Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private FF: The Less You Know

GoldieS

Zephyr nodded. "Oh! Yes, that would suffice." He replied to Lektra, before noting the Receptionist. 

The fireflies gave each other uncertain looks, as did Zephyr, when she offered the visitor passes. Zephyr already seemed to know what to do with his, clipping it to the fin between his two horns, a rather awkward spot all things considered, but there really wasn't many other places to place it. His retinue of six did the same, facing similar wardrobe challenges. 

Unfortunately, the lift wasn't exactly big enough for all of them to ride at the same time, so of course Zephyr stepped in behind Lektra along with two of his smaller 'drone' companions, while the fireflies and last to drones waited downstairs with the guards. 

"Interesting. Your military presence seems... unnecessary, excessive even. Once again I feel as though this is intentional for the sake of my visit..." He added suspiciously as the elevator ascended. "Perhaps not. I've heard pony societies can be quite inefficient at times."

"Mm... no matter. Are the grubs in this facility in class at this time? I was also wondering how you accommodate refugee children and orphans. Do you use separate facilities or are they integrated?"

sig-4707729.sig-4629275.sig-4629275.sig-

@GoldieS@WiiGuy2014

We eventually made it up to the right floor, number 28, needing multiple trips to account for size. On the way I tried to console Zephyr's worry. "Please understand, the presence of police is not due to your visit. Alloy Legion troops are police and vice versa. We don't have dedicated police, and there is safety everywhere. It keeps crime rate down that troops and constructs watch for trouble, though being at their posts can get monotonous. We have a time system for rotation and constructs relieve the guards at times, to allow for adequate rest." At the mention of this I yawned, as I'd been up for more than 24 hours.

Chrissy changed to her Unicorn form, sporting a white coat and losing the wings. Her mane and tail stayed messy green, and she gained an emerald green heart shaped Cutie Mark. She felt more comfortable around ponies in this form. Turning to Zephyr she answered his question instead of me, as I'd just moved to open my mouth. "Classes are almost completed for the day, but the facility is always open for after school activities and late night projects. The young ones should be in rooms along the hall, and once they had passed city orientation migrant children aren't treated any different."

Indeed they were, and if one were to look in they would see this. Children were sitting at desks while a professor lectured. There was a magical holo projector for visual aids and they had their own school issued holo UI necklace to facilitate taking notes. I waited for Zephyr to decide which class he was interested in seeing, adjusting my Visitor's Pass necklace.

Chrissy meanwhile turned to Will. "Have you ever seen pony children in a school like this? What is your school experience?" Of coursed ponies was relative, and one could see other Equestrian species mixed in with the ponies as well

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

@Lektra Bolt

For a while, Will fell into a mindless state and just follow the group, staying close to Chrissy. He, by instinct, put on his red unicorn disguise when they entered a public place full of ponies, just in case. 

Chrissy's question finally did snapped Will out of his unresponsive state. "Sorry guys, for whatever reason, I seemed to lost my memory of whether I had a school experience." 

@GoldieS

"Zephyr, can you please remind me if I had one?"

Edited by WiiGuy2014
  • Brohoof 1

@Lektra Bolt @WiiGuy2014

Zephyr stepped up to the door with Lektra to take a look inside. He glanced at all the students, supposedly some of the younger ones, quite studious and focused on whatever task they were on. He frowned. There was just something... off about it. The changeling pretended to himself he didn't know what it was... but he did. It was precisely why changelings needed to rule. This place, was nothing more than a factory. 

After peaking into a few more rooms, he settled on the youngest room he could find. "If you would please." He gestured to the door for Lektra, right before Will asked his question... the gall...

"Don't insult me." He replied indignantly to Will. "Everything I knew about you was apparently a lie. I have no idea who you even are anymore, let alone what your childhood was like." 

The question angered him once again. This was turning into an unpleasant trip, but at least he would be interacting with random ponies and creatures. With any luck, he could get a real feel for what life was like here. Then again, he had a striking suspicion he already knew what they would say in front of Lektra, or anyone of any importance for that matter.