Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Equestrian military ranking?

Unlikeable Pony

Do you think there's a military in Equestria besides the Royal guard? And are the wonderbolts a military organization for defending the nation, or just for show? And if the wonderbolts are a military, what do you think their ranks are?

Did the EUP dissapear completely or is it still in existence? And who do you think replaced Shining armor as the head of the royal guard?

I think that the Royal Guards are the main, but likely not the only military force in Equestria. Like most countries' militaries, they're likely split off into different groups with the Royal Guard being what guards the castle and princesses (obviously), while the wonderbolts (due to their rankings being in line with the Airforce and badges aswell as them being called in to stop the Ursa Minor that one time) are the Airforce, so at the very least we have enough evidence to say that there are ATLEAST two different military branches in Equestria. However, I do believe that there are more even though we have no evidence of them such as a Coast Guard of sorts (not in the sense of actually guarding the coast, but to help ponies trapped out in the ocean and such. Though, there seems to be no evidence of a Marine or National Guard type of branch in Equestria.

The EUP in my opinion, still exists, I would say why I believe this but it would spoil plot points from the new movie. Finally, yes, Shining Armor would HAVE to be replaced as the Head of the Royal Guard due to this basically being the General of the Army retiring; somebody would HAVE to take that position since it was so important.

Edited by Twilight Karamel
Fixed Grammar

EUP disbanded with the advent of gunpowder. Pegs and earthies can literally do nothing if you start unloading big fat "party cannons" on them. They need unicorns to protect them, but that just means unicorns cannot "end the party" as easily, especially if "party supplies" are warded and guarded. And let's face it: the "iron confetti" could as easily mince all but a select few unicorns. A good "party organizer" who keeps their "party supplies" hidden and well-placed can always force Equestria into a pyrrhic victory.

The new captain is Fizzlepop Berrytwist. It's all a part of the villain rehab program built on mutual trust and respect. What can go wrong?