Register now to remove this ad.
Foxy Socks

Will old emoticons return?

12 posts in this topic

Prior to the forums converting, there were more emoticons than there are now. Some are missing, such as Crackle. Is there a chance of them returning?

7 people brohoof this

I really hope so. I always miss the mischievious innocence. ;)On a mobile you have this. 😇

Spoiler

Maybe this one?

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by The Gobok
2 people brohoof this

It's been two years since we had the Holiday emotes. Now would be a great time to bring those back. 

Raritysmileywubxmastree.png

8 people brohoof this

Couple of things:

1) For some reason I don't understand there are more emotes there than it appears at first. When you open up the emote window, put : in the 'Find Emotes' box and more magically appear. Why? Frigga if I know. :okiedokieloki:

2) I know there used to be even more, but I don't have copies of them. The 'upgrade' did a lot of stuff that we didn't notice in the testing environment, and losing the winter-themed emotes and several others was one of the things. If I had copies of the old emotes, I could put them back. :fiery:

1 person brohoofs this

54 minutes ago, Fhaolan said:

1) For some reason I don't understand there are more emotes there than it appears at first. When you open up the emote window, put : in the 'Find Emotes' box and more magically appear. Why? Frigga if I know. :okiedokieloki:

They're under "Emoticons" if you click "Categories."

54 minutes ago, Fhaolan said:

2) I know there used to be even more, but I don't have copies of them. The 'upgrade' did a lot of stuff that we didn't notice in the testing environment, and losing the winter-themed emotes and several others was one of the things. If I had copies of the old emotes, I could put them back. :fiery:

Is it possible that there's a post or something that showed all of the emoticons, that was archived? Or maybe you could search on the forums for the different emoticon names and look on the Wayback Machine to see if any pages are in there? I know they'll exist somewhere in there, but finding them wouldn't be easy.

3 people brohoof this

2 hours ago, Fhaolan said:

Couple of things:

And what if users make/draw new emotes in within a contest or something? That would really cool in my opinion :o 

Edited by Princess Cadence Feri
3 people brohoof this

Actually, @Jeric; Out of curiosity do *you* have copies of the old emotes stuffed away somewhere? Given what you did in your post, I'm assuming you have a couple of the winter-themed ones? :please:

3 people brohoof this

31 minutes ago, Fhaolan said:

Actually, @Jeric; Out of curiosity do *you* have copies of the old emotes stuffed away somewhere? Given what you did in your post, I'm assuming you have a couple of the winter-themed ones? :please:

I think I have all of them minus Crackle since I wasn't involved in that one's creation. 

The holiday emotes I have ... yep ... found em. I'll shoot you the link. The others I'll need some time to find the folder. 

3 people brohoof this

Most of the holiday emotes are back, thanks to @Jeric.

Oh, and I created a quick Crackle one, because the old one seems to be completely gone. Still looking for any others.:crackle:

6 people brohoof this

Wow, I didn't know these even existed. Awesome. 

:pinkiecutehat::raritysillyhat:

3 people brohoof this

:crackle::flutterhat::applehat: It's good that the Hearth's Warming are back, and a new Crackle emoticon is.great. 

3 people brohoof this