Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season 9 the last season. Yes or no.

heavens-champion

1 minute ago, Crystal Peppermint said:

I hope they end it with season 8. Better a good final then a stretched series that dying slowly.

Indeed. Though I'd imagine the fandom would last long after the show ends.

5 minutes ago, Cloggedone said:

Indeed. Though I'd imagine the fandom would last long after the show ends.

I see the fandom living on long after the show, to be honest.

If you look at franchises like Star Trek, Star Wars..franchises that have been around longer than 50 years..just to name a few..have thriving fan bases.

As long as there are still fans who love the show, are inspired by the fan content..the Herd will live on.

Just my thoughts.

6 hours ago, Brownie dash said:

I hear that g4 may end after 9, but g5 will begin in a year or two. Would love to see this. I'm open to a 5th gen.

Yeah. Probably won't be because people keep leaking the episodes. Nobody wants to wait, anymore.

But most people will wait and enjoy them. Like me.

Though do the toy sales have anything to do with it? I know it's not my fault but that's always a gut reaction with me. Like I need to help somehow buy buying things or something?

I would love to buy a high quality Glimglam plush but the only ones out there are the basic ones.

Edited by Toastypk

32 minutes ago, Toastypk said:

But most people will wait and enjoy them. Like me.

Though do the toy sales have anything to do with it? I know it's not my fault but that's always a gut reaction with me. Like I need to help somehow buy buying things or something?

I would love to buy a high quality Glimglam plush but the only ones out there are the basic ones.

well, the toy sales have been decreasing by 20% this year or so :huh: . It doesn't seem that much, but I think Hasbro expects that trend to keep continuing and planning ahead by (probably) ending the show with S9

16 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

well, the toy sales have been decreasing by 20% this year or so :huh: . It doesn't seem that much, but I think Hasbro expects that trend to keep continuing and planning ahead by (probably) ending the show with S9

Yeah, I would warrant that to less exposure of the show though and don't see how Hasbro doesn't realize that. MLP does awful on Discovery Family because mainly Discovery Family is an awful network that nobody likes. vast majority of bronies won't subscribe to a network plan for one show, and with Cable being less popular these days it is best to have the show have as much TV exposure in general. Or make up for it with internet content, but instead it is released on DF, netflix a little later really quietly. 

Marketing of the show could push toy sales. Instead I feel like DF goes through the motions.

I just would hate to see it end so quickly. I feel like it needs to stay around longer because I did not find the show right away. But that's kind of being selfish. But Hasbro has done quite well with the show. I hope they come up with some way to keep it going longer.

On 11/27/2017 at 9:27 PM, Sparklefan1234 said:

I don't know why but, I think that MLP:FiM will end after ten seasons.

same, i mean for a kid show about teaching lessons ten seasons a great milestone. A reboot is just natural. the ones who the demographics for MLPFIM have now grown up. Will i be sad, maybe a little.but then i'll kno whow the fan of star trek next Generation felt.

On 12/18/2017 at 4:08 PM, Ryanmahaffe said:

Yeah, I would warrant that to less exposure of the show though and don't see how Hasbro doesn't realize that. MLP does awful on Discovery Family because mainly Discovery Family is an awful network that nobody likes. vast majority of bronies won't subscribe to a network plan for one show, and with Cable being less popular these days it is best to have the show have as much TV exposure in general. Or make up for it with internet content, but instead it is released on DF, netflix a little later really quietly. 

Marketing of the show could push toy sales. Instead I feel like DF goes through the motions.

That probably a big factor too.IT should have aired on another network but due to contracts well they are stuck with that channel. honestly it be just as bad if it was a "netflix' excliuve becuase your basically limiting your audince even more. Sort of

• Brohoof 1

13 minutes ago, Duzzki said:

Possibly, but not likely. This show is still making Hasbro loads of money, not really much reason for them to stop airing FiM soon. I say that the end of Season 9 is probably the earliest they'd even consider doing it.

Well if you didn't know already, there has been a crazy leak from Hasbro, and among the contents lies the strong, if not guaranteed possibility that S9 WILL mark the end of FiM

5 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

Well if you didn't know already, there has been a crazy leak from Hasbro, and among the contents lies the strong, if not guaranteed possibility that S9 WILL mark the end of FiM

To be honest, leaks have been wrong before. Even ones that seemed legit.

4 hours ago, MAIKUN said:

Well maybe they should disband by now.

Saw one of the leaks, and the cuties should disband even less :D 

51 minutes ago, Duzzki said:

To be honest, leaks have been wrong before. Even ones that seemed legit.

It is true the source of the leaks have been mostly accurate, but shown false information as well. False information that seemed real at the time, but where debunked by time. Still, I think it's safer to assume these are all real, and WILL happen, until time says otherwise >_>. To be honest, I'm pretty satisfied of the remaining content in G4 ponies, except for maybe no pony movie 2, nor more bat ponies :dash:  

• 6 months later...
On 12/20/2017 at 8:23 PM, Steve Piranha said:

Saw one of the leaks, and the cuties should disband even less :D 

I agreed with you....Show me proof of the CMC disbanding then...

It's been a good six plus months since the leaks and I will have to say: almost everything from them has come true thus far, so the notes about season 9 being the finale seem pretty true to me. It would be extremely unlikely if that was the ONLY thing in the leaks that didn't come true at this point. So I think it's more or less 99.9% confirmed that season 9 will be the final season and any doubt about that is pretty unreasonable in my opinion.

(edited)
1 hour ago, Key Sharkz said:

It's been a good six plus months since the leaks and I will have to say: almost everything from them has come true thus far, so the notes about season 9 being the finale seem pretty true to me. It would be extremely unlikely if that was the ONLY thing in the leaks that didn't come true at this point. So I think it's more or less 99.9% confirmed that season 9 will be the final season and any doubt about that is pretty unreasonable in my opinion.

Of course the S8 leaks would come to pass considering the much shorter time lapse. Sure, it probably means S9 will be the final season since it isn't that long, but anything goes regarding the upcoming show. Also, don't forget the ninth season is the final planned season, as it's still possible for them to pull out a S6 of Agents of SHIELD, which the network literally greenlit a new season mere days at most before the S5 finale aired, and those dawgs wrote that episode as the series finale 

Edited by Steve Piranha