Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

critique wanted Weird/interesting idea I have for a new OC (help wanted)

Jade The Pegasister

This may sound weird or strange at first but hear me out, :D I’ve been wanting to create a character based on the history and unique culture of Southern Louisiana and New Orleans, (as far as personality and such it would be a “princess and the frog” kind of concept in a way) my character would also be in the 1920’s/1930’s of New Orleans and will have a sweet and loving personality 

i need help with advice, design/artwork, voice, or any other comments you may have 

Edited by Jade The Pegasister
  • Brohoof 2

Alright, I kinda like this idea, but take note, this is coming from someone who's OCs have been used maybe once, barely more, but anyway, lets start, also, I'd personally say there should be a certain list for both male and female which I'll make below. (Personal suggestions in purple)

Female

Mark: Possibly a Fluer-de-lis? Maybe a music note? 1920's and 30's was a kickoff for New Orleans' Jazz scene. Maybe even a drink of some sort if they're a bartender!

Type: Likely an Earth Pony

Voice: (I tried finding an example, but couldn't seem to, I'll update if I find a good one) A Cajun Accent, otherwise known as Creole

Colors: Green, Purple, and Gold (New Orleans) for the mane, and a cream or beige mane coat

Name: Bayou Baroness, Southern Comfort, Cajun Crème (French due to the history)

Male

Mark: Maybe a trumpet or music note? Sort of depends on the special talent you want for them. Fluer-de-lis could also work. A drink of some sort could also work since that'd fit a 1920's Speakeasy.

Type: Likely Earth or Unicorn

Voice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D52-pHCMa4w Not necessarily the same tone, but I think you can hear the special drawl

Colors: Maybe a gold coat with a purple mane?

Name: (I can't really think of any good ones but a possible nickname for the bartender could be "Easy".)

I hope this helps a bit, message me if you have any specific questions or just reply I suppose.

• Brohoof 1

On 11/26/2017 at 5:47 PM, Twilight Karamel said:

Alright, I kinda like this idea, but take note, this is coming from someone who's OCs have been used maybe once, barely more, but anyway, lets start, also, I'd personally say there should be a certain list for both male and female which I'll make below. (Personal suggestions in purple)

Female

Mark: Possibly a Fluer-de-lis? Maybe a music note? 1920's and 30's was a kickoff for New Orleans' Jazz scene. Maybe even a drink of some sort if they're a bartender!

Voice: (I tried finding an example, but couldn't seem to, I'll update if I find a good one) A Cajun Accent, otherwise known as Creole

Colors: Green, Purple, and Gold (New Orleans) for the mane, and a cream or beige mane coat

Male

Mark: Maybe a trumpet or music note? Sort of depends on the special talent you want for them. Fluer-de-lis could also work. A drink of some sort could also work since that'd fit a 1920's Speakeasy.

Voice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D52-pHCMa4w Not necessarily the same tone, but I think you can hear the special drawl

Name: (I can't really think of any good ones but a possible nickname for the bartender could be "Easy".)

I hope this helps a bit, message me if you have any specific questions or just reply I suppose.

Thank you so much, I need an artist as well 

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Please restrain from going into detail on commissions and matters of the likes outside of their particular section and/or PMs. 

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/26/2017 at 5:47 PM, Twilight Karamel said:

Female

Male

Finally came up with something and an artist drew it! I just need help with character development 

E36086EB-95AA-4E9D-937D-34DB644F2FE9.png