Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should MLP have aliens?

KillerKingBakudan

If Starswirl can discover different worlds to banish monsters like the Sirens to, what if there are other worlds that are capable of sending something to Equestria?

They don't have to come from outer space (even though I think it'd be cool to see). But with aliens, the animators are free to design them however they want, without the restrictions of following existing mythology for all the other creatures in MLP's universe. They wouldn't feel out of place as long as they look cute enough for kids.

Case in point:

latest.thumb.jpg.5ac5ab71c14a709ebd186c2de9c0556d.jpg

Plus, it creates room for even more friendship lessons for later seasons. No one in Equestria's population would know what to expect from something that came from another world. The ponies, griffons, yaks, dragons, and changelings would all perceive said aliens in different ways. So rather than repeating the same morals regarding prejudice, this could delve into something more political. Like how different points of view can create an unwanted, and often destructive, divide in society. Obstacles to friendship don't get much bigger than that.

Edited by KillerKingBakudan
  • Brohoof 2

Well, they already do in some form.

Disregarding EQG because it's an alternate universe. In Legends of Magic #1, Luna opens a portal to another planet that has weird evil rock people that want to use the darkness inside Luna.

1 hour ago, cmarston1 said:

I dunno, this feels a bit out there for the show's universe.

The very fact other worlds and dimensions exist at all says otherwise. It only feels that way for you because you have this generalized notion of what an alien is. If the ponies in this show were real, and they came to our planet via portal or whatever, we'd be calling them aliens too.

2 minutes ago, KillerKingBakudan said:

The very fact other worlds and dimensions exist at all says otherwise. It only feels that way for you because you have this generalized notion of what an alien is. If the ponies in this show were real, and they came to our planet via portal or whatever, we'd be calling them aliens too.

That is very true and I was thinking that earlier, when someone asks "Aliens in MLP?"
People think of things like this

aliens.jpg?quality=90&strip=all

When it could very well be something like

Fantasy%20Monster%20Kurkura_11.jpg

I have my theory on the whole mlp universe being consumed by dark beings and Equestria is the last stand of Harmony, so yeah, i would be for Aliens.

they have everything else so why not xD

On 11/29/2017 at 6:34 AM, Kiryu-Chan said:

Only if it’s that Transformers crossover 

Image result for pinkie transformer gif                                                                             

• Brohoof 1

For some, I think it would be quite interesting to have some sort of extraterrestrial quality to MLP. Of course not to alter completely the future plot. For example, what if an extraterrestrial space craft crash landed on Equestria and the alien of the crash wasn't familiar with friendship because it never has had contact with their world? The Mane-6 could teach friendship to this being and then when the extraterrestrial leaves their world, it could then teach the rest of its civilisation what it learned while on Equestria.

Well, there are star elementals, Outer Gods, demonic and angelic entities from other realms, civilizations like mind flayers and Eliatropes with the ability to travel to different worlds. You have many possibilities for "aliens" in fantasy.

• 4 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I actually would love to see pony aliens. Not ugly ones with huge brains or something like that. Just normal ponies, they would have some other cute traits that makes them stand out. :wub:

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Sven Seelenherz said:

I actually would love to see pony aliens. Not ugly ones with huge brains or something like that. Just normal ponies, they would have some other cute traits that makes them stand out. :wub:

If they have cute ones, I would love that. I wouldn't be sold until they had a legitimate reason for bringing space travel into MLP, though.

• Brohoof 2

• 7 months later...

If MLP had aliens. It would be atmospheric beasts. ( Ever Watched NOPE hen this is how they would look like:

not of man nor monster — comparison of human to monster form of that  biker...

Kreeecher on Twitter: "NOPE☁️ Jean Jacket //Occulonibus Edoequus//  Atmospheric Beast — #Nope #cryptid #jeanjacket #NopeMoviespoilers  #creaturedesign #badmiracle https://t.co/6CJG2mVVEc" / Twitter

The green square in the middle its its eye.

I mean the only scene in NOPE that freaked me out to the point of having a panic attack was the scene were Jean jacket yanks the crowd into its body:

This scene made me feel beyond afraid. To start - the eeriness of the entire scene was nauseating. The subliminal noises, the vast nothingness of the desert looks like an ocean. The horrifying realization of what was about to happen set in upon seeing all these people, the horse set up to sacrifice, I felt like I was there with them, with nowhere to escape. The shot of Ricky looking up in absolute sickening horror as his hat falls of his head and the shadows cast by the people being sucked up are swirling around him, and then blackness. Hard cut to the same shot we see in the opening scene. The abstract looking, sort of baleen room except this time, we hear the screaming. The people being sucked up look like ants. We hear a flap suction closed sealing in the last victim, ensuring their fate. Cut to the hellish bounce house that I have to assume was the digestive tract, or maybe the mouth? We hear children crying, people puking, I heard Ricky himself stand out in the orchestra of agony. A man whose shirt I recognize from the crowd is upside down in the tube. We see a woman’s face clearly as we pan upwards, as she’s panicking and trying to make sense of what’s happening, she bumps into what was either a dead horse being digested, or the decoy horse that OJ and Em used. It appears to be wrapped in some kind of film. As the horror of what’s happening dawns on her, the film begins to wrap around her, and she panics more as the camera cuts away.

I’d been physically ill for about a day after watching that scene.