Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning Fractured Futures: World Building OOC

GoldieS

@Techno Universal @Lektra Bolt @Denim&Venom

Sorry for delays! Exciting and busy last 24 hours (I do so love my job XD)

Okay okay, Discord, unless we get any input from the expert, I think that's more or less covered. We have a few avenues of approach that I can see right away. First, he's discord, he's seen a lot of things, and not much really bothers him unless his 'friends' are effected it would seem. I see him still hanging out with fluttershy and helping her out with whatever she's up to at any given moment, and of course bugging Twilight and her research on occasion. Don't want him to be effected by the plague, since I see him as a literal god, and I don't wan't him to be able to magically cure the plague either. Think of the magical adaptation of the plague to complex of an issue to handle with his methods. 

Alternatively, he could have just decided to do something on his own. Maybe make his own nation in all chaos, or just contribute to the chaos itself if we want him to go the evil rout. 

@Techno Universal

Let's put a limit on the cities mining capabilities. As we mentioned before, don't want it to go to any extreme. Let it be a gradual effort that takes time, years to accomplish. Despite their advancements, we'll say the mining and processing methods take time to complete. Otherwise you're going to have to turn your city from a tech paradise into an industrial nightmare to uphold the logistics of such a mining operations. Your call! I rather like the bleak smoggy look of an evil industrial city from time to time... that orange polluted sky constantly glowing from all the emissions... where it managed to shine in from the black smog. 

7 minutes ago, GoldieS said:

Okay okay, Discord, unless we get any input from the expert, I think that's more or less covered. We have a few avenues of approach that I can see right away. First, he's discord, he's seen a lot of things, and not much really bothers him unless his 'friends' are effected it would seem. I see him still hanging out with fluttershy and helping her out with whatever she's up to at any given moment, and of course bugging Twilight and her research on occasion. Don't want him to be effected by the plague, since I see him as a literal god, and I don't wan't him to be able to magically cure the plague either. Think of the magical adaptation of the plague to complex of an issue to handle with his methods. 

Alternatively, he could have just decided to do something on his own. Maybe make his own nation in all chaos, or just contribute to the chaos itself if we want him to go the evil rout. 

Perhaps the plague affected discord in it's own way. Where there was enough variety in Equestria to fuel Discords chaos, all the death and destruction have now left the nation stagnant. Perhaps he can no longer survive in Equestria, and must leave for greener pastures so to speak. 

Then again, we haven't decided upon how far future this is. Fluttershy could've died from the plague, severing any ties Discord had with Equestria, or Shy is long passed and Discord just moved on. 

• Brohoof 1

I think we concluded the main six maintain the same sort of 'temporal field' as Lektra, and all are very much alive. However, I kinda like the idea of Discord moving elsewhere. Not to say there wouldn't be chaos in Equestria any more though, if anything, there would be a whole heck of a lot more! Think about all the seperate city states, the fractured settlements scattered about fighting for survival against the plague, the Everfree forest, ON TOP of contending with each other. Like you said earlier, IT'S A MAD HOUSE!!

Though, maybe it's too much... prompting discord to leave to avoid overdosing on chaos so to speak? Chaos is okay when he's the one making it, different when it's natural... maybe, I think... just a thought...

Edited by GoldieS
  • Brohoof 1

17 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Fluttershy could've died from the plague, severing any ties Discord had with Equestria, or Shy is long passed and Discord just moved on. 

13 minutes ago, GoldieS said:

I think we concluded the main six maintain the same sort of 'temporal field' as Lektra, and all are very much alive.

Yes, this. Maintained and fine

2 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Yes, this. Maintained and fine

but this brings up a whole new set of issues. Twi I can understand, but I don't think the rest would stay in Lektra's city. Shy would want to be close to her animals. AJ ain't abandoning her farm. Dash wouldn't ditch Cloudsdale. I can only see Rarity staying to make do int he city and Pinkie trying to throw parties to distract everypony, including herself, from the misery outside. 

• Brohoof 1

The original town is still there though, just all the buildings are replaced. It's not like the farm is gone, though it's expanded from just apples and pears. You can't create food from nothing.

They have no reason to move away, except maybe Dash. What actually happened to the giant floating cloud city?

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

Well, we never actually discussed where they were in all this. They don't necessarily have to be in the city. It's possible they could be out and about doing their own thing, much like twilight is trying to find cures and work on magitek, while the other princesses are trying to bring the city states and settlements back together. It wouldn't be too terribly dangerous outside and around the city, since the two major settlements (Ponyville and Canterlot) were both absorbed and secured from infected. Besides that, it's quite a ways from any of the other major infected locals. Granted, there'd be smaller groups roaming the forests, plus the dangers of the forest itself. 

I can definitely see AJ running a settlement that spawned from her families farm outside the city. RD's a fighter, that's a given, so she's likely at that point in some sort of leadership position in an independent paramilitary company, trying to reclaim places like cloudsdale and what not. Pinkie and Rar are likely still in the city. Perhaps Flutters is 'lost' deep in the everfree bonding with all the monstrous animals that call the place home and are resistant to the plague. Of course they're a danger to the average pony... but you know, fluttershy's fluttershy. 

Thoughts? Not by any means the conclusion on this, just one out of many possibilities. Always open to other alternatives!

@Lektra Bolt

Duknow about cloudsdale specifically, but I'd love to explore the idea of a crashed floating city...

• Brohoof 1

The farm is covered and protected by the shield, and would probably be the primary food source. Sweet Apple Acres just had to expand to grow everything including apples and pears.

Temporal Field badges though need maintenance every few years and they're not by any means indestructible. If any wander too far out that they can't be found, they might age and die. Based on your suggestion Gold, Flutters has a low chance of still being alive :(

• Brohoof 1

Hmm... perhaps they get together every now and again as a sort of reunion? Plus, still haven't fully decided where discord is in all this... who knows? Maybe he gave her immortality with his chaos magic... who's to say he didn't give it to all the main six before he bounced? You know, as a gift for what they've done for him?

Ah, but all just many possibilities of course. 

Edited by GoldieS
  • Brohoof 1

oh! oh! Okay, I got it... this could possibly be a goal of one of the RPs... to discover where they all went? Some are easier to find than others, they have things they want to do before they come back to the fold, that sort of thing... 

Well, I don't know who this @Randimaxis fellow is, but I offer the greatest Chaos Army for them to command! If they aren't satiated with the ultimate chaos army, I don't know what tribute could possibly summon them!

Image result for pinkie clone

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, GoldieS said:

@Techno Universal @Lektra Bolt @Denim&Venom

@Techno Universal

Let's put a limit on the cities mining capabilities. As we mentioned before, don't want it to go to any extreme. Let it be a gradual effort that takes time, years to accomplish. Despite their advancements, we'll say the mining and processing methods take time to complete. Otherwise you're going to have to turn your city from a tech paradise into an industrial nightmare to uphold the logistics of such a mining operations. Your call! I rather like the bleak smoggy look of an evil industrial city from time to time... that orange polluted sky constantly glowing from all the emissions... where it managed to shine in from the black smog. 

Yeah like I figured out that in Troneon they would be using and experimenting with digital magic technology. It's literally a form of magic that is the lifeblood to the technology in Troneon. So the drilling machines would actually be running off high capacity digital magic batteries and they would get charged up at the city. On the surface the city would be  nothing but massive skyscrapers that would range from 200 meters to the tallest building that's 1200 meters in height. However all the factories and digital magic generation equipment would be under the city in the massive basement cavern that the city was built on top of. So really the city would be extremely clean as they would be using generation methods that do not have any emissions at all. Though the machines would be drilling no faster than walking speed and they would be drilling for days at a time non stop before returning to the city to remain there for a few days to prepare for the next voyage. Plus there wouldn't be many machines out in the field at one time as at most there would be only like 12 machines out in the field mining while the entire fleet of them would be only around 20 giant mining machines. There's not really that many of them because of the extremely high amount of resources they require to build and how they take up to a month to get built. Also the machines would often travel very far from the city but they must be careful not to end up wondering off into the wrong area so they don't end up getting destroyed by the changelings or another threat. Plus probably survivors would target the machines when the machines are traveling on the surface outside the city to their chosen mining area. :) 

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, Techno Universal said:

xperimenting with digital magic technology. It's literally a form of magic that is the lifeblood to the technology in Troneon. So the drilling machines would actually be running off high capacity digital magic batteries and they would get charged up at the city.

NO. N O. I am against this. You have a technology based city, you use unclean electrical generators like technology uses in modern times. I have a magic based city, never the two shall mix.

@GoldieS please tell him he can't mix magic with electrical?

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

NO. N O. I am against this. You have a technology based city, you use unclean electrical generators like technology uses in modern times. I have a magic based city, never the two shall mix.

@GoldieS please tell him he can't mix magic with electrical?

Yeah I really just had the idea that they would be experimenting and researching into using magic for their electrical. Though maybe they are just using geothermal energy generation for their power so they would have pipelines that run all the way down towards the bottom of the planet's crust and the heat from down there would instantly boil water for their generators. :)  

• Brohoof 2

7 minutes ago, Techno Universal said:

Yeah I really just had the idea that they would be experimenting and researching into using magic for their electrical. Though maybe they are just using geothermal energy generation for their power so they would have pipelines that run all the way down towards the bottom of the planet's crust and the heat from down there would instantly boil water for their generators. :)  

I am ok with this as as long as our GM is, but no magic :)

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

@Lektra Bolt @Techno Universal

Well, in this particular universe, as we develop our cities, I want us to give ourselves flaws. For example, while we haven't explicitly discussed it, some things I considered for the magical flaws was it's relative unpredictability. Magic is something difficult to measure traditionally in fantasy, thus the basis for having it essentially being the cause for the plague mutation. The mixing of tech and magic caused the horrible virus as we see it in the era our RP is set in. 

So let's look at the tech city. I know you want it to be something advanced and perfect, but we still need it to have flaws. So... let's consider how a battery works (in a laymen's sense). Rapidly charged ions, and their movement producing the electricity. Well, add magic to that and you cause them to enter an unnaturally hyperactive state, the energy itself essentially radiating outward and leaking at alarming rates. Not only would this state essentially melt the batteries... but it would also cause some severe envirnmental contamination via radiation. If the whole city operated on it, well, the atmosphere might turn a little green... think glowing sea from fallout 4. 

Geothermal seems like a reasonable compromise, though do remember, processing all that ore for materials mined is still going to cause a lot of pollution. 

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, GoldieS said:

@Lektra Bolt @Techno Universal

Well, in this particular universe, as we develop our cities, I want us to give ourselves flaws. For example, while we haven't explicitly discussed it, some things I considered for the magical flaws was it's relative unpredictability. Magic is something difficult to measure traditionally in fantasy, thus the basis for having it essentially being the cause for the plague mutation. The mixing of tech and magic caused the horrible virus as we see it in the era our RP is set in. 

So let's look at the tech city. I know you want it to be something advanced and perfect, but we still need it to have flaws. So... let's consider how a battery works (in a laymen's sense). Rapidly charged ions, and their movement producing the electricity. Well, add magic to that and you cause them to enter an unnaturally hyperactive state, the energy itself essentially radiating outward and leaking at alarming rates. Not only would this state essentially melt the batteries... but it would also cause some severe envirnmental contamination via radiation. If the whole city operated on it, well, the atmosphere might turn a little green... think glowing sea from fallout 4. 

Geothermal seems like a reasonable compromise, though do remember, processing all that ore for materials mined is still going to cause a lot of pollution. 

Yeah like from the amount of energy they are getting from the geothermal plants they might be simply pumping all the polluting gases through underground pipelines all the way to the underground magma chambers of an active volcano somewhere. So it would basically making the already highly polluted volcanic areas even worse. Though the batteries in the drilling machines would be high density LI-ION batteries but because they are high density if the batteries are damaged in any way it would cause them to let off an extremely powerful explosive charge. So it would be like a small nuclear bomb in a way when they blow up plus the batteries would could be triggered to explode with magic exposure, physical imact or corrosive chemicals that melt through the exterior layers on them. So in the machines the batteries would be highly shielded but the shielding would only protect the batteries from external attacks but it wouldn't suppress an explosion from them. :) 

• Brohoof 1

@Techno Universal

I can definitely support that sort of flaw XD

Speaking of your city, I was wondering about its inhabitants. Are they entirely mechanized, or are there any organic citizens? Also, what's the cities relationship with the outside world, or are they entirely secluded from everyone else?

1 hour ago, GoldieS said:

@Techno Universal

I can definitely support that sort of flaw XD

Speaking of your city, I was wondering about its inhabitants. Are they entirely mechanized, or are there any organic citizens? Also, what's the cities relationship with the outside world, or are they entirely secluded from everyone else?

48 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Also is your character in charge Techno? How is the government?

Well really Techno would be in charge of everything in the city as he would be making sure everything was running to his standards. So Techno would be appear to be a normal pony but he would be completely robotic under his skin but his head would be biological still as he still has his magical abilities but he's got to be careful with them. Now his power source would be small hydrogen reactors like the ones that power the terminator. So Techno would have to keep himself highly protected as he's literally a walking nuke in a way because of the reactors that power him. Though most of the city's population would be all robotic ponies and machines but still there would be a lot of normal biological ponies that populate the city as they would be also making sure everything is running smoothly for Techno and they would be doing research and technology development work. Now they would be secluded from the rest of the world as they basically have everything they need to live in the city with machines that go out to mine and run food production for them. Like food in the city would be genetically grown in the factories under the city so they would be directly growing meat instead of raising animals. To be honest artificial meat growth is something that's already under development by us on earth right now! :)

• Brohoof 1

@Techno Universal

He he, lol, in other words, the meal of the day is something like meat paste #13 with a side of nutrient extract alpha? Sounds delicious... 

So, for government type, do we assume its a Technocratic regime? Like, basically, cold hard logic is the ideology. What improves efficiency is what gets green lit, so to speak. 

9 minutes ago, GoldieS said:

@Techno Universal

He he, lol, in other words, the meal of the day is something like meat paste #13 with a side of nutrient extract alpha? Sounds delicious... 

So, for government type, do we assume its a Technocratic regime? Like, basically, cold hard logic is the ideology. What improves efficiency is what gets green lit, so to speak. 

Yeah basically but still the citizens would know about the dangers of the outside world so they would want to be happy in the city under Techno's regulations. Plus with the machines everything would be running of cold hard logic like what you mentioned though the biological citizens would have a lot of rights and power to as they would be running a ton of the programs and research for Techno! :)

• Brohoof 1

Sounds very similar to New Everfree actually. Efficiency and logic but one is magic technology based and the other one is electrical technology based, though we'll also be doing other things different

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Lektra Bolt said:

?

Discord, eh?  Hmmmmmm...

Well, there are a number of possibilities available for the Lord of Chaos, depending on how he decides to go when things take that bad turn.

One possibility is that he's taken to the idea of whatever kind of Internet/Transmission technology is available, and so he's decided to LITERALLY become the Ghost In The Machine.  He's effectively turned himself into what the cyborgs refer to as a 'Virus', and he makes himself useful by taking over small units and facilities, then utilizing those resources to wreak havoc, even if only for a moment.  Then, he transmits himself to the next target.

Another thought is that Ol' Discy is a prisoner of the cyborgs - but the nanites can't infect him, due to his chaotic nature as opposed to their 'nature' towards order.  Therefore, he could currently be held in some sort of cell or stasis, being forced to stay out of the way while the nanites do their thing.  

Mayhaps he's been hiding at Fluttershy's old home, acting as a secret freedom fighter for the cause, yet making his appearances as a pony, to remain incognito.  Due to his mannerisms, the guise wouldn't fool the Mane 6... but anyone who hasn't met Discord wouldn't think twice.

Or, Celestia help you all, he HAS been infected, and now acts as a direct bodyguard for whatever the source of the nanites' power is.  He'd make one heckuva deterrent, and it would be HELL trying to get past a Draconequus with a cold and logical mind, would it not?

These ideas sound feasible?

• Brohoof 2

8 minutes ago, Randimaxis said:

Discord, eh?  Hmmmmmm...

Well, there are a number of possibilities available for the Lord of Chaos, depending on how he decides to go when things take that bad turn.

One possibility is that he's taken to the idea of whatever kind of Internet/Transmission technology is available, and so he's decided to LITERALLY become the Ghost In The Machine.  He's effectively turned himself into what the cyborgs refer to as a 'Virus', and he makes himself useful by taking over small units and facilities, then utilizing those resources to wreak havoc, even if only for a moment.  Then, he transmits himself to the next target.

Another thought is that Ol' Discy is a prisoner of the cyborgs - but the nanites can't infect him, due to his chaotic nature as opposed to their 'nature' towards order.  Therefore, he could currently be held in some sort of cell or stasis, being forced to stay out of the way while the nanites do their thing.  

Mayhaps he's been hiding at Fluttershy's old home, acting as a secret freedom fighter for the cause, yet making his appearances as a pony, to remain incognito.  Due to his mannerisms, the guise wouldn't fool the Mane 6... but anyone who hasn't met Discord wouldn't think twice.

Or, Celestia help you all, he HAS been infected, and now acts as a direct bodyguard for whatever the source of the nanites' power is.  He'd make one heckuva deterrent, and it would be HELL trying to get past a Draconequus with a cold and logical mind, would it not?

These ideas sound feasible?

Thanks Rand! :)

As I know you're way too busy to take part, and with the last idea being so freaking scary I personally can't even imagine this happening, the only viable option is he's captured and in stasis :okiedokieloki:

• Brohoof 1