Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

TEMPEST IS A VERY OLD MLP CHARACTER

Steve Piranha

You won't believe this guys, but Tempest is a very old pony in the franchise. She debuted in G3, but said original version is a toyline exclusive as well, known as Fizzy Pop in both cases, which is similar to Tempest's real name: "Fizzlepop Berrytwist" . Not to mention sharing similar color scheme

G3 Fizzy Pop

4c011a05267669a4d84c66e3e8032182.jpg

G4 Fizzy Pop

FizzyPopFIMpv_300_L_collec-jcg.jpg

blindbag_1_fizzypop.jpg

Tempest for comparison

maxresdefault.jpg

• Brohoof 23

'This meant to imply reincarnation is possible in the MLP universe? 

I wouldn't say Tempest is 'old' based on the Fizzy Pop suggestion. 13 years (wasn't that when G3 Fizzy Pop was first issued?), like it or not, isn't that long a period of time. On the same grounds, we should be creating threads about Applejack being a 'very old' MLP character.

Edited by Them's Seeing Ponies
  • Brohoof 1

21 minutes ago, Them's Seeing Ponies said:

'This meant to imply reincarnation is possible in the MLP universe? 

I wouldn't say Tempest is 'old' based on the Fizzy Pop suggestion. 13 years (wasn't that when G3 Fizzy Pop was first issued?), like it or not, isn't that long a period of time. On the same grounds, we should be creating threads about Applejack being a 'very old' MLP character.

The main difference with AJ and Tempest, is that the former is common knowledge, while not many of us know that Tempest is based on an older pony, much less one released earlier this same generation 

• Brohoof 2

On 11/21/2017 at 1:26 AM, Steve Piranha said:

maxresdefault.jpg

She has about as many sexy facial expressions as Chris Jericho's submission holds...

On 11/21/2017 at 1:31 AM, Grand Admiral Thrawn said:

> Runs

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 3

11 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

You won't believe this guys, but Tempest is a very old pony in the franchise. She debuted in G3, but said original version is a toyline exclusive as well, known as Fizzy Pop in both cases, which is similar to Tempest's real name: "Fizzlepop Berrytwist" . Not to mention sharing similar color scheme

G3 Fizzy Pop

4c011a05267669a4d84c66e3e8032182.jpg

G4 Fizzy Pop

FizzyPopFIMpv_300_L_collec-jcg.jpg

blindbag_1_fizzypop.jpg

Tempest for comparison

maxresdefault.jpg

I SO prefer Tempest's current design to that Pinkie Pie recolor. O_o

• Brohoof 3

Maybe they done it unintended..I mean there's like billion of ponies out there, that was thought to be original but ended up already been made anyways. 

Like Starswirl The Bearded....

StarSwirlFIM_600_L_collec-jcg.jpg4128630.jpg

• Brohoof 1

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
25 minutes ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

How can g3 Fizz be a recolor if she came first?

I was referring to the toy exclusive G4 Fizzypop. It's basically Pinkie Pie with a new color scheme and cutie mark.

On 11/20/2017 at 11:26 PM, Steve Piranha said:

blindbag_1_fizzypop.jpg

13 hours ago, R.D.Dash said:

I don't know sounds like a completely different character 

Generation 4 is filled with repurposed characters from older generations. For example, Bon Bon in Tales was a chef who wanted to be a model while in Friendship is Magic she's a secret agent who hunts monsters (or something like that).

They probably just took the base design of an older pony model and remade her to fit in the context of the Friendship is Magic universe. 

• 3 weeks later...

Lal :love: , now that’s what I call trivia :wacko: . Only old-timers woulda known :P .

Its cute :P . Call her “fizzy”, also her horn fizzes like soda :ooh: . Maybe that’s why that’s her name :P .

• Brohoof 1