Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you dare Rainbow Dash to eat meat?

Bendy

You made me research this. Alright, so horses can eat meat. They both have the teeth and the digestive system to do so. But, in the long-run, it isn't good for a horse to eat meat, since it is a herbivore. 

An example of a famous horse being fed raw meat was the horse owned by Alexander The Great, Bucephalus.

Final answer to your question is a no from me. I wouldn't dare RD to eat something that would harm her in the long run. 

• Brohoof 2

Not sure why you ask this in a family friendly show. But i may aswell play along. Horses i think can eat meet, deers eat birds but they don't need to eat it. They are herbivores. Meaning they can live on eating green, unlike carnivores or omnivores where its more required to consume it for vitamins needed in order for your body to function.

If you want to see the disturbing illustration, google "deer eats bird" or "horse eats chicken" you have been warned though. As for it, no. I don't see a reason too. I don't even think they kill animals in MLP world to eat, their world is too perfect and you'd likely be locked up in a dungeon since i can imagine it being against the rules in that world.

Or i found a video explaining it. But its not recommended if you don't wanna think of ponies/horses as meat eaters. But it explains it very well, if the information is accurate i don't know but it doesn't seem unlikely to be untrue. I'll put it in spoilers and you can see if you wish. But generally speaking herbivores eats green all the time, period.

Edited by RoseFlower
added information
  • Brohoof 1

(No offense, but whenever I see these topics I can tell you are the one who made them before I even have to look :P)

Um, no. I'm pretty sure ponies wouldn't like it that much. Even if it is true horses can, it has been shown that they don't, as they replace it with other things. Even Rainbow wouldn't like it. 

Edited by Foxy Socks
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't dare her to do anything. I'd simply sit down in front of her with a hot, delicious Quarter Pounder with Cheese, eat it slowly and rapturously, and let nature take it's own course. I wouldn't say a word. :wau:

Equines are herbivores. They’re not biologically designed to eat meat.

Might as well feed a cow beef.

So while its tempting on my end to feed Rainbow Dash meat out of spite for her, I won’t because I don’t see the logical reason to do so in the first place. She’s an arrogant POS with a heart of gold, so not worthy to be fed meat.

I may hate her, but I ain’t THAT cruel. :lol:

Pony Rainbow Dash, no. I mean, predators exist even in their world so I hardly think the notion of anyone eating meat is going to shock her, but horses are herbivores. Maybe they could get away with eating meat but it probably wouldn't be very tasty for them. In any case I don't think it's much of a dare.

EQG Rainbow Dash...I don't see the point. Just because we haven't seen them eating meat doesn't mean they don't eat it at all. Even if she is a vegetarian in EQG it stll wouldn't be different to daring a vegetarian in our world to eat meat. They might simply not like it.

Bottom line, in either case I'd say no because it's just not much of a dare.

• 1 month later...

I'll play Discord's Advocate here! 

I for one, see absolutely no reason at all why it would be "Dark" or mean in the least! 

It's definately a thing in their world, after all. Dragons we can rule out, but just LOOK at the Griffons & Diamond Dogs! Heck, Cave Trolls are cannon in Equestria! And I'm quite certain, that if a Goat can eat literal metal then I'm sure a pony can snack on meat! Sure, she would be right in being suspicious as to just WHERE I got meat from... but Yeah, I'd totally dare her!

Not anymore fatal then half the things Dash already does anyway. Like hanging out with Pinkie Pie for one.

I mean ponies including the graceful Rarity have no qualms eating eggs, which are basically the pre-formed fetuses of chickens:

So really I don’t see a huge fuss here. If our livestock and game was sentient like they are in Equestria, then yes it’d be a different story. At worst, this would be a rather small cultural clash and misunderstanding like eating dog meat. Controversial, but not exactly a crime.

These aren't normal equines you are talking about. Those are alien intelligent equines who are just as likely to be omnivores just like us. Of course I dare her to eat meat.

• 2 months later...

No, we have seen that meat giving animals in the show are sentient and the idea o eating another species with the cognitive ability of a person, let alone dare somebody else... Just no