Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Can MLP griffons have the head of any bird, or only the head of an eagle?

pteraptor

Can MLP griffons have the head of any bird, or only the head of an eagle?  

8 users have voted

1. 1. Can MLP griffons have the head of any bird, or only the head of an eagle?

• yes
    • no

From my understanding a MLP griffon can have the head of any bird and the body of any cat. IIRC, there was one griffon with the head of an owl. :)

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, PathfinderCS said:

From my understanding a MLP griffon can have the head of any bird and the body of any cat. IIRC, there was one griffon with the head of an owl. :)

There is a poll, please vote in it

6 minutes ago, ShootingStar159 said:

I’m not really sure, but now I really want to see a pink flamingo griffon.

That would be awesome.

I have to wonder how if possible, griffons receive different birds as bases. How do their genetics tie into this? Do all griffons resemble birds of prey, or do different populations have different species or types of bird as bases (for example, a wetland variety resembling flamingos as suggested above, or a rainforest-dwelling variety resembling birds of paradise?).

Hey, the MLP Movie art book featured various bird bases for the hippogriffs (which have way less bird-like final designs than the show's griffons do), so it can't be impossible.

Edited by Them's Seeing Ponies

if you watch the Griffinstone episode, there are different bird heads. Vultures and Owls are noticable, but I expect there may be a few parrots in it too. Not all of them are generic eagle looking birds of prey. 

Ive also seen a ton of OCs that are made of different birds. Magpies and Pigeons are popular.