Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc FRACTURED FUTURES: Crystal Expedition (closed/OOC)

GoldieS

@Denim&Venom

So she has recent pictures of the area? Interesting.

Thing is though, Lektra ha nothing else to say and is waiting for Twi. You're writing her too, so like what's she been doing all this time?

Really have no idea how to proceed without her input there as well.

Lektra had a wet daydream just holding her hoof before bringing her over there

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Lektra Bolt said:

@Denim&Venom

So she has recent pictures of the area? Interesting.

Thing is though, Lektra ha nothing else to say and is waiting for Twi. You're writing her too, so like what's she been doing all this time?

Really have no idea how to proceed without her input there as well.

Lektra had a wet daydream just holding her hoof before bringing her over there

Probably save Twi's response after everypony else has spoken.

• Brohoof 2

@Denim&Venom @Lektra Bolt @woodchunks66

Just don't go too overboard on predictions and whatnot. We already have plans for what's going on with the area. So either those images aren't up to date, or they're flat out a lie... probably a lie! Robot's probably trying to do something seedy... you know how evil robots are! Can't trust em'... or... golems... whatever we're calling Luster. 

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, GoldieS said:

Just don't go too overboard on predictions and whatnot. We already have plans for what's going on with the area. So either those images aren't up to date, or they're flat out a lie... probably a lie! Robot's probably trying to do something seedy... you know how evil robots are! Can't trust em'... or... golems... whatever we're calling Luster. 

Construct is the technical term, golem is another term.

I'd like to avoid using the word robot :)

• Brohoof 2

3 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Construct is the technical term, golem is another term.

I'd like to avoid using the word robot :)

6 minutes ago, GoldieS said:

Omg Luster......Let's just go!!:okiedokieloki:

• Brohoof 2

Tyrant trio though? Sounds like the captain needs to have a visit with Twi and explain why he feels they're a tyrant trio.

I guess Quick/Blade can just talk random while we we wait and I'll do that when I have some time, if I have some time. I'm sure @Denim&Venomdoing Twilight's side of things can get through to her, even if it means Luster comes along.

Hey what do you guys think of Luster coming along? I mean there has to be a way to get the company moving that she would agree to, otherwise this is a full stop to the RP and we don't want that, do we?

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, GoldieS said:

@Lektra Bolt

So... tell the people he thinks are the tyrants, that they are tyrants (in the figurative sense of the word), and have both his loyalty and job called into question? Not a chance...

Haha.....that has never worked out in the history of the world! 

But maybe it could lead to some interesting controversy!

12 hours ago, GoldieS said:

@Lektra Bolt

So... tell the people he thinks are the tyrants, that they are tyrants (in the figurative sense of the word), and have both his loyalty and job called into question? Not a chance...

Why would he even think this though? The city is almost utopian and it's so good there no one wants to leave

• Brohoof 1

@GoldieS

Whoa there. Ok now we're being weird.

The real Blade has been out in combat many times, and does exist. She knows Candor and he should know her. I'm fine with her watching AJ but come on now you're building my character's background here without me. She's not green and she knows what she's doing, so if anyone would suspect they're not real, she would about Candor. That and his evaluation grade would tank as well that he doesn't recognize this is normal for her AFTER she gets the troops ready, which had been suggested in my previous post when Lektra flew by noticing her. Quick as Blade is not a slacker, and doesn't deserve to have a mistake of Candor reflecting on her company.

They're all ready, she's all ready, and she literally has nothing to do other than talk about random things. Asking if there are any new orders.

Sorry if I somehow didn't make that clear enough before 

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

@Lektra Bolt

Hey, that's now how it seemed from where I was sitting. Blurting out like that in front of a superior officer is NOT okay. Plus, we never said they knew each other. I was just filling in the blanks. All he's doing is delivering some collective punishment for her being disrespectful. This is a professional military after all. :sneer:

Plus, try to remember most of these are assumptions in the captain's head. That doesn't necessarily mean it's the case...

Edited by GoldieS
  • Brohoof 2

You're right we never established they actually know each other. I would like to suggest something though that's been underutilized. We have a citywide information network that I'd been suggesting. It's not the internet obviously, but military records are accessible to members of the military. He should background check Blade and realize Quick is acting the part correctly, that she has many commendations, and that she only feels bored when she really has nothing to do.

Public records are for regular residents, and include historical archives and public spell archives. Home Brew Magitek contests are common, where entrants are tasked with using enchantments in new and previously unknown ways :P

Right now Candor has these notes: "Firm but fair. Doesn't look up his subordinates records"

Disrespectful in what way though? This is my first foray into military type RP, honestly

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 2

@Lektra Bolt the captain has literally a thousand troops just thrown into his command for this. You think he can look up everyone's record in the span of a few hours? Plus, they aren't going to describe all attitudes and dispositions, just qualifications and commendations. Even so, it doesn't matter what the records say she's like, she's still acting in a way that's inappropriate. 

But... you don't speak so informally to your superior, especially in front of their superiors. Plus, you never EVER tell your superior your bored... It's like saying "Hey, you're not giving me enough to do, so you're doing something wrong here." That's why he ordered her to bring her company to formation in front of him. So he could give them something to do... and punish her for being rude. 

No second chances, no warnings. A soldier, especially one in a leadership position, should already know what's acceptable and what's not. This is discipline. 

Lastly, I'm trying to figure stuff out to keep things interesting in this RP while we wait around in the city... he doesn't give a damn what kinda score he's gonna get cus he doesn't know she's even there. 

• Brohoof 2

Fair enough. This was the way I wanted her to say she wants orders and let's say Blade has a bit of inappropriate in her history. I guess this is orders huh? ^_^ Me being  a greenhorn myself doing a character who isn't is going to be funny :wacko:

So @Denim&Venom is gonna be downsizing the group. Blade's company can fly, slower than the Air company but they can. The Ground company can't, and neither can Candor.

How are we doing this guys? Who's going? Is the entire Earth Pony regiment going to be told to go back to the barracks with the Magic and Air companies downsizing? Candor can take a flying vehicle type construct

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 2

Just now, Lektra Bolt said:

Fair enough. This was the way I wanted her to say she wants orders and let's say Blade has a bit of inappropriate in her history. I guess this is orders huh? ^_^ Me being  a greenhorn myself doing a character who isn't is going to be funny :wacko:

So @Denim&Venom is gonna be downsizing the group. Blades company can fly, slower than the Air company but they can. The Ground company can't, and neither can Candor.

How are we doing this guys? Who's going? Is the entire Earth Pony regiment going to be told to go back to the barracks with the Magic and Air companies downsizing? Candor can take a flying vehicle type construct

Well, I intentioned that they all take zeppelins and just fly.  

• Brohoof 3

2 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Well, I intentioned that they all take zeppelins and just fly.  

Of course you mean air specialized constructs that go a bit faster than 300 year old zeppelins, but like if we're downsizing to around 600 (?) how many of each company are going? Who's first and who's reinforcement?

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, GoldieS said:

@Denim&Venom @Lektra Bolt

Airships. Agreed. However, the weather is rather frightful in this new world, not always the safest option... but the quickest. 

Candor would prefer more heavies than scouts or magic. He's a ground infantry kinda guy. Guess we're ditching the golems though. 

I was actually thinking the golems could fly the company, but they need to be downsized too. Maybe instead of 40 we take like 6? 3 for each group

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 2