Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Did tempest shadow truly reform?

Mlppotterwhoovian

46 minutes ago, StrawCherry said:

Well, I don't think so because she was never evil to begin with. She was misunderstood and misunderstood the world in return.

She turned into diet King Sombra because she wanted her horn fixed, it’s up to you if you think she had a justifiable reason for what she did, but she was indisputably evil in her methods.

As for her being reformed, I’d say she’s as reformed as any other reformed villain. I don’t see any reason to say that she isn’t.

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, ShootingStar159 said:

She turned into diet King Sombra because she wanted her horn fixed,

Sombra never wanted, nor even needed (given his regeneration abilities), his horn fixed.

According to FIENDship, he wanted to escape his seeming destiny of becoming a monster, but then -- after one disappointment too many -- snapped and decided he might as well get his money's worth.

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, A.V. said:

Sombra never wanted, nor even needed (given his regeneration abilities), his horn fixed.

He wanted to escape his seeming destiny of becoming a monster, but then -- after one failure too many -- snapped and decided he might as well get his money's worth.

That’s comic canon, the only motivation we have for the show is, well, none. So I’m calling her diet Sombra in an actions sense, violence, enslavement, etc, instead of in a motivational sense. She doesn’t share his motives, but she certainly shares his methods.

Edited by ShootingStar159
  • Brohoof 2

Given that Tempest used the Staff of Sacanas herself to fix the collateral damage and restore the princesses, and did so right away without even talking about using it to heal her horn, I'd say she's reformed.  She didn't even attempt to steal it for herself, even though she probably could've and probably would've won if she had.

That said, Tempest might not know how to be good; Starlight has had...hiccups along her path, despite meaning well.  If Tempest's story gets explored in season 8, I'd expect her to have some hiccups, too.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, HereComesTom said:

Given that Tempest used the Staff of Sacanas herself to fix the collateral damage and restore the princesses, and did so right away without even talking about using it to heal her horn, I'd say she's reformed.  She didn't even attempt to steal it for herself, even though she probably could've and probably would've won if she had.

That, and she did so right after pulling a Darth Vader-style sacrifice against The Storm King.

• Brohoof 3

@A.V.

6 minutes ago, A.V. said:

According to FIENDship...

He wanted to escape his seeming destiny of becoming a monster, but then -- after one failure too many -- snapped and decided he might as well get his money's worth.

The comic's canonity is always debatable. Please be careful if you try to bring them as canon and expect everyone to know them. Because not everyone reads the comics. The comics can add, but what happens or is revealed in the show has the highest authority. Fair warning.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

She did evil things and clearly enjoyed them at the time, she was corrupt and evil, it was when the magic of friendship was thrown in her face that made her realize what she did was wrong. So yeah, she did fully reform and is probably leading the storm creatures to a better future on their home island.

• 4 weeks later...

I think she has reformed but will still make many mistakes along the way. She will still face temptations to return to her old ways and will probably have a few run-ins with discord to help her see her weaknesses as he also has been through a similar experience.

Her horn will probably be completely restored once she is fully reformed.