Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Questions

SkyPie

How did Twilight or Sunset get into the school without a guardian to sign them up?

Where does Sunset live?

Did Equestria Girls Spike really need to be able to talk?

Where do the Dazzlings live? How did they get into the school without a guardian to sign them up?

In the Equestria Girls spin off series, why in the second episode when they were chasing down the bad guy did Twilight not use her telekinesis to grab them? I know she had her geode because she used it to break Rainbow out of the locked room. And if it was too much to pick up a whole person, at least grab their foot or something.

Why do Flash and Twilight like each other?

Isn't Timber Spruce an adult and Twilight a minor?

• Brohoof 1

25 minutes ago, Pink Feather said:

How did Twilight or Sunset get into the school without a guardian to sign them up?

Where does Sunset live?

Where do the Dazzlings live? How did they get into the school without a guardian to sign them up?

In the Equestria Girls spin off series, why in the second episode when they were chasing down the bad guy did Twilight not use her telekinesis to grab them? I know she had her geode because she used it to break Rainbow out of the locked room. And if it was too much to pick up a whole person, at least grab their foot or something.

1. Human Twilight Sparkle has parents & I'm not sure about Sunset Shimmer.
  2. I think Sunset Shimmer lives in an apartment.
  3.  They needed a reason for Spike to have his voice actor in future Equestria Girls projects.
  4. I don't know.
  5. I don't know. 
  6. Probably just a cliche the writers needed to check off their list.
  7. :blink:

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 2

4 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

1. Human Twilight Sparkle has parents & I'm not sure about Sunset Shimmer.
  2. I think Sunset Shimmer lives in an apartment.
  3.  They needed a reason for Spike to have his voice actor in future Equestria Girls projects.
  4. I don't know.
  5. I don't know. 
  6. Probably just a cliche the writers needed to check off their list.
  7. :blink:

I meant pony Twilight in the first one. ^_^

• Brohoof 1

12 hours ago, Pink Feather said:

Where does Sunset live?

1. I think Celestia has a pretty lax open application process LOL Twilight didnt enroll, she snuck in and slept in the library. Sunset I would assume either had enrolled (the other Sunset) or did the smart thing of either going through entrance exam, or even forged the paperwork. She's certainly more of a registered student than Twi though. 

2. As seen in the Monday Blues short, Sunset has her own studio apartment - either she worked enough to pay the rent or its a student flat. Hard to tell. 

3. The poor Dazzlings. In my headcanon I picture them in dead end jobs living on the streets or motel rooms as im sure they cant get people to do what they want anymore. In canon, I would assume they got out of Canterlot and went to another town/city where they are not recognised. 

4. Sci Twi is not as smart as you think - common sense is not her thing, plus the show needed to be padded out for time. 

5. The powers that be testing the waters to see how the fandom would react to a romance as its not been done before with the mane 6. I like it! 

6. THATS WHAT I THOUGHT!!! I hate Timber, he comes across as a sleeze to me. Surely he hits on a girl every year at the camp - Twilight is just the unlucky one this year! I hate him so! *flail* 

• Brohoof 2

22 hours ago, Pink Feather said:

Where does Sunset live?

1. Principal Celestia must be really gullible and she believed in their word.

2. She has an apartment.

3.  He's a character with funny lines, I don't like him being a dog but that's another issue.

4. I hope they still live in the same town, would love to see them again. About their signin up in school, same case than Twilight and Sunset.

5. She's kind of new with magic and doesn't immediately uses it like Rainbow does.

6. Twilight walked through a portal and went from an adult mare to a teenage 'weird skin human thing' with a cocktail of hormones in her vascular system.

7. I also thought he was an adult when I saw Legend of Everfree.

• Brohoof 2

I dunno about Sunset, and if you mean Princess Twilight, I'm not sure she ever properly enrolled. 

Where does Sunset live?

Dingy apartment in the city. 

Can't have the full parallel without a talking Spike, but I've gotta be honest, I'd really like it if this series just sort of had a dog hanging around doing dog things. 

I don't know where they live. I presume they got in by using magic. 

There's probably no answer for this. 

Sexual attraction. It appears that Twilight got over it. 

I don't think that's what was intended, but that's the easiest explanation. Maybe he just runs the camp instead of going to school? It's all confusing. 

• Brohoof 1

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 8:37 PM, Pink Feather said:

Where does Sunset live?

1. Considering how backhanded and deceitful pre-reformation Sunset was, she probably forged some guardian signatures. Twilight getting in was a plot hole with pretty much no explanation even implied during the events of the first movie.

2. Yes he did, so that Twilight could verbally interact with someone during the first half of the first movie, and because without the ability to talk, he'd be, well, a dog. Not much potential there past a few facial expressions (unless they went to town with him as a silent character, which I doubt they would have been able to commit to creatively).

3. The Dazzlings are shown to have hypnotic abilities (at least prior to their defeat). If they can dope up nearly the entire population of a moderately large school into a hoard of mindless admirers within a few musical numbers, they probably could have pulled off being let into the school without guardians. As for where they live, they probably hang out in some motel or low-rent accommodation.

4. Because the plot, I guess. The franchise in general have never really been that consistent about justifying whether Twilight uses telekinesis or not during specific occasions. She teleports every ten seconds over about 15 feet of ground in 'Applebuck Season' then 11 episodes later she suddenly becomes unable to teleport forty feet across a ravine and nearly dies thanks to this.

5. Because it wouldn't be a movie set in a high school without a teen romance, now would it? It was mostly just superficial attraction to begin with anyway (Brad Flash just happened to be the first individual willing to aid Twilight in a highly unfamiliar setting, and the attraction sort of developed (although 'developed' is likely too strong a term) from there).

6. Timber Spruce is 17 (or 18, considering his demeanour I'm guessing 17) according to Ishi Rudell. Twilight is 16. Technically, this doesn't pose any major issue in this regard.

Edited by Them's Seeing Ponies
  • Brohoof 1

• 4 years later...
On 2017-11-30 at 3:18 PM, Them's Seeing Ponies said:

2. Yes he did, so that Twilight could verbally interact with someone during the first half of the first movie, and because without the ability to talk, he'd be, well, a dog. Not much potential there past a few facial expressions (unless they went to town with him as a silent character, which I doubt they would have been able to commit to creatively).

Honestly he should have been human.
Since being stuck as a dog really restricted his potential and his ability to interact(all while its demeaning to his character)