Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why can't I seem to look up Forum Ranks anymore

ggg-2

Do you mean the ability to click your rank to view list of these? After the forum upgrade to newer version, that function isn't available anymore.

But why?

As far as I know, it was a custom feature, that is not compatible with the new version. They'd have to program it again. :twi: If I'm not mistaking, they would like to bring it back, but they're having problems with that. :P

On 24.06.2017 at 6:53 AM, Fhaolan said:

Problem is, a lot of the customization that was done to MLPF didn't carry over with the upgrade plus several add-ons we used were not available for 4.0.

On 24.06.2017 at 6:53 AM, Fhaolan said:

Unfortunately not long after the upgrade and before all the resulting issues from it had been fixed, we lost our dedicated MLPF developers to RL commitments. So we're kinda stuck until Feld0 and AppleDashPoni can get more developers hired on and assigned to MLPF or some of those other projects get completed so those people can come over here and help. :( 

You can still view these in:
Site Questions & Tech Support > Forum FAQ > Site Problems & Questions > What do the badges beneath a user's avatar indicate?

Edited by Rikifive
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Rikifive said:

but they're having problems with that. 

It was a lack of dedicated resources at the time those were posted. Compared to some of the other needs and requests, this is not as complex to recreate. When you say problems ... it certainly isn't ability or skill. 

• Brohoof 2

18 hours ago, Jeric said:

It was a lack of dedicated resources at the time those were posted. Compared to some of the other needs and requests, this is not as complex to recreate. When you say problems ... it certainly isn't ability or skill. 

"Problem" is a wide term indeed, but I didn't imply, that they don't know how to bring it back, due to lack of skills, even if it may seem like it. If there wouldn't be any problems, then that feature would probably exist today. :P 

• Brohoof 3

• 1 year later...

Update: The issue is still outstanding. Just dropping this here in case anyone stumbles upon this thread here. But I don't blame anyone for it. Checking back in, kinda feels like a lot of people have since departed but I could be wrong *shrug*

@StarStreak This feature is actively being worked on. A bunch of new minimum post ranks were announced, as were a subscriber badge and a few other things currently in the works. There was an FAQ page with all of the ranks, but that is now out of date with the new ranks added. It’s also missing the addition of the roleplay team that was added to staff. While you can’t click directly on the rank to see when the next is available, the information is on the site and we’re working to consolidate it in one place.

• Brohoof 1

On 11/26/2019 at 7:06 PM, Jetset Troblems said:

@StarStreak This feature is actively being worked on. A bunch of new minimum post ranks were announced, as were a subscriber badge and a few other things currently in the works. There was an FAQ page with all of the ranks, but that is now out of date with the new ranks added. It’s also missing the addition of the roleplay team that was added to staff. While you can’t click directly on the rank to see when the next is available, the information is on the site and we’re working to consolidate it in one place.

I'm happy to see that my statement is incorrect :), and even more elated that y'all still out here working hard.

• 6 months later...
  • The topic was locked