Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning General Dragonball Z/Super RP

Courageous Thunder Dash

So, just throwing out the idea of a Dragonball Z or Dragonball Super RP. It could maybe be a Tournament of Power or an adventure where a foe is on the rise...or a rewrite of an existing saga with our OCs and DBZ/DBS characters in place...any suggestions and help would be very welcome. 

Edited by C. Thunder Dash

Hiya. :D

I am interested in whatever develops out of this idea, but unfortunately I feel I'm not as good at the subject as I'd like to be. I've watched the subject matter (Not Super yet), but I just don't feel I'd be good enough to world build in this setting.

I'd just like to bring up some cautions for an RP like this:

Make sure races other than Saiyan are worth choosing besides for cast balance, somehow.

OC Saiyan need to be kept in check and have a natural progression. Nobody is going to have a starting power level of 9k, and power levels should stay relevant for a good while until they eventually become too large to be able gauge accurately.

Nobody should be instantly superior to anyone else at the beginning, and the Super transformation levels need to be properly earned, with non Saiyan players being able to power up to comparable levels to not become redundant at later stages of story progression.

It might be best if the show characters were somehow absent entirely from this, though not necessarily dead, except necessary ones like like the Kai. 

Balance, balance, balance. No overuse of the Balls to solve all of life's problems and mistakes.

Good luck! Watching this! :smug:

Edited by Lektra Bolt

1 hour ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Hiya. :D

I am interested in whatever develops out of this idea, but unfortunately I feel I'm not as good at the subject as I'd like to be. I've watched the subject matter (Not Super yet), but I just don't feel I'd be good enough to world build in this setting.

I'd just like to bring up some cautions for an RP like this:

Make sure races other than Saiyan are worth choosing besides for cast balance, somehow.

OC Saiyan need to be kept in check and have a natural progression. Nopony is going to have a starting power level of 9k, and power levels should stay relevant for a good while until they eventually become too large to be able gauge accurately.

Nopony should be instantly superior to anypony else at the beginning, and the Super transformation levels need to be properly earned, with non Saiyan players being able to power up to comparable levels to not become redundant at later stages of story progression.

It might be best if the show characters were somehow absent entirely from this, though not necessarily dead, except necessary ones like like the Kai. 

Balance, balance, balance. No overuse of the Balls to solve all of life's problems and mistakes.

Good luck! Watching this! :smug:

Not just saiyans but characters who can ascend to levels like saiyans are welcome as well. 

And it could be a 1x1 adventure if you want. 

Edited by C. Thunder Dash
  • Brohoof 1

*Sudden presence.*

...I have been waiting for a DBZ roleplay for so long now, that seeing this immediately peaked my interest. Sadly, it seems you're not sure what to do, plot, or setting-wise. Which in itself is the first red flag. I have a few characters that could be great for this, but, I really don't have an interest in an RP destined to die off. 

So, I'm gonna go ahead and hold off on joining just yet, but I'll be willing to help you flesh out.

3 minutes ago, P-Jay said:

*Sudden presence.*

...I have been waiting for a DBZ roleplay for so long now, that seeing this immediately peaked my interest. Sadly, it seems you're not sure what to do, plot, or setting-wise. Which in itself is the first red flag. I have a few characters that could be great for this, but, I really don't have an interest in an RP destined to die off. 

So, I'm gonna go ahead and hold off on joining just yet, but I'll be willing to help you flesh out.

Well, I'm wide open really, seeing that things could go crazy...1x1 RPs are the best as of now. I'll go ahead and edit the title. 

1 minute ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

Well, I'm wide open really, seeing that things could go crazy...1x1 RPs are the best as of now. I'll go ahead and edit the title. 

Oh a two person RP? Sorry I'm out. I thought you were going to world build a 5 to 10 player RP.

Good luck and have fun :)

Just now, Lektra Bolt said:

Oh a two pony RP? Sorry I'm out. I thought you were going to world build a 5 to 10 player RP.

Could be either or, but it's 1x1 for now. If this thread gets more replies then maybe I'll open it back up to a group. 

...I'm with Lektra on this. DBZ isn't a verse for '1x1' roleplays, they're kinda meant for group fun. There's only so much two characters could do, in a world bigger than the two of them.

• Brohoof 1

34 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Oh a two pony RP? Sorry I'm out. I thought you were going to world build a 5 to 10 player RP.

2 minutes ago, P-Jay said:

...I'm with Lektra on this. DBZ isn't a verse for '1x1' roleplays, they're kinda meant for group fun. There's only so much two characters could do, in a world bigger than the two of them.

I mean, it could be the three of us, if that isn't too bad...

Just keep me in mind for future please if this gets going and enough are interested :)

I think he just likes editing everyone's quotes to include pony puns. It's kinda fun! 

Edited by Lektra Bolt

2 hours ago, Acnologia said:

Huh, never expected to see a dragon ball rp here. I’m in.

2 hours ago, Drago Ryder said:

I watched everything up until Champa’s introduction in Super, though I did come late to the party on the front. Anyway, I’m definetly interested. 

Ok. I think when I get enough people, I'm gonna open up a poll to see what kind of RP we should do. 

• Brohoof 1