Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Worst physical injury in your life

SoberStarlight

27 minutes ago, SoberStarlight said:

Eeesh. I'm actually right about due to get my wisdom teeth taken out. Would you say that most of the pain that you felt was from your corrective surgery or your wisdom teeth surgery? I'm actually really freaked out about it haha. Any pointers that you got for me?

People always told me that getting my wisdom teeth pulled out would be the worse thing ever, but it turned out to be pretty tame honestly. Mom took me to the dentist, I got put on the goofy gas, they took my teeth out and I went home.

Next thing I knew I was waking up hours later on the couch wondering what was in my mouth and why it tasted delicious. My mom had taken some wet tea bags and stuck them in the back of my mouth. Turns out the tannic acid in the tea helps control the bleeding. And dang it just felt really good.

After that you just need to make sure you use the little water squirter they’re going to give you and regularly clean the gunk out of the holes in your mouth, especially after you eat. After a while they’ll heal up and you won’t even notice a difference.

To be fair, my wisdom teeth were coming in straight, and I’ve heard that makes the whole process easier. But seriously, other than some dull soreness, barely any pain at all.

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

People always told me that getting my wisdom teeth pulled out would be the worse thing ever, but it turned out to be pretty tame honestly. Mom took me to the dentist, I got put on the goofy gas, they took my teeth out and I went home.

Next thing I knew I was waking up hours later on the couch wondering what was in my mouth and why it tasted delicious. My mom had taken some wet tea bags and stuck them in the back of my mouth. Turns out the tannic acid in the tea helps control the bleeding. And dang it just felt really good.

After that you just need to make sure you use the little water squirter they’re going to give you and regularly clean the gunk out of the holes in your mouth, especially after you eat.

To be fair, my wisdom teeth were coming in straight, and I’ve heard that makes the whole process easier. But seriously, other than some dull soreness, barely any pain at all.

I can't really speak from experience, but I guess you were lucky! My dad told me that getting his wisdom teeth taken out was the one time in his life where he actually cried from pain, and that's really saying something. My dad was an athlete, who got his fair share of injuries, and he is tough in general, so this scares me! Although, he did tell me that he refused to take his painkillers... 

Regardless, I guess I'll just have to get it done... I'll be sure to have my friend film the aftermath and my reaction and throw it up on my YouTube channel!

2 minutes ago, SoberStarlight said:

I can't really speak from experience, but I guess you were lucky! My dad told me that getting his wisdom teeth taken out was the one time in his life where he actually cried from pain, and that's really saying something. My dad was an athlete, who got his fair share of injuries, and he is tough in general, so this scares me! Although, he did tell me that he refused to take his painkillers... 

Regardless, I guess I'll just have to get it done... I'll be sure to have my friend film the aftermath and my reaction and throw it up on my YouTube channel!

Seriously, tell whoever is going to be watching you while you’re high as a kite to do the teabag thing. It really felt great. But yeah, also use the painkillers. Seriously, I have no idea why your dad wouldn’t want them.

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

Seriously, tell whoever is going to be watching you while you’re high as a kite to do the teabag thing. It really felt great. But yeah, also use the painkillers. Seriously, I have no idea why your dad wouldn’t want them.

Will do. Yeah I guess it was just a him trying to be tough like some guys want to seem haha. There's nothing tough about willfully experiencing tremendous amounts of pain.

Thanks for the pointers friend!

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, SoberStarlight said:

Will do. Yeah I guess it was just a him trying to be tough like some guys want to seem haha. There's nothing tough about willfully experiencing tremendous amounts of pain.

Thanks for the pointers friend!

Sure thing hon!

• Brohoof 1

It's barely anything because I don't really do anything so it's hard to get injured but one time I tripped on my backpack and hit my knee on a corner of my bed and it hurt quite a bit for about a month. But I got up and laughed about it and walked through the pain to do what I got up for.

I know this answer isn't nearly as bad as many of the things in this thread but it's the worst that's happened to me so far.

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, meme said:

It's barely anything because I don't really do anything so it's hard to get injured but one time I tripped on my backpack and hit my knee on a corner of my bed and it hurt quite a bit for about a month. But I got up and laughed about it and walked through the pain to do what I got up for.

I know this answer isn't nearly as bad as many of the things in this thread but it's the worst that's happened to me so far.

Ahaha I feel you on that one. My bed has like this beam thing that hangs out and I must've banged my shin on that little shit 100 times, even when I am trying not to haha... 

• Brohoof 1

OOOO I forgot what would visually be the worst! My cousin had an Xbox 360 controller charger cable and hit me on the head with the big end of it. I wish I could've seen what I looked like, blood pouring from my head. Unfortunately I didn't look into any mirrors.

The cable looked something like this:

Spoiler

Image result for xbox 360 controller charger wire

Edit: And how could I forget that I was laughing at first until I touched my head and saw blood on my hand? As soon as I saw that I started crying and ran to my aunt lol

Edit2: My uncle made fun of me for years for something I said after running downstairs. Made me angry every time. Also, I got blood on the only sweater I ever owned (as far as I know) so that was ruined. It was supposed to be blue, but there were quite a few spots that weren't anymore. I just stayed in the kitchen while my aunt cleaned my head with paper towels lol. Lucky there wasn't anything more serious.

Edited by meme
  • Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, meme said:

OOOO I forgot what would visually be the worst! My cousin had an Xbox 360 controller charger cable and hit me on the head with the big end of it. I wish I could've seen what I looked like, blood pouring from my head. Unfortunately I didn't look into any mirrors.

The cable looked something like this:

Reveal hidden contents

Image result for xbox 360 controller charger wire

Edit: And how could I forget that I was laughing at first until I touched my head and saw blood on my hand? As soon as I saw that I started crying and ran to my aunt lol

Haha yeah I have those moments too where I laugh until I realize that I am seriously hurt!

One time, I was playing football with my friends, and I had this dope ass interception. My friend, obviously upset, tackled me hard and knocked me on my wrist. It bent backwards, and then my other friend jumped on us, and my arm got pushed back more! We were laughing because for a good 5 minutes, until I got up and walked to my mom to tell her that I can't feel my wrist. Turns out, it was broken...

• Brohoof 1

Just now, SoberStarlight said:

Haha yeah I have those moments too where I laugh until I realize that I am seriously hurt!

One time, I was playing football with my friends, and I had this dope ass interception. My friend, obviously upset, tackled me hard and knocked me on my wrist. It bent backwards, and then my other friend jumped on us, and my arm got pushed back more! We were laughing because for a good 5 minutes, until I got up and walked to my mom to tell her that I can't feel my wrist. Turns out, it was broken...

Not being able to feel something is the weirdest thing. It's there, it's part of your body, and you used to be able to feel it and move it, but suddenly you can't.

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, meme said:

Not being able to feel something is the weirdest thing. It's there, it's part of your body, and you used to be able to feel it and move it, but suddenly you can't.

Agreed. It's actually a cool thing that our body does. It goes into shock, and adrenaline rushes through our body, giving us strength to keep going in times of crisis.

• Brohoof 1

I got into a fight years ago and had my right wrist complelety shattered. I wore a arm rest/cast for a couple months, hurt most the time. Later found the bone wasnt going back correctly and had to get surgery.

7 hours ago, SoberStarlight said:

Eeesh. I'm actually right about due to get my wisdom teeth taken out. Would you say that most of the pain that you felt was from your corrective surgery or your wisdom teeth surgery? I'm actually really freaked out about it haha. Any pointers that you got for me?

Well I wish I could help you lol, but they actually sewed up the pockets where my wisdom teeth were because I wouldn’t be able to change out gauze and stuff like that. My mouth had to be rubber banded shut pretty much 24/7 because the bones had to heal properly. 

My sister had hers taken out like 4-5 years ago. Just follow the directions they give you such as no smoking, no straws and stay away from solid food until they say you’re good to go. I wish I had more for you! Unfortunately that’s really all the advice I have. :(

• Brohoof 1

49 minutes ago, iceestarz said:

Well I wish I could help you lol, but they actually sewed up the pockets where my wisdom teeth were because I wouldn’t be able to change out gauze and stuff like that. My mouth had to be rubber banded shut pretty much 24/7 because the bones had to heal properly. 

My sister had hers taken out like 4-5 years ago. Just follow the directions they give you such as no smoking, no straws and stay away from solid food until they say you’re good to go. I wish I had more for you! Unfortunately that’s really all the advice I have. :(

Anything is appreciated! Thanks!

The worst injury in my life happened years ago and it was a bit of a weird one. I'm not EXACTLY sure how it happened, but my father was doing some building work in my bedroom, I think that he was attaching the curtain rail back into the wall (it came off the night before. He asked me to help me out for a second and I did. I'm not exactly positive what happened, but I accidentally spilled some sort of chemical that he was using on my arm. He told me to go and wash my hands, but because I was a stupid young kid at the time, I did not. I thought nothing of it at the time and I simply continued going about my day.

I wake up next morning, and my left wrist is a sore-red color and itch considerably. I still don't know what the chemical that led to it happening, so I didn't do anything about it. As the days progress, the problem got considerably worse and it started to become very uncomfortable. My mother gets me prescribed for a type of medication that supposedly should have helped.

It did not.

In fact, it made the problem far larger. I have no idea why, but it led to the sore batch on my wrist expanding. swelling and ballooning in size, leading to massive discomfort. Keep in mind that I was at school around this time, and so writing hurt massively. This problem progressed for about 4 months, and in this time my wrist grew to almost double it's original size.

Eventually, we managed to locate what the problem was (I'm still not actually sure what it was), and a doctor was able to prescribe the CORRECT medication for the issue. And, after about another two weeks, I was finally able to rid myself of that horrifying growth. I still shudder to think about it. Without sounding crass, it looked like a bright red/pink, pus filled balloon, and NOT the type that Pinkie likes to play with.

• Brohoof 1

Entire left half of a body crushed and severe bleeding after falling 50ft to the solid ground while drunk, nearly died (if only I did..).

Left abdomen turned into dust, left skull fracture, intoxicated organs, 2/3 blood lost instantly uum... NO, I should be dead.. It was a perfect opportunity and I didn't even plan on attempting suicide yet that day.

Edited by ILikeNightmares
  • Brohoof 1

Oh well, if surgery counts, then I could talk about the series of 1-hour-long operations I went through at the dentist, about a year back.

I called it a dental overhaul because it was essentially repair/replacement work on pretty much my entire dentition. I got more fillings than I care to keep count of, several root canals and crowns.

It was terrible to have your jaw be numb for hours afterwards, and then begin to pound like a fucker. There's also that time when I had a swallowing reflex and he drilled the base of my tongue, so he had to stitch it up and I spent a couple weeks with something that felt like a pimple in my mouth.

Edited by Feather Spiral
  • Brohoof 1

• 5 weeks later...

When I was around 6, I was playing in my school's playground, and there were some swings close to me, then one of the kids decided to suddenly jump off the swing flew right towards me and hit me right were the eyebrow is, I had to go to the hospital and get stitches, I now have a small and barely noticeable scar there, so I'm missing part of my eyebrow :P!

Luckily, I've had few physical injuries in my lifetime. But I did bleed profusely from one of my fingers after being bit by a rat... That may or may not have been a house pet from a very shady pet store.

My brother on the other hand...

• 1 year later...

I once got bit by a cat and had to get stitches in my thumb afterward. That hurt quite a bit.

The one I most recently remember is walking down steep, stone stairs and falling on the left joint of my right ankle. Because I'm overweight, it shattered pretty badly. A chip of the joint broke off and the other side looked like the side of the bone was halfway sliced off according to an X-Ray.