Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask Chrysalium

Props Valroa

Alrighty Moondancer! As that's the name I'll always remember you by! Let's get to crackin' and take your time answering, I do love long stories! Paragraphs, even!

So for one: How come you change your name so often? Gets a might be confusing.

But more so, a bit of a discussion topic: Should Chrysalis be reformed, and why? I feel she's just too good at being legitimately evil to take that leap.

Oh, and a third question! What do you like about villainy? And do be specific! Maybe, you got a list of your favorite evil characters?

• Brohoof 1

@NightmareLuna800

French fries.

@Widdershins

Ah. I love being asked things.

I like changing my name very often because my mind often can't stick to one thing, whenever I change I will always want to change to become something better and so on. My mind doesn't like to move slow at all and I like speed and fast things in general. Hmm...what else...I have a hard time deciding what to choose and pick many times.

Chrysalis...to be reformed. Well I DON'T want her to be a lovebug like thorax is, or to be the new princess of love or whatever as that would be idiotic. I do want her to see some change within herself, at least not to the point where she is wanting to take over the world and such. I'm interested to see what she'd look like as reformed. Preferably something royal squeeze like but NOT the STUPID color pastel changeling colors. Not edgy enough. I don't consider comics canon. I also want to see her reformed because having the same old villain would be boring, we need new villains.

I like villainy because its a different perspective then the same old good guys and all, as thats boring and uninteresting. Villainy is an interesting thing, there are often multiple reasons to be a villain or something. Sometimes its relatable, sometimes it isn't. The...villains just look more awesome than the simple boring old ponies.

• Brohoof 1

Aye, and how about a list of your favorite characters? Your favorite villains?

...Lovebug? Oh, the multicolored mess deer things? Aye! So what's your stand on the new "changeling" designs? You think they can even still shapeshift?

How would  you define "Edgy?"

Favorite flavor?

• Brohoof 1

@Widdershins

All of the villains, plus twilight, starlight, trixie, sunset and the princesses.

They can still shapeshift, its done in the show. My stand is that the new ones SUCK.

Edgy is something thats bad but went evil or something. I honestly don't know how define.

Flavor for what? Fries...just...regular I guess.

Edited by Chrysalium
  • Brohoof 1

Oh, you know, Like Sweet, Sour, Salty, Savory like barbeque sauce... like what you prefer to eat usually! ...besides side orders of fries, lol!

What's your stance on Tirek? Kind of feel like he might be notably more reformable. He seemed to be the sort of lashing-out villainy that Starlight was like.

• Brohoof 1

@Widdershins

Hm. Probably salty or sweet or something.

As for Tirek. I think he could be reformed. I would like to see him get a reform like Discord did, sensible and drawn out. Though I think its only going to be one or the other. Both at the same time would be a little too much. Tirek is still awesome either way though. I'm fine with them not getting reformed but being reaccuring villains. Banishing them, killing them or something would be sad and I don't ever want to see that happen. Preferably reform them both, though Tirek gets sent back to Tartarus while Chrysalis is being reformed.

apologetic_lord_tirek_by_yaoilover113-d7

Edited by Chrysalium

@NightmareLuna800

Hm. Her villain self was amazing, though her backstory was weak. Her reformed self is...not that good but not horrible. At least its a shift from the same boring mane 6. I'd rather see her have a longer reformation lasting the season and her keeping her old mane style. I wish her cutie mark was different.

• Brohoof 1

@Chrysalium

Interesting, always nice hearing the opinions of others on MLP topics. Anyway, I get from what you said there that you think the Mane Six are getting dull. I guess that'll lead to my second question. Do you think there's anything they can do to be interesting again?

Edited by NightmareLuna800
  • Brohoof 1

@Chrysalium

For some reason I had the feeling you'd say that, lol. Anyway, alright, with all the villains in the MLP:FIM franchise, how would you rank them? I'll list all the ones I can currently remember, and you can add on if you remember any I don't.

(Nightmare Moon, Queen Chrysalis, Lord Tirek, Discord, King Sombra, Pony Of Shadows, Flim & Flam, Starlight Glimmer, Sunset Shimmer, Storm King, Tempest Shadow)

I think there's a couple I didn't add like, Nightmare Rarity, but she was only in the comics. So you can decide on if you want to include her and such.

Edited by NightmareLuna800
  • Brohoof 1

@NightmareLuna800

Lol.

Trixie, Queen Chrysalis, Nightmare Moon, Discord, Starlight, Sunset,  Lord Tirek, Tempest

Flim and flam arent ones in my view. Storm king...from what I heard he needed more characterization. Just seemed to be there to prop up mane 6. Pony of shadows wasn't good enough...he needed more screen time. 

Edited by Chrysalium

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Califorum said:

Serious questions please lol

Oh okay, well here's one that @GrimGrimoire asked me, but I'm stumped on how to answer it.

"OK think of a product, any product. Now, what would be the absolutely worst brand name you could think of for that product? Bonus points for an awful slogan to go with it."

(You want those bonus points; I know you do!)