Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which character combo episodes do you wanna see next season?

FlareGun45

Which character combo episodes do you wanna see next season?  

36 users have voted

1. 1. Which character combo episodes do you wanna see next season?

• Twilight/Pinkie
    • Twilight/AJ
    • Twilight/Rainbow
    • Twilight/Rarity
    • Twilight/Fluttershy
    • Pinkie/AJ
    • Pinkie/Rainbow
    • Pinkie/Rarity
    • Pinkie/Fluttershy
    • Rainbow/Rarity
    • Rainbow/Fluttershy
    • Rainbow/AJ
    • AJ/Rarity (Iunno why you'd pick this :P)
    • AJ/Fluttershy
    • Rarity/Fluttershy
    • Starlight/Twilight
    • Starlight/Pinkie
    • Starlight/AJ
    • Starlight/Rarity
    • Starlight/Rainbow
    • Starlight/Fluttershy
    • Spike/Twilight
    • Spike/AJ
    • Spike/Pinkie
    • Spike/Rainbow
    • Spike/Fluttershy
    • Spike/Rarity
    • Spike/Starlight
    • CMCs/Twiiight
    • CMCs/Pinkie
    • CMCs/AJ
    • CMCs/Rainbow
    • CMCs/Fluttershy
    • CMCs/Rarity
    • CMCs/Spike
    • CMCs/Starlight

Whew, that’s a heck of a list.

My top picks are:

Twilight with AJ and Rarity

Pinkie with AJ

Starlight with Rainbow, Fluttershy, and Twilight(don’t judge, I really love these two teamed up)

Spike with Starlight and Twilight

And CMC’s and Starlight, bonus points if it’s a map episode.

• Brohoof 3

There are specific ones I want to see more(Twilight/Rarity, Twilight/Rainbow, Rarity/Rainbow, Pinkie/FS), but I'm more or less gonna say I'm open to almost all of them except for PinkieDash and especially fucking RariJack. 

Also Spike with everyone not named Rarity and Twilight, and Starlight with anyone not named Twilight

• Brohoof 5

@MegaSean45

I voted for combos that I feel haven't gotten at least ONE episode in the spotlight. 

Almost every one of the original Mane 6 have had an episode to them. I made a blog that points those out up to maybe Mid Season 6.

More to say, but I don't have the time right now!

Personally, I just wish people would acknowledge the hard work I put into that blog, but apparently no one does, so it's been gathering dust since perhaps the middle of Season 6. :(

• Brohoof 2

6 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

The main pair up I'd like to see is an episode with Twilight Sparkle & Rarity.

I also wouldn't mind  another episode with Twilight Sparkle, Rarity & Applejack like,

@ShootingStar159 said.

In my blog, I said that the closest we got to an official Twilight and Rarity-focused episode was S2's "Sweet and Elite". In that episode, Rare tried to make something nice for Twilight's birthday, but ended up spending more time with Canterlot's Elite.

The poor fashion designer was scared of disappointing Twilight and kept going back and forth between Twilight's birthday party and the High Elite party like a guy with two dates as she didn't want to disappoint anyone.

Sparklefan, I'm not opposing you. I'm just saying there's been at least ONE episode with that Twilight/Rarity combo.

In my opinion, the CMC and Spike need to be paired up with Mane 6 members that they haven't shared the spotlight with. Like Spike with Fluttershy or Rainbow.  The CMC had shared the spotlight with all but Pinkie or Spike.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

Sparklefan, I'm not opposing you. I'm just saying there's been at least ONE episode with that Twilight/Rarity combo.

It's ok, My Friend. :rarity:

I would just like to see Rarity & Twilight Sparkle in a Cuite Map episode with *just* them &

no Remane 4 involvement.

Edited by Sparklefan1234

My fave so far has been the one Rarity Dash episode and i had been wanting one since S1. So more of those please!!!

Also a big fan of RariJack episodes and Twilight Rarity ones..... tbh just keep bringing Rarity episodes please. Dash is my fave pony, but I always enjoy Rarity episodes more! 

• Brohoof 1

I'll be pretty excited if there's a Twilight and Spike focus episode. Sure, we see them together from time to time, but they were never the main focus on a regular episode yet. I think it would made their bonding experience more natural and more engaging to know how far they've come for the last 7 season. Maybe a slice of life episode or a cutie map episode would work for that.

• Brohoof 1

When I saw the title, I immediately thought of Applejack & Fluttershy. Do they even have an episode combination together…? :huh: Then I saw the list and decided on more. Pinkie Pie & Spike would make a funny episode, I think. And then there’s Starlight with both Fluttershy and the Cutie Mark Crusaders. With Fluttershy would be a good combination because they seem to be opposites in a way. With the Cutie Mark Crusaders would be interesting just because. Maybe they are having the friendship problem and the map sent Starlight to fix it, hmm… :ooh:

• Brohoof 2

25 minutes ago, StrawCherry said:

When I saw the title, I immediately thought of Applejack & Fluttershy. Do they even have an episode combination together…? :huh: Then I saw the list and decided on more. Pinkie Pie & Spike would make a funny episode, I think. And then there’s Starlight with both Fluttershy and the Cutie Mark Crusaders. With Fluttershy would be a good combination because they seem to be opposites in a way. With the Cutie Mark Crusaders would be interesting just because. Maybe they are having the friendship problem and the map sent Starlight to fix it, hmm… :ooh:

Actually acording to my blog, we already have an episode with some of the combos:

Applejack and Fluttershy; S4's "Bats!": Apple jack wanted to get rid of the bats. Fluttershy wanted to give the Bats a section of the acres.

Pinkie Pie and Spike shared a good chunk of screen time in S1's "Fall-Weathered Friends" as co-commentators for the Running of the Leaves race between Applejack and Rainbow Dash.

Fluttershy has babysit the CMC in S1's "Stare Master"

Seriously, isn't there anyone out there who's read my (admittedly outdated) blog about character combinations?!  it would make me happy knowing at least someone read the blog that I worked very hard on over a year ago.

57 minutes ago, Adamgreen said:

I'll be pretty excited if there's a Twilight and Spike focus episode. Sure, we see them together from time to time, but they were never the main focus on a regular episode yet. I think it would made their bonding experience more natural and more engaging to know how far they've come for the last 7 season. Maybe a slice of life episode or a cutie map episode would work for that.

We already had at least ONE Twilight and Spike episode. It's called S1's "Owl's Well That Ends Well" Spike got jealous of Owlicious apparently replacing him as Twilight's assistant. Must I bring up my overlooked blog?

Seriously, how are you people constantly listing combos that already have an episode with that combo?! We need episodes with characters that barely interact with each other like Starlight/CMC.

45 minutes ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

Actually acording to my blog, we already have an episode with some of the combos:

Applejack and Fluttershy; S4's "Bats!": Apple jack wanted to get rid of the bats. Fluttershy wanted to give the Bats a section of the acres.

Pinkie Pie and Spike shared a good chunk of screen time in S1's "Fall-Weathered Friends" as co-commentators for the Running of the Leaves race between Applejack and Rainbow Dash.

Fluttershy has babysit the CMC in S1's "Stare Master"

Seriously, isn't there anyone out there who's read my (admittedly outdated) blog about character combinations?!  it would make me happy knowing at least someone read the blog that I worked very hard on over a year ago.

Seriously, how are you people constantly listing combos that already have an episode with that combo?! We need episodes with characters that barely interact with each other like Starlight/CMC.

First off, the question of the topic isn’t about who did or didn’t have an episode together, it’s about who you like to see together at least once more. Secondly, excuse me for forgetting about “Bats!”. That’s why I asked, isn’t it? Because I didn’t remember? Third, sure, Pinkie and Spike had their screentime together in that episode but it wasn’t based around them. It was an Applejack & Rainbow Dash episode, not the others. Fourth, I did talk about Starlight and te CMC, not Fluttershy with them. I said “Starlight with both Fluttershy and the Cutie Mark Crusaders”. Where did you get Fluttershy & CMC from? And last but not least, I did not know about your blog since I’ve only joined last August.

Now, I know this wasn’t about the topic but I got a little bothered and had to reply. :proud:

Edited by StrawCherry

6 minutes ago, StrawCherry said:

First off, the question of the topic isn’t about who did or didn’t have an episode together, it’s about who you like to see together at least once more. Secondly, excuse me for forgetting about “Bats!”. That’s why I asked, isn’t it? Because I didn’t remember? Third, sure, Pinkie and Spike had their screentime together in that episode but it wasn’t based around them. It was an Applejack & Rainbow Dash episode, not the others. Fourth, I did talk about Starlight and te CMC, not Fluttershy with them. I said “Starlight with both Fluttershy and the Cutie Mark Crusaders”. Where did you get Fluttershy & CMC from? And last but not least, I did not know about your blog since I’ve only joined last August.

Now, I know this wasn’t about the topic but I got a little bothered and had to reply. :proud:

Sorry. I was just pointing out combinations that already had at least one episode to them. I wasn't trying to make you or anyone angry; just trying to make people aware of which characters already spent time with each other to narrow down the voting. Please forgive me.:(

I still think we need more Spike episodes that pairs him up with someone other than Twilight (his family), Rarity (His crush), and Starlight (He advises her in S6's "The Crystaling") Can't we just agree on that?

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

Just because we've already had episodes that have centered around these combinations doesn't mean that we can't wish for more!

That's like saying that you shouldn't wish for your favorite food because there's so many other foods you haven't had yet!

The topic asked my opinion, and I gave it. I don't think it's really called for to be so rude to others here. That goes for everyone in these forums. :unamused:

Edited by Wishlily
  • Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

Sorry. I was just pointing out combinations that already had at least one episode to them. I wasn't trying to make you or anyone angry; just trying to make people aware of which characters already spent time with each other to narrow down the voting. Please forgive me.:(

I still think we need more Spike episodes that pairs him up with someone other than Twilight (his family), Rarity (His crush), and Starlight (He advises her in S6's "The Crystaling") Can't we just agree on that?

It's fine, you're forgiven. :proud: And yes, I do agree with that, which is why I voted for Spike & Pinkie Pie. :twi: 

• Brohoof 1

It would be nice if the CMC interacted with somepony other than their sisters, like in Season One. Apple Bloom in particular had a nice dynamic with Twilight and Pinkie and it was such a good idea (at the time) for Fluttershy to babysit the CMC. I've always found the combination of Rarity and Rainbow Dash to be more entertaining than Rarity and Applejack because than it isn't just predicated on polar opposites. The time has always been opportune to let Twilight and Applejack star together, preferably an emotionally-driven story because they have always been the leaders of the group and the most level-headed. I liked the brief interaction that Starlight had with Fluttershy in The Cutie Map so more of that please. Pinkie is always welcome in a combo but she needs more interactions with Fluttershy and Twilight given that she and Rarity have more or less caught up after Seasons 6 and 7. The Spike and Starlight combo is a literal goldmine and needs to continually appear.

6 minutes ago, Wishlily said:

Just because we've already had episodes that have centered around these combinations doesn't mean that we can't wish for more!

That's like saying that you shouldn't wish for your favorite food because there's so many other foods you haven't had yet!

The topic asked my opinion, and I gave it. I don't think it's really called for to be so rude to others here. :unamused:

I wasn't trying to make you or anyone angry; just trying to make people aware of which characters already spent time with each other to narrow down the voting.

I'm sorry if my posts sound angry. I intended them to sound more disappointed than angry, but that's the problem with knowing a messager's intent only by what they write; Without being able to see the other person and their body language, it's hard to tell if a person is saying it with big or little emotion.

Edited by WiiGuy2014
  • Brohoof 1

Just now, WiiGuy2014 said:

I wasn't trying to make you or anyone angry; just trying to make people aware of which characters already spent time with each other to narrow down the voting.

I'm sorry if my posts sound angry. I intended them to sound more disappointed than angry, but that's the problem with knowing a messager's intent only by what they write; Without being able to see the other person, it's hard to tell if a person is saying with big or little emotion.

I think a big problem in the fandom as a general is trying to correct others all the time though. There are many "know-it-all" types in the fandom who often try to invalidate any opinion that isn't their own. I'm not saying that you are, and I don't say that to be mean, I just think that people should let others enjoy things how they want to instead of streamlining everything to match their feelings. Sharing your opinion is totally welcome, but using your opinion to belittle or attempt to invalidate other's opinions isn't. It's not fun for anypony, and can lead to a lot of miscommunication and hurt feelings. :( ♥

• Brohoof 6

8 minutes ago, Wishlily said:

I think a big problem in the fandom as a general is trying to correct others all the time though. There are many "know-it-all" types in the fandom who often try to invalidate any opinion that isn't their own. I'm not saying that you are, and I don't say that to be mean, I just think that people should let others enjoy things how they want to instead of streamlining everything to match their feelings. Sharing your opinion is totally welcome, but using your opinion to belittle or attempt to invalidate other's opinions isn't. It's not fun for anypony, and can lead to a lot of miscommunication and hurt feelings. :( ♥

I understand.

Just as long as you can forgive me.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

I understand.

Just as long as you can forgive me.

Of course! Well all make mistakes sometimes! And we all can come across in ways we didn't mean to sometimes! I was never mad at you. :kindness: 

Top three 

1. Twilight and Rarity

2. Starlight and RD

3. Starlight and Rarity

I've mentioned these in the past. There are others I would be interested in, of course. Any RariTwi episode would be far and away the most anticipated episode for me. 

• Brohoof 2

I would like to see a Lyra and Twilight episode. Remember, in Amending Fences it was mentioned that Lyra was a friend that Twilight had yet to make up with. It would be interesting to see a Lyra/Bon Bon (Sweetie Drops)/Twilight trio and what they could do in a episode. An interesting challenge would be all 3 fighting a Sleipnir (an 8 legged horse from norse mythology that are the descendents of the god of trickery Loki) and how all just act together. Maybe we could also get a wink at Lyra becoming Starlight's Student (I really, really, really would like that!). but since that isn't a choice, I'd say Fluttershy/Starlight. it would be really interesting to see how those two interact. Especially given how timid Starlight can be at times.

Edited by Tigerdovefan34
  • Brohoof 1