Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv A Bad Ending Or No Ending: Which Is Worse?

Denim&Venöm

Worse Way To End A Movie Or Series?  

31 users have voted

1. 1. Bad Ending Or No Ending?

• Bad Ending
    • No Ending

Using Star Wars as a perfect example, fans waited for decades to see what happened to the characters of the original trilogy. What we finally ended up getting was total sh*t. So, as desperate as many fans (including myself) were, it would have been far better to have had no ending at all than to have the abominable Disney sequels leave a poisoned taste in the mouth. I used to think there was nothing worse than a great story left unfinished, but that opinion has sadly changed.

• Brohoof 1

I'd say no ending is better. Then you can fill in whatever you want. Of course nothing has a real ending these days. They just continue everything ten years later with no regard for what came before.

On 2022-05-14 at 2:39 AM, Dreambiscuit said:

Using Star Wars as a perfect example, fans waited for decades to see what happened to the characters of the original trilogy. What we finally ended up getting was total sh*t. So, as desperate as many fans (including myself) were, it would have been far better to have had no ending at all than to have the abominable Disney sequels leave a poisoned taste in the mouth. I used to think there was nothing worse than a great story left unfinished, but that opinion has sadly changed.

People that read the books knew what happened and were perfectly happy with it but the people who own things and the idiots they hire to write them rarely give a damn about canon or what the story actually is.

• Brohoof 1

On 2022-05-14 at 3:39 AM, Dreambiscuit said:

Worse? There was good post-OT content… until Disney swept it under the rug to make room for their hatefiction.