Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which character combo episodes do you wanna see next season?

FlareGun45

Which character combo episodes do you wanna see next season?  

36 users have voted

1. 1. Which character combo episodes do you wanna see next season?

• Twilight/Pinkie
    • Twilight/AJ
    • Twilight/Rainbow
    • Twilight/Rarity
    • Twilight/Fluttershy
    • Pinkie/AJ
    • Pinkie/Rainbow
    • Pinkie/Rarity
    • Pinkie/Fluttershy
    • Rainbow/Rarity
    • Rainbow/Fluttershy
    • Rainbow/AJ
    • AJ/Rarity (Iunno why you'd pick this :P)
    • AJ/Fluttershy
    • Rarity/Fluttershy
    • Starlight/Twilight
    • Starlight/Pinkie
    • Starlight/AJ
    • Starlight/Rarity
    • Starlight/Rainbow
    • Starlight/Fluttershy
    • Spike/Twilight
    • Spike/AJ
    • Spike/Pinkie
    • Spike/Rainbow
    • Spike/Fluttershy
    • Spike/Rarity
    • Spike/Starlight
    • CMCs/Twiiight
    • CMCs/Pinkie
    • CMCs/AJ
    • CMCs/Rainbow
    • CMCs/Fluttershy
    • CMCs/Rarity
    • CMCs/Spike
    • CMCs/Starlight

Spike & Shining

Twilight & Midnight

Rainbow & Garble

Celestia & Tirek

Luna & Scorpan

Tatzelwurm & Fluttershy & spice

So how many shitcoins do I get for bringing you these dank pairings?

I voted for cmc and Starlight. That could be a good dynamic. What better way to learn about friendship than to ride herd on a trio of wild fillies?

Now I'd like to toss in a couple combos I think would be interesting. Pinkie and Luna. I think it would be fun to have our party pony help loosen up Princess Luna, say while preparing a surprise party for her sister.

Another could be Thorax and Ember. I don't mean ship them, but I'd like to see more of their budding friendship.

Oh and how about a CMC and Celestia episode? We know Celestia likes to let down her mane once in a while. What if she has an absurd yet comic adventure with the fillies? It could end with the CMC deciding not to tell anypony, because nopony would ever believe it.

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, ShadowPhoenix said:

It would be nice if the CMC interacted with somepony other than their sisters, like in Season One. Apple Bloom in particular had a nice dynamic with Twilight and Pinkie and it was such a good idea (at the time) for Fluttershy to babysit the CMC. I've always found the combination of Rarity and Rainbow Dash to be more entertaining than Rarity and Applejack because than it isn't just predicated on polar opposites. The time has always been opportune to let Twilight and Applejack star together, preferably an emotionally-driven story because they have always been the leaders of the group and the most level-headed. I liked the brief interaction that Starlight had with Fluttershy in The Cutie Map so more of that please. Pinkie is always welcome in a combo but she needs more interactions with Fluttershy and Twilight given that she and Rarity have more or less caught up after Seasons 6 and 7. The Spike and Starlight combo is a literal goldmine and needs to continually appear.

Only combos I want next season are Pinkie/Fluttershy, Pinkie/CMCs, Spike/Fluttershy, and anypony with Starlight (except Trixie or Twilight). No pony else! Since I'm finished with Twilight, Rarity, Applejack and Dashie after 7 years with them.

I would want to see another Twilight and Rarity episode, they have a really good dynamic. I also want a Pinkie and Rainbow Dash episode.

Here's the part where I explain my picks. 

Twilight/Pinkie because it promises silliness, and they haven't properly shared an episode since at least season 4;

Twilight/Fluttershy because I found both of their episodes together hilarious, but think the dynamic has more room for refinement;

Pinkie/Rarity just because I really enjoyed their episodes together;

Rainbow/Rarity because, at this point in their careers, they have a deceptive amount in common, and also because "Rarity Investigates" was too glorious to be a one-time occurrence;

Rainbow/AJ because I miss it;

AJ/Fluttershy because, as fun as "Viva Las Pegasus" was, I felt it only scratched the surface of this pairing's comic potential;

Spike/AJ, Spike/Pinkie, and Spike/Fluttershy because Spike doesn't spend enough time with the mane six beyond Twilight and Rarity (I excluded Rainbow Dash because we got that in the S7 finale);

CMCs/Pinkie and CMCs/Fluttershy because we just haven't seen that in a while.

20 hours ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

@MegaSean45

I voted for combos that I feel haven't gotten at least ONE episode in the spotlight. 

Almost every one of the original Mane 6 have had an episode to them. I made a blog that points those out up to maybe Mid Season 6.

More to say, but I don't have the time right now!

Personally, I just wish people would acknowledge the hard work I put into that blog, but apparently no one does, so it's been gathering dust since perhaps the middle of Season 6. :(

Hey, thanks for making this. I was just wondering when Twilight and Pinkie last shared an episode. 

11 hours ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

Seriously, how are you people constantly listing combos that already have an episode with that combo?! We need episodes with characters that barely interact with each other like Starlight/CMC.

I care more about what combos I think could be entertaining, and stuff like Starlight/CMC doesn't personally capture my imagination. I didn't pick any Starlight combos because I don't really like her. 

My first pick for a combo would probably be Twilight/Rainbow. They're the two of the Mane Six that I like and relate to the most, and I've even advocated for their pairing previously on the forums (such as here and here). "Testing, Testing, 1, 2, 3" and "Top Bolt" are probably among my favorite episodes of the show, and I also enjoyed their interaction in other episodes that didn't necessarily focus on them as a duo, such as "Read It And Weep" or "Daring Don't".

I was also somewhat surprised at how much I liked "Rarity Investigates!", and how that episode made Rarity's and Rainbow's friendship believable and relatable, so I would probably like to see them as a combo again.

I also agree that more combos of Spike with the Mane Six (more so with the others aside from Twilight and Rarity) would be nice to see.

22 hours ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

We already had at least ONE Twilight and Spike episode. It's called S1's "Owl's Well That Ends Well" Spike got jealous of Owlicious apparently replacing him as Twilight's assistant. Must I bring up my overlooked blog?

Sure, you can call it a 'Twilight and Spike' episode, but it mostly focused on Spike more than Twilight. I want a Twilight and Spike episode that keeps their screen time balance, having them to bond through extreme circumstances and not just focused on Spike's main conflict. 

• Brohoof 1

I have no idea why CMCs/Starlight is getting a lot of votes from you guys because Starlight will probably be the most difficult to put in a CMC episode, for four reasons:

1. She doesn't even know their names.
  2. She's never appeared in ANY Cutie Mark Crusaders episode (although she was mentioned by them once).
  3. It's possible that she's totally forgotten about her old "cutie unmarking" ability by now.
  4. Starlight's stories in Seasons 5-7 have nearly nothing in common with the Crusaders', that I know of.

For once, I'd like to see a Pinkie, Fluttershy, AND CMCs (all five together) episode instead of the same old adventures.

Edited by FirePuppy
  • Brohoof 1

22 minutes ago, Celli said:

Give us a Twilight/Rarity episode for once. 7 seasons and we haven't had a real episode with them.

Well, they were both major focuses in Look Before You Sleep and PPOV (with Applejack, that is, the latter also with Pinkie). Plus, they were the only ponies in Gauntlet of Fire.

I'd like to see the following pairings because I like how they play each other:

- Fluttershy-CMC
- Rarity-Rainbow
- Twilight-AJ
- Rainbow-Spike

I'd like to see the following pairings with characters not listed:

- Pinkie-Discord
- Twilight-Trixie

I'd like to keep seeing the following overdue pairings because I love their chemistry on screen:

- Applejack-Rarity
- Pinkie-Rainbow
- Starlight-Trixie

4 hours ago, FirePuppy said:

Well, they were both major focuses in Look Before You Sleep and PPOV (with Applejack, that is, the latter also with Pinkie). Plus, they were the only ponies in Gauntlet of Fire.

Those episodes don't count. Look Before You Sleep was an AJ/Rarity/Twi episode, PPOV was a joint episode between Twi/Rar/AJ/PP. Gauntlet of Fire also doesn't count because they weren't the focus, Spike and Ember were. I'm talking about an actual Twi/Rar episode with no other focus characters. 

• Brohoof 2

On 11/28/2017 at 5:11 AM, StrawCherry said:

I immediately thought of Applejack & Fluttershy. Do they even have an episode combination together…? :huh: 

"Viva Las Pegasus" in Season 6. :)

I'd also like to see another Twilight Sparkle & Pinkie Pie episode because,

"Feeling Pinkie Keen" & "It's About Time" are two of my favorite episodes of FiM.

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2017 at 5:43 PM, AlexanderThrond said:

Spike/AJ, Spike/Pinkie, and Spike/Fluttershy because Spike doesn't spend enough time with the mane six beyond Twilight and Rarity(I excluded Rainbow Dash because we got that in the S7 finale);

A whopping 3 minutes 

I'd like to see what they could do with a full episode myself