Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Luna's Song (Orchestral)

Ocean Melody

I think it's beautiful!

My personal feedback is: The essence of the song is strong enough to keep it soft and simple - no reason for a climax like that - it shocked me out of the hypnotism of that smooth and lonely melody.

1 hour ago, Mirage said:

I think it's beautiful!

My personal feedback is: The essence of the song is strong enough to keep it soft and simple - no reason for a climax like that - it shocked me out of the hypnotism of that smooth and lonely melody.

I think the climax is well done, maybe even too soft. ;)

This sounds beautiful. The calm melody really brings you in the clouds.

Ok. 

It's a good piece. However, your main idea staled out, due to the fact you limited yourself to the iii, IV, V, and vi knowing you were in the key of C major. I suggest a key like Eb or Ab for a Luna piece because it gives a mysterious vibe as well. 

In terms of your instruments, they could use some humanization. Your choir had too much attack and needed more swell. Some soft horns would work with this piece, even some chimes as well. 

All in all, it's an ok piece. The main thing is that you need to develop your ideas more and choose your key wisely. 

8 hours ago, Mirage said:

I think it's beautiful!

6 hours ago, The Gobok said:

I think the climax is well done, maybe even too soft. ;)

This sounds beautiful. The calm melody really brings you in the clouds.

Thank you

5 hours ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

Ok. 

It's a good piece. However, your main idea staled out, due to the fact you limited yourself to the iii, IV, V, and vi knowing you were in the key of C major. I suggest a key like Eb or Ab for a Luna piece because it gives a mysterious vibe as well. 

In terms of your instruments, they could use some humanization. Your choir had too much attack and needed more swell. Some soft horns would work with this piece, even some chimes as well. 

All in all, it's an ok piece. The main thing is that you need to develop your ideas more and choose your key wisely. 

Thanks. I'll keep those things in mind for future songs.

Edited by Ocean Melody
  • Brohoof 1