts2ectsgc5-436245_640w.jpg.bd3774ceb024ea816a8902e961e2955a.jpg

*begins to realize how long those days have been gone*

Spoiler

CrueBall.jpg.9208bb743e36d1916864fb1e98403caa.jpg

crue-ball-05.png.b74e0a561e5bba7189df34a78e4d6b31.png

5a1020af00075_38159-Crue_Ball_-_Heavy_Metal_Pinball_(USA_Europe)-1459077359.jpg.57c897787342c8f3102695079d854854.jpg

5a1020bce3f2c_CrueBall-HeavyMetalPinball(2).jpg.a52a1717b20c2b8e327d23e54f000a75.jpg

*wipes away a tear as the realization settles in*

Spoiler

gfs_49891_2_11.jpg.4de8e8aba1d00284d9f932caa2e8f874.jpg

gfs_49891_2_94.jpg.68e47c8275731d0b13ac38d6bd138485.jpg

gfs_49891_2_22.jpg.8e164a0b6e51f905812eae0ba4fc70c5.jpg

ogrebattle-12.png.ae4e2507923d346c9c5a20096c21d97b.png

*tears begin flowing as memory makes way for longing*

Spoiler

unnamed.png.61fc145a6cb6e91465c1bdd0e44d67a0.png

5a1022ac1da82_ScreenShot2014-07-24at4_09_14PM.png.d2eb913147974c665e6801ac6f8c33b0.png

chrono23.jpg.2265f06c195dc034daed8829627324d5.jpg

chrono-trigger-sprites.thumb.png.d47bf6bd56495fb14c8ae2390739de44.png

*crying intensifies as the fact hits home*

Spoiler

final-fantasy-vi-advance-20070215044816259-000.jpg.5061ebbff0b635830a9c890263b296ad.jpg

gfs_14687_2_809.jpg.35645cebe041383e2c314001ce15e491.jpg

FFVICast.jpg.1b48fb0fee07c2280b35a3968d06a40d.jpg

final-fantasy-vi-wii-1301065574-002.jpg.b1ed4b4e109f11f272b7c504e0cec7c3.jpg

*those days being gone settle in*

Spoiler

284600-ZX.jpg.15f4a437dd73b19bcb9bdcb90171487f.jpg

wilycastle.jpg.ba49f7ad348b46987437c1dc1bb4ddf4.jpg

megaman2-59.png.0f779c0f1a91e54d69866d211de135e3.png

130509_ttbe_megaman2_featured.jpg.26b873c72a5dd1227f8f4b3185e92ba4.jpg

*hugging self with nostalgia*

Spoiler

tron_arcade_tron_arcade-cabinet.thumb.jpg.c9f89f0ae99e59b487d99128ed407e10.jpg

post-6530-1221002180.thumb.jpg.750fdef0a84b378722e2028c8cfde1b4.jpg

118124218431.png.4aa464804c4e1964cadcae3b364e26c2.png

1_YqIFFVrcPp0B4Ujz7OHwbg.thumb.jpeg.1cf5ea74877d1acc8ecb3a15848c9461.jpeg

*breaks down sobbing as the wall of memories falls apart*

Spoiler

1-d2e157dc516.jpg.8137376ae54e527ed4e61a6fc7d00fe4.jpg26139.jpg.7653f4efc121bbe3d47b1d1787b07d77.jpg424366-guitar-hero-ii-playstation-2-screenshot-your-multiplier-score.jpg.9a3de4b7d7c8176590f2c7826c30a49b.jpgcontra-20080930011606059-2581634_640w.jpg.bcf0eab797ab2419103870105815e909.jpggfs_2023_2_9.jpg.d439f1e44165d6d7f5d512bc8f2a5d9e.jpggoldeneye-n64.thumb.jpg.a4a7f5a83c3089bb740aa1a159c55c46.jpg5a102bded64df_hqdefault(1).jpg.d5878029b58f7eb5881aadae5070d49b.jpghqdefault.jpg.1aec54f96a3751e026558409953dcb9e.jpglarge.jpg.93de8314e327189c5c790204224d5d02.jpgLevelZero.0.thumb.gif.1ccf01a3cfe7d935e71ce0c3eab64be1.gifmaximum-carnage-dagger.jpg.3a51e30e44459f68204bc586f8da335b.jpgn64-5406-31328255701.jpg.f986f948e18e862b4f27c35fafdca1b3.jpgpulling_the_master_sword_by_usurperbobo-d5frdhg.jpg.4f78e76f11cc641902d6b27d2f3a665d.jpg

*cries far more than originally surmised*

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Randimaxis said:

*sitting at computer, begins to reminisce*

Reveal hidden contents

5a101d21a02d7_37751-Twisted_Metal_U-1.jpg.26dc14c4f0230d94218bc37965de71bf.jpg

437524-twisted-metal-playstation-screenshot-battle-on-the-rooftop.png.7e6b602ee4a42d02d764dd8e92cffee9.png

com.behnam.twismetal22.jpg.cc560a6c6769386627ca129dbf34717a.jpg

5a101d6f7c69a_37747-Twisted_Metal_2_U-1482928214.thumb.jpg.9cb041ca760da0f76f5504fa19d1db53.jpg

hqdefault.jpg.6ef41e7cda86796c50f43cd2d9120298.jpg

*smiles as the good times come flooding back*

Reveal hidden contents

4.png.9181003ecd915ffb7578f4f72cb912c6.png

15731.jpg.7ae28d12d9b547c214bf666c16c9e7d6.jpg

timesplitters-2-gcn-8.jpg.4c1e4a9e524cd4a85eed9e1a4bc20ae6.jpg

ts2ectsgc5-436245_640w.jpg.bd3774ceb024ea816a8902e961e2955a.jpg

*begins to realize how long those days have been gone*

Reveal hidden contents

CrueBall.jpg.9208bb743e36d1916864fb1e98403caa.jpg

crue-ball-05.png.b74e0a561e5bba7189df34a78e4d6b31.png

5a1020af00075_38159-Crue_Ball_-_Heavy_Metal_Pinball_(USA_Europe)-1459077359.jpg.57c897787342c8f3102695079d854854.jpg

5a1020bce3f2c_CrueBall-HeavyMetalPinball(2).jpg.a52a1717b20c2b8e327d23e54f000a75.jpg

*wipes away a tear as the realization settles in*

Reveal hidden contents

gfs_49891_2_11.jpg.4de8e8aba1d00284d9f932caa2e8f874.jpg

gfs_49891_2_94.jpg.68e47c8275731d0b13ac38d6bd138485.jpg

gfs_49891_2_22.jpg.8e164a0b6e51f905812eae0ba4fc70c5.jpg

ogrebattle-12.png.ae4e2507923d346c9c5a20096c21d97b.png

*tears begin flowing as memory makes way for longing*

Reveal hidden contents

unnamed.png.61fc145a6cb6e91465c1bdd0e44d67a0.png

5a1022ac1da82_ScreenShot2014-07-24at4_09_14PM.png.d2eb913147974c665e6801ac6f8c33b0.png

chrono23.jpg.2265f06c195dc034daed8829627324d5.jpg

chrono-trigger-sprites.thumb.png.d47bf6bd56495fb14c8ae2390739de44.png

*crying intensifies as the fact hits home*

Reveal hidden contents

final-fantasy-vi-advance-20070215044816259-000.jpg.5061ebbff0b635830a9c890263b296ad.jpg

gfs_14687_2_809.jpg.35645cebe041383e2c314001ce15e491.jpg

FFVICast.jpg.1b48fb0fee07c2280b35a3968d06a40d.jpg

final-fantasy-vi-wii-1301065574-002.jpg.b1ed4b4e109f11f272b7c504e0cec7c3.jpg

*those days being gone settle in*

Reveal hidden contents

284600-ZX.jpg.15f4a437dd73b19bcb9bdcb90171487f.jpg

wilycastle.jpg.ba49f7ad348b46987437c1dc1bb4ddf4.jpg

megaman2-59.png.0f779c0f1a91e54d69866d211de135e3.png

130509_ttbe_megaman2_featured.jpg.26b873c72a5dd1227f8f4b3185e92ba4.jpg

*hugging self with nostalgia*

Reveal hidden contents

tron_arcade_tron_arcade-cabinet.thumb.jpg.c9f89f0ae99e59b487d99128ed407e10.jpg

post-6530-1221002180.thumb.jpg.750fdef0a84b378722e2028c8cfde1b4.jpg

118124218431.png.4aa464804c4e1964cadcae3b364e26c2.png

1_YqIFFVrcPp0B4Ujz7OHwbg.thumb.jpeg.1cf5ea74877d1acc8ecb3a15848c9461.jpeg

*breaks down sobbing as the wall of memories falls apart*

Reveal hidden contents

1-d2e157dc516.jpg.8137376ae54e527ed4e61a6fc7d00fe4.jpg26139.jpg.7653f4efc121bbe3d47b1d1787b07d77.jpg424366-guitar-hero-ii-playstation-2-screenshot-your-multiplier-score.jpg.9a3de4b7d7c8176590f2c7826c30a49b.jpgcontra-20080930011606059-2581634_640w.jpg.bcf0eab797ab2419103870105815e909.jpggfs_2023_2_9.jpg.d439f1e44165d6d7f5d512bc8f2a5d9e.jpggoldeneye-n64.thumb.jpg.a4a7f5a83c3089bb740aa1a159c55c46.jpg5a102bded64df_hqdefault(1).jpg.d5878029b58f7eb5881aadae5070d49b.jpghqdefault.jpg.1aec54f96a3751e026558409953dcb9e.jpglarge.jpg.93de8314e327189c5c790204224d5d02.jpgLevelZero.0.thumb.gif.1ccf01a3cfe7d935e71ce0c3eab64be1.gifmaximum-carnage-dagger.jpg.3a51e30e44459f68204bc586f8da335b.jpgn64-5406-31328255701.jpg.f986f948e18e862b4f27c35fafdca1b3.jpgpulling_the_master_sword_by_usurperbobo-d5frdhg.jpg.4f78e76f11cc641902d6b27d2f3a665d.jpg

*cries far more than originally surmised*

Sorry for causing tears... :( 

• Brohoof 1

Some of them I recently got back into play after several years... but not all of them. Yesterday I visited this store that was a pawn shop but only for video games... my God the stuff they collected. Mostly retro video game and a whole wall of fully functional consoles and controllers that are probably older than me. I mainly searched through the video games and found half of my childhood because of it...

here are some games from my childhood I miss greatly.

Star Wars Battlefront Classic

World of Warcraft Pre-Cataclysm (thankfully Blizzard is working on bringing that back)

Starskey and Hutch the game

Super Mario Sunshine

Luigi's Mansion

Seek and Destroy

Super Smash Bros: Melee

Mario Party 1-8 (The best series of couch games that will make you hate your friends)

Mario Kart 64 and Double Dash

Paper Mario 2: The Thousand Year Door

Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis

The GameCube in general (I still have my very first GameCube controller I got when I was 5, sitting on my dresser, covered in dust, with no GameCube to play with)

And this is only just scratching the surface. I've owned more games as a kid then I ever did as an adult.

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, PuddingPonyPal said:

Sweet! Gonna get it for christmas? 

A little bit before my birthday,  I got it in lay away for now and paying it!  First game I plan to buy is Zelda!

• Brohoof 1

Lots of them:

Spoiler

• Need For Speed Underground 2
  • The Simpsons Hit and Run (think of it like a Simpsons version of GTA)
  • Mario Kart 64
  • Jet Set Radio Future
  • Halo 3
  • GTA: San Andreas
  • True Crime: New York City
  • True Crime: Streets of LA
  • SimCity 3000
  • The Sims 3
  • Oregon Trail II
  • Need For Speed: High Stakes
  • Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2
  • Need For Speed: Most Wanted
  • Sid Meier's Civilization IV

8 minutes ago, Twisted Cyclone said:

Lots of them:

Reveal hidden contents

• Need For Speed Underground 2
  • The Simpsons Hit and Run (think of it like a Simpsons version of GTA)
  • Mario Kart 64
  • Jet Set Radio Future
  • Halo 3
  • GTA: San Andreas
  • True Crime: New York City
  • True Crime: Streets of LA
  • SimCity 3000
  • The Sims 3
  • Oregon Trail II
  • Need For Speed: High Stakes
  • Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2
  • Need For Speed: Most Wanted
  • Sid Meier's Civilization IV

Dude! Oregon Trail 2 was my jam! 

• Brohoof 1

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum - This was the time when everyone got together to battle. It was just that intense now that everyone had DSs and everyone had either Diamond, Pearl or Platinum. 

Super Smash Bros Melee - This was the game that really got me into the fighting game series. Super Smash Bros Melee was a game I'd see in just about every public gaming venue and everyone would be crowded around the TV to play it. The hype was real. 

Sly Cooper Series: Even though I only played and owned the first of the Sly Cooper series, it was unforgettable. I loved all the moves Sly could do and all of the story cutscenes. The cutscenes were the best in this game because they really showed the story of Sly and the Cooper family. 

Crash Bandicoot - I never owned Crash Bandicoot, but I absolutely loved the games. They were just so nostalgic and oh, the death animations were absolutely hilarious

Humongous Entertainment Series Games - Didn't see that one coming right? These games were my ultimate jewels of childhood. I'd spend hours and hours trying to beat these games, and even what I babysat my cousins, I walked them through Putt Putt Enters the Race and man...how fun it was to interact with them and beat the game in one sitting. The Pajama Sam series was also noteworthy even though I only played and owned #2. I did own Backyard Baseball and boy, that was a really fun game.

Lego Racers - Yes...the gem of all games of my childhood...I'd literally spend hours trying to beat all the circuits and could never beat Veronica Voltage and her time challenges. Gypsy Moth was an absolute pain in the butt...like she'd go for all lego powerups, mostly red, green and blue. And don't forget Captain Redbeard with his love for canonballs...you try and him after he gets one and BOOM! He nails you with a canonball and the words of Sunset Shimmer in EQG 1 echo in your mind "Sorry it had to be this way!". Oh and joys and rage I had when I played that game...especially with freaking Basil the Batlord...what a pain that was...his love of green and reds and getting the warp...jeez...

Microsoft Play The Puzzle Collection - This...right here ladies and gentlemen...was what I started out with as a child when I was on my family desktop computer with Windows 98. Even though I was only good at 3 of the puzzle games, I still had a lot of fun playing them...and oh...especially jewel chase...easiest game for me to master....

Team Fortress 2 - I still have this game loaded up on my steam, but I just don't have the time to play it anymore...I mained Sniper and boy...I'd clean house with him. I started out with scout and then went to Demoman, but Sniper was the one for me. 

• Brohoof 1

• 10 months later...

This one game that came in a cereal box back in the 90's.  It was the old cap'n crunch game where you do these little games to help grow their monster.  I remember always being stuck on the skateboard game.  It was a very short game but I really liked it, I was pretty sad I couldn't play it anymore.  I kinda miss it sometimes, for some strange reason.