Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Have you ever met someone famous?

Prospekt

Have you ever met someone famous?

I haven't met anyone extremely famous, like Beyoncé-famous, but I have had the privilege of meeting these people who are noteworthy for one reason or another:

- Pat Benatar: Singer who was most popular in the 80s. You probably know "Heartbreaker" or "Hit Me With Your Best Shot."

- Fred Couples: Professional golfer. Won The Masters in 1992.

- Gabriel Landeskog: NHL player from the Colorado Avalanche. Currently the team's captain.

- Milan Hejduk: Former NHL player from the Colorado Avalanche. Stanley Cup winner. Potentially a future hockey hall of famer.

- Pierre Turgeon: Former NHL player and current assistant coach with the Los Angeles Kings.

- Demaryius Thomas: Denver Broncos star. Super Bowl winner. 5-time Pro Bowl selection.

- Kenny Wallace: Former NASCAR driver. Brother of NASCAR champion Rusty Wallace. @Lucky Bolt better know this one. ;)

- Kyle Petty: Former NASCAR driver and current broadcaster. The son of Richard Petty, who is widely considered the greatest NASCAR driver of all time.

- David Copperfield: The most commercially successful magician/illusionist of all time, with a long career that would make the Great and Powerful Trixie extremely jealous. :wau:

- Eric Johnson: Grammy Award-winning solo guitarist. Listen to his composition "Cliffs of Dover" and you will be amazed.

- Matt Bellamy, Dominic Howard, and Chris Wolstenholme: Members of the successful rock band Muse.

- Ken Buck: Member of the US House of Representatives from Colorado.

- Various local news personalities from the Denver area.

- I went to school from 1st grade to senior year of high school with a singer named Kristi Hoopes who appeared on The Voice this year. She was eliminated very early but she did make it far enough to gain some recognition.

Edited by Prospekt
  • Brohoof 4

I tend to stay away from crowded venues and live in the middle of nowhere, so my opportunities to meet famous folks are few and far between, but I have met Gordon Lightfoot in the 90s and President Reagan in 1988. I'm sure there are others but I can't remember any off the top of my head...

I had a decently long conversation with Christopher Titus about two years ago.

Christopher Titus is a popular comedian having had specials run on Comedy Central for many years.

He's also my favorite comedian ever, I met him after one of his shows and was able to chat with him for a while and get a picture together!

• Brohoof 2

Well, i haven't met anyone famous, HOWEVER, Notch once responded to my question, all i simply asked was "How are you doing?"  and he simply replied. "I am doing good, you?"

Really love how open Markus is to other people on twitter.

• Brohoof 1

44 minutes ago, Sunset Rose said:

President Reagan in 1988

Small world ... I was in third grade and won a writing contest through my school and got to meet him and then VP George HW Bush in 1986 with other kids. One of those photo of events. Sunday breakfast ... which is something that was amazing ... eggs and bacon with the POTUS. XD

I remember him being funny and massive. Like tall and imposing in a sense. I was nine so this is obviously skewed. 

I've met a number if other big name famous types. I go to conventions all the time, was able to get on set to a movie or two, had a fairly affluent father, and am not really star struck so it's never been a challenge meeting a celebrity if I'm in the vicinity. 

My favorite person I met was Robin Williams. Amazing conversation. Bette Midler, Stephen King, Dennis Leary, Ray Liotta ... those last two were a blast. We jumped in a golf cart and chased down two actors on set trying to fake run them over ... well ... maybe not fake. Ray Liotta is kinda unhinged it's hard to tell. Afterwards Leary gave me a cigar since I just turned 18. 

• Brohoof 7

Famous in the local area:

Kevin Gregory - Meteorologist for our ABC affiliate in Indianapolis (for quite a long time). Every year, he does a Christmas toy drive, going around to schools to shoot a segment of all the toys the school donated. He came to my school in 5th grade for such thing.

• Brohoof 3

28 minutes ago, ggg-2 said:

I met Jeff Corwin at the Topeka Zoo when I was a kid.

I've been there before, I remember there being an albino alligator. 

25 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Small world ... I was in third grade and won a writing contest through my school and got to meet him and then VP George HW Bush in 1986 with other kids. One of those photo of events. Sunday breakfast ... which is something that was amazing ... eggs and bacon with the POTUS. XD

That's hilarious because mine was a similar situation. Small world indeed!

Well let's see, I've met:

Pony Related

• Tabetha St. Germaine
  • Nicole Oliver
  • John DeLancie
  • Samuel Vincent
  • Michelle Crieber
  • Lexi Hule
  • Bill Newton
  • Ingrid Nilson
  • Kizumi Evans

Wrestling Related

• Kevin Steen/Owens
  • Mick Foley
  • Bobby "The Brain" Heenan
  • Road Warrior Animal
  • Jay Lethal
  • Adam Cole
  • Kyle O'Reily
  • Ken Anderson/ Mr. Kennedy

Sports Related

• Ricky Henderson (when he was with the Padres)
  • The Harlem Globe Trotters

Movie Related

• Yoshimitsu Banno (Director)
  • Robert Scott Field (Actor)

Music Related

• Members of Matchbox Twenty
  • Members Of Neverset
  • Members of Three Days Grace (circa 2010)
  • Members of Bullet For My Valentine
  • Members of Demon Hunter 
  • Members of Battlecross
  • Members of Story Of The Year (and all the other bands at the Scream It Like You Mean It tour)
  • Members of Testament
  • Members of Lamb Of God
  • Jaundice from Huntress
  • Members of Machine Head
  • Floor Jansen from Revamp & Nightwish
  • Mark Osegueda from Death Angel
  • Max & Igor Cavelera from Sepultura & Cavelera Conspiracy
  • Herman Li & Marc Hudson of Dragonforce
  • Members of Spades & Blades
  • Members of Megadeth
  • Members of Suicidal Tendencies
  • Members of While She Sleeps
  • Brohoof 3

This is very long so I'll put everything in a spoiler tag.

Spoiler

Sports Related:

• Jim Sorgi (Former Indianapolis Colts QB)
  •  Antoine Bethea (former Indianapolis Colts Safety that now plays for the Arizona Cardinals)
  • Danny Granger (former Indianapolis Pacers player)
  • Bobby Labonte (NASCAR Driver)
  • Al Unser (IndyCar Driver)
  • Al Unser Jr. (IndyCar Driver)
  • Bobby Unser (IndyCar Driver)
  • Johnny Unser (IndyCar Driver)
  • Bill Brooks (former Indianapolis Colts football player)

Meteorologists and News Anchors

• John Stehr (Anchor from NBC 13 Indianapolis)
  • Anne Marie Tiernon (Anchor from NBC 13 Indianapolis)
  • Steve Bray (Was the chief meteorologist on WISH-TV when I lived in Indiana. One of my teachers who knew about personally asked him if he could come to my school just so he can teach me about weather and that I could be able to ask questions. He did it to my surprising. Not only that, it was a one on one private weather lesson too. I will never forget that highlight in my school life)
  • Randy Ollis (meteorologist for WISH-TV Indianapolis)
  • Sean Ash (meteorologist for WISH-TV when I lived in Indianapolis)
  • Denis Phillips (meteorologist for ABC Action News in Tampa)
  • Wayne Shattuck (former meteorologist for ABC Action News in Tampa) 
  • Sarina Fazan (news anchor for ABC Action News in Tampa)

Other people

• Sheriff Grady Judd (A pretty known sheriff from my county here in Florida)
  • Governor Rick Scott

• Brohoof 3

1 minute ago, Twisted Cyclone said:

This is very long so I'll put everything in a spoiler tag.

Hide contents

Sports Related:

• Jim Sorgi (Former Indianapolis Colts QB)
  •  Antoine Bethea (former Indianapolis Colts Safety that now plays for the Arizona Cardinals)
  • Danny Granger (former Indianapolis Pacers player)
  • Bobby Labonte (NASCAR Driver)
  • Al Unser (IndyCar Driver)
  • Al Unser Jr. (IndyCar Driver)
  • Bobby Unser (IndyCar Driver)
  • Johnny Unser (IndyCar Driver)
  • Bill Brooks (former Indianapolis Colts football player)

Meteorologists and News Anchors

• John Stehr (Anchor from NBC 13 Indianapolis)
  • Anne Marie Tiernon (Anchor from NBC 13 Indianapolis)
  • Steve Bray (Was the chief meteorologist on WISH-TV when I lived in Indiana. One of my teachers who knew about personally asked him if he could come to my school just so he can teach me about weather and that I could be able to ask questions. He did it to my surprising. Not only that, it was a one on one private weather lesson too. I will never forget that highlight in my school life)
  • Randy Ollis (meteorologist for WISH-TV Indianapolis)
  • Sean Ash (meteorologist for WISH-TV when I lived in Indianapolis)
  • Denis Phillips (meteorologist for ABC Action News in Tampa)
  • Wayne Shattuck (former meteorologist for ABC Action News in Tampa) 
  • Sarina Fazan (news anchor for ABC Action News in Tampa)

Other people

• Sheriff Grady Judd (A pretty known sheriff from my county here in Florida)
  • Governor Rick Scott

Sean Ash is at channel 13 now (or at least from what I remember), and the rest are still at their respective channels. Haven't heard of the name Steve Bray in forever though.

• Brohoof 2

5 hours ago, Prospekt said:

I haven't met anyone extremely famous, like Beyoncé-famous, but I have had the privilege of meeting these people who are noteworthy for one reason or another:

- Pat Benatar: Singer who was most popular in the 80s. You probably know "Heartbreaker" or "Hit Me With Your Best Shot."

- Gabriel Landeskog: NHL player from the Colorado Avalanche. Currently the team's captain.

- Milan Hejduk: Former NHL player from the Colorado Avalanche. Stanley Cup winner. Potentially a future hockey hall of famer.

- Pierre Turgeon: Former NHL player and current assistant coach with the Los Angeles Kings.

- Demaryius Thomas: Denver Broncos star. Super Bowl winner. 5-time Pro Bowl selection.

- Kenny Wallace: Former NASCAR driver. Brother of NASCAR champion Rusty Wallace. @Lucky Bolt better know this one. ;)

- Kyle Petty: Former NASCAR driver and current broadcaster. The son of Richard Petty, who is widely considered the greatest NASCAR driver of all time.

- David Copperfield: The most commercially successful magician/illusionist of all time, with a long career that would make the Great and Powerful Trixie extremely jealous. :wau:

- Eric Johnson: Grammy Award-winning solo guitarist. Listen to his composition "Cliffs of Dover" and you will be amazed.

- Matt Bellamy, Dominic Howard, and Chris Wolstenholme: Members of the successful rock band Muse.

- I went to school from 1st grade to senior year of high school with a singer named Kristi Hoopes who appeared on The Voice this year. She was eliminated very early but she did make it far enough to gain some recognition.

Forgot to add this: I'm very good friends with the son of a meteorologist from KUSI in San Diego. So naturally I got to meet his dad when we were roommates. :D

4 hours ago, Storminess said:

Dana Carvey

Pat Sajak

Vanna White

Siegfried & Roy

tenor.gif

4 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Does M.A. Larson count?

Why not? At least in pony circles, M.A. Larson is "famous." And he has his own Wikipedia article.

4 hours ago, Mickey Adaptus said:

Well, i haven't met anyone famous, HOWEVER, Notch once responded to my question, all i simply asked was "How are you doing?"  and he simply replied. "I am doing good, you?"

Really love how open Markus is to other people on twitter.

I've had some fairly notable YouTubers reply to my comments. Back when I still watched Stampylonghead (I used to be a huge fan before growing out of Minecraft in general), we had multiple friendly exchanges in the comments. Very nice guy.

4 hours ago, SoberStarlight said:

I haven't really met many famous people besides getting a few autographs from baseball players.

But, I came really close to Bonno at a U2 concert!

I guess I should elaborate that I have seen a bunch more famous people without actually meeting them. Off the top of my head, I've seen (but not interacted with) Lance Armstrong, lots of athletes at pro sporting events, members of a few other bands (including U2 as well!), and..... Donald Trump. :blink:

• Brohoof 3

6 hours ago, Prospekt said:

Cool! :pinkie: You also met Kyle Petty too, huh? That's so awesome! As for myself, I've never met any former or present NASCAR drivers, let alone any non-NASCAR celebrities. BUT, I have a friend who races sprint cars and late models over in California, and he's on the verge of joining NASCAR Next, (he even knows several NASCAR cup drivers personally, including Jimmie Johnson!) so, does having a friend who's gonna be a possible famous NASCAR driver count? :please: 

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Lucky Bolt said:

Cool! :pinkie: You also met Kyle Petty too, huh? That's so awesome! As for myself, I've never met any former or present NASCAR drivers, let alone any non-NASCAR celebrities. BUT, I have a friend who races sprint cars and late models over in California, and he's on the verge of joining NASCAR Next, (he even knows several NASCAR cup drivers personally, including Jimmie Johnson!) so, does having a friend who's gonna be a possible famous NASCAR driver count? :please: 

I don't see why not. :) My uncle once went to an off road race back in the 90s where he got to meet Jimmie Johnson. Jimmie had never even driven a stock car before. Little did my uncle know, this young guy would become a legend. So never say never! That friend of yours could certainly be famous to some degree.

• Brohoof 1