Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

RPG Maker (MV) Resources

SeraphStar

[potentially related to:

]

So, pretty sure I'm in the right place: I am on the lookout for an RPG Maker sprite set of the Mane 6, various background ponies (and/or a generator for use in RPG Maker).

This may be a bit of an out-of-the-ordinary request, but I haven't been able to find a decent sprite set for ponies (that is being offered by the actual creator, at any rate). If you have info on an artist who does game visuals / pixel art, I'd be interested in their site / contact info, or if you know of a generator which is already primed for RPG Maker.

Thanks in advance for reading :D

I personally use RPG Maker VX Ace, and I've seen a bunch of great sprites for that one. Do you think you can scale them in a way they fit the other program? Or are you looking for sprites that include all the actions MV has?

Edited by StrawCherry
  • Brohoof 1

Well from my limited reading, there isn't a specific tool for it; there was one, however it was taken offline for reasons. There was another site which the now defunct site basically wrapped, but that solution still requires some manual editing.

And there's like a 50/50 split on whether just to resize in PhotoShop/GIMP (I fall somewhere in the 'nay' category, as most people's attempts end up warped or bleeding into each other). I don't believe that there'd be any issue with functionality going from VX/VX Ace to MV, since they're just image files (unless I'm just woefully ignorant).

• 11 months later...

I've found some great RPG Maker MV pony sprites on Deviant Art.  You should take a look at them.  I only use RPG Maker VX/Ace for my sprites, but I'll bet the ones for RPG Maker MV are really good.  Look them up!  Hope this helps!  ;)

I made an old compilation resource pack on Steam some years ago for VX. Contained sprites, faces with emotion sets/expressions, maps MLP-themed skills and links to other resources, but it's been so long most of the resources have probably faded away since then. MV and VXACE use the same sprite set system, so the sprites are compatible, VXACE uses 96x96 faces while MV is 128x128 I think (I forgot the specific but it should be easy to find it) but you can resize faces with most image editors, especially if you use vector faces which are made for resizing. 

I can post it if anyone wants. A guy messaged me that he used it recently so it's still operational. 

(p.s. if anyone wants me to help them with an RPG Maker pony project, or needs help in general, i'm game. I've been thinking of getting back in the ring myself)

Edited by Jordan D
  • Brohoof 1

• 6 months later...
On 11/9/2018 at 10:51 PM, Jordan D said:

I made an old compilation resource pack on Steam some years ago for VX. Contained sprites, faces with emotion sets/expressions, maps MLP-themed skills and links to other resources, but it's been so long most of the resources have probably faded away since then. MV and VXACE use the same sprite set system, so the sprites are compatible, VXACE uses 96x96 faces while MV is 128x128 I think (I forgot the specific but it should be easy to find it) but you can resize faces with most image editors, especially if you use vector faces which are made for resizing. 

I can post it if anyone wants. A guy messaged me that he used it recently so it's still operational. 

(p.s. if anyone wants me to help them with an RPG Maker pony project, or needs help in general, i'm game. I've been thinking of getting back in the ring myself)

Do you still have that MLP sprite pack?  I'd like to download it, maybe this week, for my next game project!  B)