Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Truth of the Past RP (with Maple Bat)

Will Guide

Link to OOC

@Maple Bat

Will Guide the Disney-Loving Unicorn straightened his glasses and vest as he checked himself over. His yellow hooves were in good shape and his brown mane and tail were clean. Nothing fancy.

He called upon the Magic Mirror from the world of Disney, specifically the one belonging to the Beast that fell in love with a beauty. But he didn't recreate it to look at himself. Oh wait, in a sense he did! His other half, to be exact. "Show me my soulmate." In the mirror, there appeared a beautiful half-pony, half-butterfly-like creature. His head, limbs, horn on head, and ears were bright red like the fur of Unicorn Will Guide with a faded yellow color where the neck and thorax meet. There were white gemstone-like spots on the neck. Finally his translucent wings and tail were a beautiful light blue while his outer and inner shell on his blue thorax were a darker shade of blue that matched the deep blue eyes he shares with U. Will. "Hello, my inner Changeling. Are you ready to go meet our friends?" Unicorn Will Guide said to Changeling Will Guide

"Yes, I am!" said C. Will Guide with  Oh the stories we're going to share with them! Especially since for half of the time, I was in a sleep-like coma within your body during that time. Heh. I wonder how they'll share them!"

Soon, the Wills made their way through the forest to the favorite spot of a chaotic friend. "Oh Woody, Maple." The Unicorn outside said. "Where are you guys?" Said the Changeling watching from both inside the mirror and through the eyes of his Unicorn host and soulmate. 

Edited by WiiGuy2014
Link to OOC
  • Brohoof 1

@WiiGuy2014

When the Wills arrived at the spot it took them a while to noticed someone, Hanging upside down from their tail on a nearby tree. A second later they saw a flash of light and heard a very faint *crack* behind them followed by laughter "There Almost 100 meters upside down... Blindfolded. Told you I could hit that shot." it was Maple bat, the younger Daughter of Fluttershy and Discord She had her bow with her as she usually did

The wills then spotted Woody, the self-titled Prince of chaos, sitting on the same branch above Maple. He moved his paws to look at the very distant target using Magic to turn his cupped paws into binoculars. "Well, I'm quite impressed Maple... I can't think of a more challenging shot that that one and that was really tough... Oh, there's the Wills." Woody said with a wave. "Sorry you two Maple and I got bored so we just kinda decided to make a challenging shot for her. I can't however... Anyways..." Woody flew down from the tree and landed on the ground

Edited by Maple Bat
  • Brohoof 1

U. Will ran over to Woody and gave him a big hug that a bear friend of the Draconequs' mother would be proud of. He knew his bat pony friend can still get a little uncomfortable around Changelings like the one sharing his body, but nevertheless gave her some applause for her shot.

"Great shot, Maple. You seem to be improving every time I come here." U. Will said to the Bat Pony.

"Hi Woody. Got some love for your Changeling friend for old times' sake?"  C. Will said from inside the Magic Mirror floating near the Unicorn.

• Brohoof 1

Woody was startled by the hug "Hey! It has been a while huh... Yea doesn't worry I do have some..." Woody held out his paw as he was offering it.

Maple got down from the tree branch "So uh... why was it you called me and Woody out here again. " She looked at the target she'd hit and sighed "It's so hard to find a shot that's still a challenge... You 2 got any ideas?" Maple asked the wills.

• Brohoof 1

@Maple Bat 

U. Will spoke to the Chaos Siblings. "I might have told you this before in the past. I, the Unicorn you see before you originally came from another world. In my Homeworld, the lives of your parents as well as many of the amazing inhabitants of Equestria and beyond, appear before my world as moving pictures in a box called television. Watching the Ponies and such live their lives have taught my world's people many things about Friendship and other Life Lessons. 

"More specifically, almost everyday when these "episodes" happened, they were always something worth watching and possibly learn something from. Not just the lives of your parents, Fluttershy and Discord, but the lives of her friends too. Heck I even lived through some of those episodes in the past before you two were born.

"Why am I here is that I want to share how the lives of your folks played out watching them from my world. Surely your parents must have told you some of milestones in their lives before your births, didn't they? And I would like to see how they measure up to how I saw them from my world. Even the "episodes" that happened before I first came to Equestria shortly before the Summer Sun Celebration where your father's 1000-year-delayed Plundervines nearly killed the Tree of Harmony.

"Sorry if I sound a little crazy, but I'm genuinely curious to see how your parents told some of their milestones. What do you say?"

• Brohoof 1

Woody took the new information well " A second view of the awesome stories dad told me? Plus other views of how Mom was!" Woody was practically bouncing with happiness, he then stopped and his tail folded and he sat on it as if he was sitting on a tree branch. "Please! Do tell."

Maple, however, had a look of horror. " Wait so you're saying that... They record mom's adventures? And all of you humans watched it... Like did they stop? If so when? Now that you mention it actually... I feel like everything I'm saying is being written down... It's not comfortable..." Maple kept looking around suspiciously worried that someone was watching her constantly now.

• Brohoof 2

@Maple Bat

U. Will made a calm down gesture with his hoof toward Maple. "Don't worry, Maple. Right now, My memories of these "episodes" only go up to when Starswirl the Bearded and the Pillars were rescued from Limbo and the Pony of Shadows was defeated. Any "episodes" that may have happened AFTER that have not yet been told to my people. I'm sure the writing and viewings stop long before you two were born."

U. Will looks around. "Maple, do you still have that Magic Mirror and Apple that helps you switch between your natural bat pony form and a Pegasus? And Woody, how are your abilities to open portals between different parts of Equestria? Because I was thinking we could travel around Equestria to where these episodes happened and I can tell you how it looked to me back home. Even in a time BEFORE I first came here to Equestria. What do you say, guys?"

• Brohoof 1

"Yea Maple you can relax that was like 4 years before I was born. And you where born nearly a year after so don't worry no one's watching us Maple." Woody reassured Maple "Portals are child's play for the prince of chaos!" He chuckled

Maple slung her bow over her shoulder "Right... As for me... I still do have those things." Maple willed forth the Magic mirror and it spawned she looked at it and became a pegasus  That means we'll be in populated areas... Ugh... I hate still being inside big crowds despite not being a bat... Oh well it'll be worth it." Maple laughes. "I bet some of them are tourist hotspots like really popular ones!" She laughs.

@Maple Bat

"Great" U. Will said. "My big question is do you want me to start from the day Twilight Sparkle first come to Ponyville where she met your mother and the people of my world started watching? Or would you like me start chronologically with the backstories that happened before Twilight and Fluttershy's first meeting? I could save those backstories for when they were revealed and told during "the show's run". And your father doesn't really enter the story until after Twilight's first Grand Galloping Gala with her friends."

C. Will, looking from inside the mirror, was gently soaking up the love Woody offered earlier when he added, "If I may, I could mimic some of the ponies involved with these events. Plus I might have a story or two to share that may not involved your parents, but someone else's parents."

"Start chronologically" The siblings said in unison Woody was still sitting on his tail but Maple came a bit less prepared She elected to fly up to the tee line and hang from her tail again as she refused to sit on the ground. Her long mane moved down as she flipped over and caught the branch with her tail. "There we are. Much better. Go on I do wanna hear about this."

"One thing. It doesn't both me or Maple that you know more about mom than we do. I mean you've been around her... How long again?" Woody asked raising a paw while asking. The Wills noticed the gray streak in his hair had grown a bit and was longer than the black of his mane the gray was in front of his eye a bit but it seemed to not bother him.

@Maple Bat

U. Will answered Woody's question. "I've personally known your mother face to face since shortly before the first Summer Sun Celebration After Twilight's coronation as Princess. I believe that was also the day your father's Plunderseeds finally reached the Tree of Harmony and nearly killed it. But we'll get to that later. Since you want me to talk about your parents chronologically, why don't I start with your Father's first imprisonment since it was long before your mother was born and one of the earliest chronological flashbacks me and my people saw?"

Edited by WiiGuy2014

When Will talked about Discord's imprisonment Woody tensed up visibly moving his legs closer to his body not only that but his pupils shrank " Let's... Uhh... N... not, please. I hate to be a killjoy but..."

Maple stopped him "Woody's had several nightmares about suffering the same fate as our father. He does like to talk about it... as you could imagine." Maple sounded genuine and judging by the way Woody looked it was clear he wasn't lying about this. Maple put a hoof around Woody which caused him to release some tension but he still looked rather nervous about it. Maple looked at Will "If you could start when mom was a foal."

U. Will blushed. "Sorry Maple and especially to you, Woody. However, I really don't have any flashbacks of your mother's birth. I do however know about the day Rainbow Dash defended her from some bullies and it led to her and her friends getting their Cutie Marks. Why don't we start there and I let you tell me how did she tell you the story first?"

Maple moved Woody to the ground and they both sat there. "Don't worry it's alright you had no idea. But yes that seems like a good place... Don't you agree bro?" Maple spoke softly and calmly to Woody giving her the feeling of almost her being like her mother who looked at her and nodded quietly "Alright will. Go on ahead. " She finished with a smile to Will.

@Maple Bat

"If you don't mind, I would like to hear how did she tell you two the story first before I tell you how it looked to me back in my world. Surely, she must have told you two about such an important day in Equestrian history!" U. Will pleaded with his big blue eyes.

"Oh sure I don't mind!" Maple said to him "Mom told us about how she fell from Cloudsdale.She actually landed here. Which is why Woody likes this spot. From the story we could tell after she landed she was carried a ways by butterflies before she started to help animals scared by a huge BOOM. After which she earned her cutie mark. We both knew she didn't go back to Cloudsdale since she had a fear of flying." Maple booped Woody's snout "Go on. Add something."

Woody was, Needless to say, upset by the boop "She didn't know why all the animals she helped freaked out all she knows is that she heard a boom. Or at least she didn't remember when she told us. She also said that the animals where really responsive to her at the time it was a very happy time for her. What did your people see?" Woody booped Maple with his tail laughing quietly to himself

"The way it looked from my world, Fluttershy was telling the story to the Cutie Mark Crusaders. She said..." (At this point, C. Will switched out to quote Fluttershy in appearance and voice ) "I wouldn't have gotten my Cutie Mark if it weren't for Rainbow Dash" U. Will continued narrating from inside the mirror. "As a little filly at Cloudsdale's Summer Flight Camp, she was a weak flyer and was bullied for it.C. Will switched appearance to a young and gangly looking Fluttershy.

"But then a young Rainbow Dash showed up to defend her honor from said bullies by challenging them to a race. But as soon as Fluttershy waved the starting flag, the racers zoomed right passed her so fast, causing her to lose her balance and falling to the ground below. After a flock of butterflies caught her, she was so amazed by the so many wonders she found on the ground that she started to sing. C. Will sang the song in young Fluttershy's voice

"After the boom scared off the animals, her kindness and ability to communicate with them on a different level helped coax them out of hiding, leading her Cutie Mark to appear. At the episode's end, when Rainbow Dash told her own Cutie Mark story to the CMC, Fluttershy and her friends, that was when we learned that the animal-scaring boom was from Rainbow Dash's first Sonic Rainboom. This meant that not only was Rainbow Dash racing to defend your mother's honor part of her "never would have gotten my Cutie Mark if it weren't for Dash", but Dash's Rainboom also led to her and her friends' Cutie Marks as well!

"Well, what do you think of all that? Especially your young mother's singing?" The Wills finished, telling this chapter.

"Well if you wanna know what I think... It's a bit..." Woody searched for the proper word to use. "Convenient, isn't it? For our mother and all of her friends to have earned the cutie mark off of the same rainboom... Granted that does draw them closer as friends. Also, Like mother like daughter huh Maple?"

Maple tilted her head and them connected it, She'd been bullied at school too for being a bat-pony " Huh... Guess you're right. I mean it played out diffrently but that entire thing with Me running away did lead to me earning my Cutiemark. So yea, Like mother like Daughter." Maple was chuckling "I mean there wasn't a rainboom but still the same concept. It seems that story was about the same as what we were told."

• Brohoof 1

@Maple Bat

U. Will smiled. "Well, glad you enjoyed that story and the similarities between you and your mother getting your Mark is nice.

"Well, after that, not much of your Fillyhood was shown. Did your mother ever told you how she first met Twilight Sparkle in Ponyville on the day of the Summer Sun Celebration and Nightmare Moon's return? I recommend we first head to the spot where they first met before we can share the story? Maple, I also recommend switching to Pegasus form with my gift before we go, okay?"

"Oh! I agree we'll head to ponyville right away. Then we can go to The castle of the two sisters and Maple can show you where she lived for a year. It's quaint there and quite nice!" Woody hummed a tune. It had the feeling of something far away but felt homely. A portal opened as he stopped his singing "Hehe, I've still got it."

Maple summoned the mirror but she didn't want to look at it... " Actually will, perhaps I could go and see if people are still scared of my bat side. I'm hoping that they're not scared..." She had a nervous look on her face and after a second changed into her Pegasus form, She had named this form Maple Wing since the last name Bat didn't exactly work with a pegasus " Who am I kidding... No pony is going to not be scared. Let's just go."

• Brohoof 1

Soon, Will started walking with the Siblings to where Fluttershy first met Twilight and Spike all those years. "Once we get there," Will said to the Siblings, "You can tell me how your mother told you the story of first meeting Twilight and Spike. I'd say up until they first reach the old Golden Oak Library where a Friendless Twilight rudely left Fluttershy out, saying Spike needed his sleep."

Edited by WiiGuy2014

The siblings thought about it for a while and Maple chuckled "Mom didn't remember Twilight's actions that much, she mostly remembered her conversation with Spike and how happy she was to meet a baby dragon. When she told us about spike I went to meet him myself. Needless to say, we became friends."

Woody chuckled too "Well going to see him after Mom talked so much about that experience. She mentioned a few important things she said that had spike not been around her probably wouldn't have joined with Twilight and if someone else was able to take up the element of Kindness She would've never met Dad. It's a good example of how everything in the works out well. About her spill with Spike, none of it really stood out enough to mention." Woody shrugged and started humming something.

• 3 weeks later...

U. Will smiled. "Well from my world, when I first saw your mother through Twilight's first meeting with her, I noticed how quiet she was. Until Spike showed up, in which case, she opened up like a flower in spring. You know, out of Fluttershy and her friends (which the people of my world refer to as the Mane 6) I'm most like Fluttershy after Twilight: Shy talking to people, but will open up once something of great interest is brought up.

"When Spike told his story to Fluttershy, all we got was 'I started out as a green and purple egg' only to cut to sunset some time later with him asking Fluttershy if she wanted to know how his day as been today." Will chuckled. "Seeing how it's been well over 20 years, I wonder where Spike is now. Apparently in this time period, I'd lost my Spike Sense ability that would normally allow me to experience whatever he is experiencing. I'll bet he's a naturally grown dragon who still keeps in touch with Twilight and his friends, even if he has likely gotten too big for the town, am I right?"

"Well, I haven't gotten to her part in helping our Mane 6 get through the Everfree Forest to find the Elements of Harmony yet, but what do you two think of my first impression of seeing your mother from home? And if you can, could you give some idea where Spike is now? Sometimes, I see him like a son and just want to make sure he's doing okay."

Maple smiled at the mention of Spike "Big? No, no. He still lives here He's only slightly shorter than Dad is. You can usually find him at Rarity's boutique. The guy Loves Rarity... He just can't seem to drop the question... They haven't even started dating. Me and Woody tried to help but he never could bring himself to do it. But yea now you know about him. as for What you said about mom well, there's not a lot to react to there and none of it was new to us as well... Sorry if It's a bit mundane..." Maple walked beside Will placing her hoof on him she knew he'd been expecting something better but she didn't really have much to offer a reaction. " But hey! Let's head to the castle. I can show you the space I lived at in the castle. You'll love the little spot!" Maple said with a smile, Really showing her fangs with it.

Woody chuckled "Alright a simple portal comin' right up! Well actually" Woody laughed an pointed to Will "Did you want to head that way? Or stay here for a bit?"

@Maple Bat

"Oh, good, so Spike is doing great. Glad to hear that hasn't changed after all this time." U. Will said like a proud father. 

"Anyway, I would love to see where you lived at the castle, Maple." He said, gently taking Maple's hoof off him.

Edited by WiiGuy2014