Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season 9 the last season. Yes or no.

heavens-champion

I think it would be for the best. I hope a new generation can continue from where Lauren left off. Starting in the 2020's, a new MLP can continue to push the boundaries of how people perceive this franchise and what it represents. FiM is a fine show but I would prefer to have a grand finale than a slow sputtering stop.

• Brohoof 5

I think Hasbro will keep around as long as it's making money. Just anytime a Voice Actor retires, the character they voice is replaced by another. Until the Show starts bringing Hasbro's profits to a negative, I doubt they'll end it. It's the same with the Warriors book series by Erin Hunter. As long as it's making money, it'll stay around even if it starts to get idiotic. That's just how the world works.

• Brohoof 3

It's far too early to make an accurate judgement at this point, but I'm with Sparklefan1234 on this one. Ten seasons seems like an appropriate number to finish on, but, who knows. The show could end as early as Season 8 or it could go on until something like Season 13. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. However, no matter whenever it does decide to finally end, I'd like to believe that we can all agree that it's been one hell of a ride.:grin:

• Brohoof 4

1 hour ago, StrawCherry said:

I don't want Friendship Is Magic to end at all, I'm so attached to the characters. :( 

Well, I'm already done with Twilight, AJ, Rarity and Dashie (that's more than half of the Mane Six) after 7 years of them anyways. Only characters left for me now for the rest of the show until the end are Pinkie, Flutters, and Starlight.

I'm pretty sure they'll make it to 10 seasons, considered FiM's current marketing momentum (which is still going pretty strong). Asides from Perfect Pear, I wouldn't say the show has had a stellar episode in a while, but considering that season 7 was at least a decent improvement over season 6, I'm definitely open to future seasons as long as they don't overuse the villain reformations and give new elements of the show the respect they deserve (such as giving a few appearances to the Pillars in season 8).

Edited by Them's Seeing Ponies
  • Brohoof 2

I think Hasbro will never end the show. First of all, the 4th generation of MLP is a goldmine for Hasbro, beacuse the toys and merch is bought by children and even us, the Bronies. 5th generation (well, if they end 4th gen, they willl create 5th gen in result)) would be risky move, because there is a posibility that we will not accept it, resulting in a decrease of the brand. Another thing is the universe - mostly a new generation means new characters, new places, etc. so it could be end of the whole 4th generation content. That would be a right in the heart of many of us. 

Still, i am positive to the future of MLP:FiM. There was a lot of great episodes in season 7, such as Marks and Recreation, Perfect Pear, Fame and Misfortune - episodes that still have very interesting and didactic content. As long as the episodes have stable and great level, i am ok with it. Only that one condition :).    

• Brohoof 2

5 hours ago, The Silver Cheese said:

I think Hasbro will never end the show. First of all, the 4th generation of MLP is a goldmine for Hasbro, beacuse the toys and merch is bought by children and even us, the Bronies. 5th generation (well, if they end 4th gen, they willl create 5th gen in result)) would be risky move, because there is a posibility that we will not accept it, resulting in a decrease of the brand. Another thing is the universe - mostly a new generation means new characters, new places, etc. so it could be end of the whole 4th generation content. That would be a right in the heart of many of us. 

Still, i am positive to the future of MLP:FiM. There was a lot of great episodes in season 7, such as Marks and Recreation, Perfect Pear, Fame and Misfortune - episodes that still have very interesting and didactic content. As long as the episodes have stable and great level, i am ok with it. Only that one condition :).    

That's why I'm not really wanting a G5 anytime at the moment. Mainly because the G4 characters are rising to iconic status.  Especially Pinkie Pie of all ponies.  Her joyful attiude, party-ish attitude, and 4th wall breaking, Looney-tunish mind set has set in with a number of fans.  I wouldn't be surprised if Pinkie Pie's iconic status rivals that of Mickey Mouse.

The only thing I can see coming after FiM ends is a reboot of some sort.  Like a 11-minute mini series that focuses on the same cast, but in a variety of scenarios that have never been thought of.  Or a complete reboot of the series that is darker and more adventurous.

Let's face it.  When we have a lot of memorable characters, it will be really hard to let go.

• Brohoof 3

I don't know. I honestly thought 6 or 7 might be the last when they were announced, but when season 8 was announced ... I basically stopped predicting. 

• Brohoof 5

Probably not.  Cause the movie just made a whole bunch of cash. And they're gonna want to follow that up. Which will mean the show sticking around for another 3 years at least. So unless there's another long hiatus, we're probably gonna break the 10 season mark. 

• Brohoof 2