Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Too doubtful to create?

Sunrose Petal

Hey guys, I'm fairly new to the forums (but a fan since 2011) and I really like writing reviews (for movies and such) and I really want to start reviewing the show but I'm feeling really doubtful about even starting when there are so many others out there who are either better or have already said exactly what my thoughts were so I'm thinking what's the point? I'm working on revamping my website to post more (even some of my movies reviews I think are kinda lame and not that well structured as others I've read myself) I'm sure every creator has gone through this with their content at one point or another and I know you're not going to please everyone with your opinion and should just throw it out into the void and see what happens but I'm still really nervous (I tend to overthink alot) and seeking some advice or reassurance...:rarity:

Edited by Br0wnEyedQueen

The thing about opinions is that everypony has one!

I wouldn't let your fear that somepony might not agree stop you from doing what you enjoy!

You're not hurting anypony, and it's quite likely that you'll have some really good points to make!

So what if somepony else has already said them before? You can say them in your own way, spin them differently, or add new pieces to them that just might make sense to somepony who read a similar article and didn't quite get it.

The great thing about opinions is that usually there is some genuine basis to them, and if they open their eyes and ears and actually drink in what others have to offer, even if the disagree, they can see things in a whole new light and put it into consideration. :toldya:

4 minutes ago, Wishlily said:

The thing about opinions is that everypony has one!

I wouldn't let your fear that somepony might not agree stop you from doing what you enjoy!

You're not hurting anypony, and it's quite likely that you'll have some really good points to make!

So what if somepony else has already said them before? You can say them in your own way, spin them differently, or add new pieces to them that just might make sense to somepony who read a similar article and didn't quite get it.

The great thing about opinions is that usually there is some genuine basis to them, and if they open their eyes and ears and actually drink in what others have to offer, even if the disagree, they can see things in a whole new light and put it into consideration. :toldya:

But what if it's too vague or short? I've watched a lot of reviewers on youtube who are some of my favorites and they'll go on about some episodes that I didn't have thought about or they'll bring notice or see a lot of depth in something that I didn't even acknowledge but I guess analyze skills are something you have to acquire...ugh sorry, I just need to get out of my own head I guess haha and just not care too much 

Just share what you have!

I'm sure you notice things that they haven't, and not every episode is going to stand out to one person!

We all have our own favorites for varying reasons! There is always something you can contribute, remember that! ♥

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, ShadOBabe said:

You’ll always have a slightly different perspective than EVERYONE around you.

Pretty much this, and it's always a good thing when a new perspective is presented. :)

• Brohoof 1

Every analyst or reviewer thinks differently and there's no barrier to how short or long, simple or detailed your work can be. Let your critical brain flow and find your own flair and style. It may take a little time, but them more you do it, the more consistent you'll become. They say you become an expert at something after dedicating 10,000 hours of practice to it, so go out there and unleash your analysis and critique to the world! :muffins:

• Brohoof 1