Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning FF: The Less You Know (OOC)

GoldieS

@WiiGuy2014

@GoldieS

Done. Now here's a couple of questions. You still don't know the why or how.

1. How do you guys prefer to find out the why and how? OOC or IC?

2. Reformed Chrysalis or Original Recipe Chrysalis that transforms later? Can change that, still. Figure in 300 years she would transform

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

@Lektra Bolt @GoldieS

Well, Finally a RP with "Butterfly Chrysalis" as I would call her if she DOES reform in the show. A great idea, but with one problem.

Well, I jumped into this RP without realizing that apparently hundreds of years have passed since the show. My mind is still seeing the show events as recent. Wished you were clear on that before I agreed to this! :dry:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

>.> well, we've mentioned it numerous times in the main chat. Plus, the main page of our world building thread mentions as such... and... well... it's a world building thread. 

When you expressed interest, I assumed you at least read the first post...

Edited by GoldieS

Where exactly? All I read was that it involved Changeling factions. Most of the rest of the stuff involved Techno and Lektra discussing math, which made me just look at only the recent postings and not the whole thing.

Can you post a link to the post in planning that explicitly says this

Edited by WiiGuy2014
Can you post a link to the post in planning that explicitly says this
  • Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

@Lektra Bolt @GoldieS

Well, Finally a RP with "Butterfly Chrysalis" as I would call her if she DOES reform in the show. A great idea, but with one problem.

Well, I jumped into this RP without realizing that apparently hundreds of years have passed since the show. My mind is still seeing the show events as recent. Wished you were clear on that before I agreed to this! :dry:

This can be a descendant or he could secretly have been here already and wearing a Temporal Field Implant to have existed back then if you would really like. Chrysalis is known by all the changelings and there are stories I'm sure. Even if we assume he was born in the present time line he would know her and could be excited if that's what you had intended.

Secondly, would you guys be ok with Butterfly Form or would you rather she's black still? That's the part I'm not sure about and asking for input before we continue 

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

This is one of many mentions. In addition to that... it's literally the first post in the first OOC thread you posted in. If you're not interested in continuing because of this, you can leave at any time. 

1 minute ago, Lektra Bolt said:

This can be a descendant or he could secretly have been here already and wearing a Temporal Field Implant to have existed back then if you would really like. Chrysalis is known by all the changelings and there are stories I'm sure. Even if we assume he was born in the present time line he would know her and could be excited if that's what you had intended.

Secondly, would you guys be ok with Butterfly Form or would you rather she's black still? That's the part I'm not sure about and asking for input

About the first paragraph: Well as I did in another RP, U. Will soul-jumped 20 years into the future of Equestria with his memories of those 20 years locked away, so he was talking to Fluttercord's children without realizing he mentally time-traveled to the future. You might be on to something with that Temporal Field Impact thing if you could elaborate on that.

As for her appearance, I don't know. Let me think on that.

@GoldieS

Sorry if I offended you. Can you give me a moment to read the link?

• Brohoof 2

@WiiGuy2014

No no please don't quit as suggested. There is a thing I'm keeping back that will explain Chrysalis existence, and it's a completely out of left field thing. If her presence is what's causing you distress I could fix the inconvenience by spoiling the why and how right now in the OOC.

Otherwise if that's not it I'm sorry. I'm so sorry if it's my fault friend. I really thought you'd enjoy this world and the RPs that come with it

The Temporal Field Implant is a magical McGuffin I created that allows Lektra and any necessary characters to stop aging, so as to be able to RP in future time line RPs where normally she would have died long ago. This is what's allowing the Manes and associated characters to exist as well. It's not something I give out since it's an important plot device for RPs I'm in that take place in the future.

Will could have secretly been visiting Ponyville for years and had one given to him by Lektra, so he's that old and none of the changelings know

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 2

Just now, WiiGuy2014 said:

EDIT: well, I didn't see that huge Update box in the link @GoldieS sent me until right this moment! I'll need some time to read the thing.

And whoa, hold your ponies, @Lektra Bolt! Did I say "I quit"? No, just give some time to process all this.

Phew. Okay.

BTW added an edit to how the Temporal Field Implant works

• Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

@WiiGuy2014

The Temporal Field Implant is a magical McGuffin I created that allows Lektra and any necessary characters to stop aging, so as to be able to RP in future time line RPs where normally she would have died long ago. This is what's allowing the Manes and associated characters to exist as well. It's not something I give out since it's an important plot device for RPs I'm in that take place in the future.

Will could have secretly been visiting Ponyville for years and had one given to him by Lektra, so he's that old and none of the changelings know

Yeah, that could work. 

Honestly, I'm still open to the idea that Will is actually 2 souls in one body. For now, we'll let Changeling Will be my main character. If the story allows the chance for a Disney-storytelling moment from Unicorn Will to happen, I'll let him come out and play.

• Brohoof 2

Just now, WiiGuy2014 said:

Yeah, that could work. 

Honestly, I'm still open to the idea that Will is actually 2 souls in one body. For now, we'll let Changeling Will be my main character. If the story allows the chance for a Disney-storytelling moment from Unicorn Will to happen, I'll let him come out and play.

Ok cool, then he's been here and has been pretending that he hasn't? Lektra knows him and has been giving his implant maintenance every 5 years, but we're not letting that on, are we?

Chrissy on the other hoof, is complicated and up to you if you want to know by PM, and if he would recognize her here

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@WiiGuy2014

Were's all this new stuff coming from? I'm afraid I can't have him in Zephyrs group if he has implants... let alone has been to the city regularly to get them tuned up. These guys aren't stupid... When we initially discussed it in PM and OC, none of that was discussed. It's fine to plan stuff out if it doesn't directly effect whats already happening, but I made those arrangements to accommodate what you told me...

Edited by GoldieS

Hmm your changelings are independent somewhat. It's really out of the question that Will disappears once every five years to visit the city secretly for one day?

Has he been under constant supervision the whole time?

Trying to come up with wonderful ideas so we don't have a paradox

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

They are... but first and foremost, consider where your city IS. You know, the whole wildlands thing? Plus, we're not talking disappear for months on end independence, we're talking creativity and thinking.

Additionally, think about what I've tried to describe so far about these changelings. They are 100% about biology and the body. They even manipulate their own forms to get what they want. You don't think they might notice some foreign implants on one of their own? I'm not even mentioning the 'selection process' I mentioned to @WiiGuy2014 cus I didn't spell it out word for word... but I'm guessing it's rather thorough if their trying to raise leaders...

@WiiGuy2014 @Lektra Bolt

I'm willing to compromise, however it will completely change the scope of the RP... if you're still interested, say as much. 

Edited by GoldieS

Usually, the soul-jumping thing my OCs have is something no Changeling would detect, because it's the soul, not the body that moves. But I guess Will's body could have been raised to be a potential leader from birth, but his mind come from years ago. His memories could be locked away so that he believes he's been raised in House Pisces all his life

I'm considering turning this RP into a prisoner exchange, based on your guys' previous thoughts. Will will not be a leader if he's unstable, has implants, or suspected of suspicious activity. It's a selection process, not a creation from birth thing, remember our PM?