Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning FF: The Less You Know (OOC)

GoldieS

@Lektra Bolt

Hey, I'm sorry, but if we're going to keep stopping every two posts to discuss this kinda thing, I'm done. It's really sapped all the fun out of this for me, and I have plenty of other RPs going on that I actually enjoy. I had high hopes for all this, but clearly that was way off. Half the time I have no idea how to respond because I'm worried I'm not doing something right, the other time I'm sitting here trying to justify my own character's responses to you, even though I still don't get a hell of a lot of stuff your characters think. I don't stop everything to demand answers, I carry on, and my character tries to inquire about it, subtly in this case. 

Not to mention the OC part of this RP has turned into an absolute dumpster fire, with half the people not even having a clue what character's they're playing, and the other half trying to figure out when everyone's going to post. And that's on top of all the other random junk. I've hosted MANY rp's before, but the one time I try to collaborate with everyone it turns into a nightmare. 

Isn't that what OOC threads are about though? A healthy/active OOC thread means to me at least, a lot of ideas being discussed and clarified.

I'm sorry you feel this way. Really sorry. I dunno about @WiiGuy2014but I appreciate you Gold, please don't stop. I always feel the same way, so I come and ask you to tell me how terrible I'm doing. I feel I'm doing pretty terrible if it's making you feel this way. Please understand that I'm really sorry causing you distress like this, and I'll try to ask for help on the more serious stuff instead.

Not sure what you mean by OC dumpster pile though. I've got myself and Chrissy and I'm conformable with that

Edited by Lektra Bolt

(edited)

@Lektra Bolt

Sorry, I meant OOC dumpster fire. I'm fine with an active OOC chat, but most of the stuff we talk about here make me smack my head. Like the airship thing. Some of the most trivial things, that could be decided by one person (you in this case) are dragged out for several weeks (And it stops the entire RP). I guarantee we're never actually going to talk about what the airships look like, let alone how many people are on them throughout the course of this RP. So why does it take two weeks to figure out how they'll work? That's fine in the other world building thread... but here?

And no, you're not doing a terrible job, not in the actual RP itself. The only thing that frustrates me is this demand for you to know literally everything about my character's history, plans, feelings, thoughts, and actions, even when Lektra shouldn't know ANYTHING about him. You're constantly questioning my posts, yet I haven't ever done that to you. That makes me dread posting, makes me feel as though I'm doing something wrong somehow, yet I can't figure out what. 

Edited by GoldieS
  • Brohoof 1

Oh! Well Denim and I couldn't agree for a while, sorry about that. I'm a detail oriented person, and it reflects in everything I do, writing RP included.

The air of mystery is precisely what we're confused about. If we knew more about him OOC, it might be easier IC. The more confused we get the more we feel we're doing a terrible job at everything, you see.

Right now I feel I'm doing pretty terrible if it's making you feel like this. I'm so sorry, please don't quit........ 

It's not an air of mystery. There's nothing sketchy or hidden, your character just doesn't (and shouldn't) know. Do you expect me to create an in depth backstory for the hundreds of characters I've needed to use in any given RP? I could ask you to do the same thing about the person at the front desk that gave them the visitors pass. I don't even know if I'm actually ever going to use Zephyr again. 

And again, I don't understand why you're confused about something your character shouldn't even know...

Well no, but I know how OOC knowledge works and I don't abuse it if you're worried about that. It just helps to know more so I could reply adequate is all.

You'll probably use him again sometime, he's cool. It took a while to find an RP where Chrissy fit in also.

This latest post just has me really confused on how to respond, but I don't wanna irritate you any further discussing it so uh, can I just promise I'll probably mess it up spectacularly? :wacko:

Edited by Lektra Bolt

That's just it. YOU CAN'T MESS IT UP!!! not 'you can't or you're not playing anymore'. Can't as in 'it is your character's free will'. You literally can't mess up in an RP like this as long as you don't god mod or something, or read minds, or whatever. There is literally NO WRONG DECISION.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

It's fine. Just, to put it in perspective, I don't care if your character decides to arrest mine out of the blue or something. Heck, they could decide to declare war on the changelings if she wanted to. It's her decision. I'll react to it accordingly. Just like my character can do the same, and your character reacts to it. 

I just don't want to keep having these conversations. 

Edited by GoldieS

@Lektra Bolt @GoldieS

You're both good people, but this particular RP just doesn't work for me. I got lost and don't have any goal for Will the Changeling to do. It sounds like you were moving the story on okay without me. And that's fine.

If anyone's to blame for me not having fun with this RP, it's me. I hopped on board not knowing what the main direction of the RP was. As a result, I couldn't really come up with a move/post that satisfied everyone. I'm sorry. I humbly request to be written out.

I think it's best to just say in time, Will stayed with the Ponies of Lektra's city (in disguise, of course) until he felt comfortable showing his true self.

Once again, I apologize and hope that you'll forgive me for biting off more than I can chew.

2 minutes ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

@Lektra Bolt @GoldieS

You're both good people, but this particular RP just doesn't work for me. I got lost and don't have any goal for Will the Changeling to do. It sounds like you were moving the story on okay without me. And that's fine.

If anyone's to blame for me not having fun with this RP, it's me. I hopped on board not knowing what the main direction of the RP was. As a result, I couldn't really come up with a move/post that satisfied everyone. I'm sorry. I humbly request to be written out.

I think it's best to just say in time, Will stayed with the Ponies of Lektra's city (in disguise, of course) until he felt comfortable showing his true self.

Once again, I apologize and hope that you'll forgive me for biting off more than I can chew.

Aww! Are you sure? I'd hoped that once the delegation had a good visit Chrissy and Will could go and have their own adventure around the city. If you'd like we could do that now, but you seem pretty set in your decision :(

Edited by Lektra Bolt

1 minute ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Aww! Are you sure? I'd hoped that once the delegation had a good visit Chrissy and Will could go and have their own adventure around the city. If you'd like we could do that now, but you seem pretty set in your decision :(

I'm sorry. It's just I have no clue how Will would react since most of the conflict right now is between Zephyr and OC Lektra Bolt. 

If it was just a simple chat between a nicer version of Chrysalis and a Changeling like Will talking about how their lives have changed for the better, I could very easily write and work with that. When you're ready to do an In-Character RP between a nice Chrysalis and either version of Will Guide talking about that kind of thing, let me know.

Sorry, I had a bit more planned to include him as a central theme before things changed with him. When that happened, I kinda had no idea how to work with it. 

3 minutes ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

I'm sorry. It's just I have no clue how Will would react since most of the conflict right now is between Zephyr and OC Lektra Bolt. 

If it was just a simple chat between a nicer version of Chrysalis and a Changeling like Will talking about how their lives have changed for the better, I could very easily write and work with that. When you're ready to do an In-Character RP between a nice Chrysalis and either version of Will Guide talking about that kind of thing, let me know.

I'm ready right now, and they could just go off on their own if you'd like?

Unless you mean a separate RP, which is fine also 

Edited by Lektra Bolt

Just now, Lektra Bolt said:

Well that's bittersweet, but ok just make the OOC when you're ready and mention me.

Sure I can start the RP and OOC when I'm ready. I'll give it an appropriate title.

And by the way, if you haven't deleted our shared PM, we can still talk there, member to member.:)

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

Sure I can start the RP and OOC when I'm ready. I'll give it an appropriate title.

And by the way, if you haven't deleted our shared PM, we can still talk there, member to member.:)

Any way to convince you to stick around though? Maybe Gold has some ideas?

@GoldieS

I'm sorry, but there's no way I could properly act in-character since as the player, I don't know what Will and Zephyr have been through in the past. Not to mention Will knows nothing about Lektra's city, so he wouldn't be able to guide anyone.

That's why I stopped playing. How can I properly play as if I am the character if I know absolutely nothing about the characters in the story and how to properly respond to them???

I don't wait to derail this OOC, so we can continue to discuss this in the PM we started weeks ago. And honestly, I'm too busy to do any deep thinking right now. 

9 minutes ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

I'm sorry, but there's no way I could properly act in-character since as the player, I don't know what Will and Zephyr have been through in the past. Not to mention Will knows nothing about Lektra's city, so he wouldn't be able to guide anyone

@GoldieS he's right, Zephyr didn't answer his loss of memory question.

9 minutes ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

That's why I stopped playing. How can I properly play as if I am the character if I know absolutely nothing about the characters in the story and how to properly respond to them???

Well the other characters don't know anything about your character either. Chrissy has told him her Chrysalis but not quite Chrysalis origin, but she still knows nothing about him or Zephyr too. That's the point of the visit, mutual learning about each other :)

Will is free to ask for information too.

There's plenty of RP left here, which is why I'm so sad you're wanting to be written out :(

Edited by Lektra Bolt