Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Have you ever met someone famous?

Prospekt

I met James Franco one time. He sat on my porch and I tried to give him a glass of water (the explanation for this one is that my parents have been friends with his brother for a long time).

I also met Saul Perlmutter- he worked on the team that discovered the existence of dark energy. 

• Brohoof 1

famous in different ways i guess, but 90% have been more "in the prescene" of.

So i guess the only ones ive ever met and spoken to have been the folk band, Show of Hands (somewhat big here in the UK).

I have been in the presence of:

The Game Grumps with Jacksepticeye

Judi Dench

Seth Lakeman

Elton John

Rod Stewart

Status Quo

Noel Edmonds

Bellowhead

Mr & Mrs Blobby (only 90s kids will remember)

• Brohoof 2

On 1/11/2018 at 6:35 AM, Qrow Branwen said:

Lauren Faust at Nightmare Nights Dallas this past October with @Taiyang Xiao Long

Oh yeah. That was cool. I also got to meet Andrea. ^^

Other famous people ive met include Arryn Zech, Miles Luna, and Kara Erbele of Rooster Teeth.

NBA Players, Chris Webber, Bobby Jackson, and Mike Bibby.

MMA Fighter Tito Ortiz

and Night Ranger guitarist Jeff Watson and Keyboardist Michael Lardie 

• Brohoof 2

I met various Nascar drivers, including Matt Dibenedetto, who I got a picture with twice last year (the 2nd Daytona race and the 2nd Richmond race)

I also met most of the cast of Reno 911 (pre season 6), Rocko's Modern Life and Camp Lazlo creator Joe Murry, and voice actress Candi Milo in the same event. :3

(edited)

Just got to meet current Colorado Rockies players Mike Dunn, Tom Murphy, and Trevor Story. Along with Rockies broadcaster and former major league baseball player Jeff Huson.

Edited by Prospekt

Pony related

- Lauren Faust

-Ashleigh Ball

- Tara strong

- Tabitha St germain 

- Nicole oliver

- Cathy wesluck 

- John Delancie 

- Michelle Creber

- Jessie Nowack "Nowacking" (vinyl scratch)

Non pony related:

Bob Bergen (voice of Tweety and porky pig)

Dvon Dudley (pro wrestler)

Kquik / R-truth (pro wrestler)

Ivory(pro wrestler)

Steve blackman(pro wrestler)

That's about it unless I count that I was sitting so close to Aziz Ansari that I was able to give him a quick high five on his way backstage.

And I think I almost got run over by one of the Wyatt family (wresting) when I accidentally got lost and walked near the employee parking lot after a show.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t think I’ve met any celebrities but here are a couple my family and I walked past:

Ellen Degeneres and Fisher Stevens

Oh, and my mom once sat next to Emma Thompson on a train.

• Brohoof 2

I've also met Ian Mcdiarmid The Emperor from Star Wars

• The Nostalgia Critic and the rest of Channel Awesome
  • Trina Nishimura 
  • Christoper Sabat
  • Sean Schemmel
  • Billy West 
  • Charlet Chung the voice of Dva
  • Troy Baker
  • Amanda Miller
  • Jennifer Hale
  • Tony Fleecs
  • Sara Richard
  • Wallace Shawn
  • Chris Sarandon

When I met the Nostalgia Critic, I actually brought my copy of the Garbage Pail Kids for him to sign.

Edited by ultrairongorilla
  • Brohoof 2

I have had the chance to rub elbows with a few folks who others consider famous... though mostly in a small capacity, as I've interacted with a number of folks due to being with con security at a particular convention I volunteer regularly at.  During that time, I have had interactions of varying levels with:

Dean Stockwell

Rob Paulsen

Jerry Doyle

Kate Mulgrew

Peter Mayhew

Lee Arenberg

Erin Grey

William Shatner (He's a DICK.)

Julie Dawn Cole

Paris Themmen

Paul Goddard

Sir Patrick Stewart

James Urbaniak

Patricia Albrecht

Voltaire (who is as awesome as you think, and then some!)

Nicholas Brendon

Eliza Dushku

Johnny Yong Bosch

Ernie Hudson

... and there are PLENTY more that I just saw with my own two eyes.  Trust me - volunteer for con security, and you'll have a chance to meet folks like these too!

• Brohoof 4

What exactly counts as 'famous' here? My stepdad was a news anchor for a long time and a radio host on the business radio station now, and I've met a lot of his colleagues from the news, as well as some other presenters. My mom was a television host in the late 70s, so I suppose at the time she was moderately well known as well. I highly doubt anyone will have heard of them outside of the Netherlands, though.

EDIT: I've also met M.A. Larson at a con once, does that count?

Edited by KatonRyu
Added one more person
  • Brohoof 2

4 minutes ago, KatonRyu said:

What exactly counts as 'famous' here? My stepdad was a news anchor for a long time and a radio host on the business radio station now, and I've met a lot of his colleagues from the news, as well as some other presenters. My mom was a television host in the late 70s, so I suppose at the time she was moderately well known as well. I highly doubt anyone will have heard of them outside of the Netherlands, though.

EDIT: I've also met M.A. Larson at a con once, does that count?

I think it counts. Basically, either a public figure of any sort, like a TV presenter, or anyone worthy of having their own Wikipedia article. :wacko: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/M.A._Larson

Forgot to mention in my original post, I'm good friends with the son of a TV meteorologist at a news station in California and I've met said meteorologist before when he came up to visit his son.

I met the British actor Ted Robbins:

Image result for ted robbins

He was presenting the awards for a literary contest and I won best short story and shook his hand.

I also met YouTuber TomSka:

Image result for tomska

He used to study at the University of Lincoln where I currently study, he came to visit his old uni and I met him then.

They're the most famous people I've met, nobody too major.

• Brohoof 1

19 hours ago, Randimaxis said:

I have had the chance to rub elbows with a few folks who others consider famous... though mostly in a small capacity, as I've interacted with a number of folks due to being with con security at a particular convention I volunteer regularly at.  During that time, I have had interactions of varying levels with:

Dean Stockwell

Rob Paulsen

Jerry Doyle

Kate Mulgrew

Peter Mayhew

Lee Arenberg

Erin Grey

William Shatner (He's a DICK.)

Julie Dawn Cole

Paris Themmen

Paul Goddard

Sir Patrick Stewart

James Urbaniak

Patricia Albrecht

Voltaire (who is as awesome as you think, and then some!)

Nicholas Brendon

Eliza Dushku

Johnny Yong Bosch

Ernie Hudson

... and there are PLENTY more that I just saw with my own two eyes.  Trust me - volunteer for con security, and you'll have a chance to meet folks like these too!

At the last convention I went to, I actually passed up a chance to meet William Shatner, to meet Wallace Shawn and Chris Sarandon instead, because I only had so much money left. So I take it, it wasn't a big deal, I didn't get to meet him.....:please: Chris Sarandon was really cool, and Wallace Shawn was a really sweet guy.

Edited by ultrairongorilla
  • Brohoof 1

I've seen many celebrities, and have been within arms reach of quite a few of them, but the only one I actually 'met' (meaning someone I've interacted with) was Carrie Fisher. I met her at Star Wars Celebration II in Indianapolis, back in 2002 I think it was.