Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Check out my Yakut OC Group

SkyPie

If you don't know, Yakut ponies are a rare breed of horse that live in arctic environments. So that got me thinking, what if I made Yakut ponies in the MLP world? So here's their story:

In the beginning, the Yakut didn't have wings or horns. They were just Earth ponies that acted like real horses in that they ate plants from the ground and slept outside. But eventually they evolved to have their own language but still lived wild. A large amount of ponies from Equestria decided to get on a boat and explore the world, which is how they discovered the wintry country of Yakutia. Intrigued by this species like them but not, the ponies went out of their way to teach the Yakut their language and some ponies and Yakuts grew close to each other, which is how Yakut unicorns and pegasai came to be. Breeding with ponies also provided a larger variety of coat colors, since pure Yakuts had only very light blue, silver, and white coats to match their environment. Now they have pink, purple, green etc. But they are only very icy and light colors. Some Yakuts have evolved into a less bulky and heavy body so it'd be possible for them to fly as pegasai. One particular silver Yakut earth pony discovered a sparkling icicle deep down in a cave and once she made contact with it, transformed her into an Alicorn. The Equestrian ponies explained that Alicorns in their land become the rulers so that is how this Yakut Alicorn became princess of her land. The ponies left soon after, since the cold was not for them, promising to tell their people about this incredible country. They crashed into a glacier and never made it, which is why no one in Equestria knows of the Yakut or their Alicorn.

Things I forgot to mention: Those with wings have extra thick feathers to keep them warm. And the Yakut are basically short, thick coated Equestrian ponies. The ponies taught them how to build their own homes and cook food (though they have refused to do so since they prefer their plants right from the ground. They have tried cooked and it always too hot in their stomachs. Though they do prepare it to make different meals, like a salad. They also have a secure greenhouse to plant seeds that the Equestrians gave them so they can have something besides grass, leaves, and flowers to eat.)

If you don't feel like looking a Yakut pony up, here is an image:

yakut4.jpg

Edited by Pink Feather