Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rainbow Dash in Season 7

St3venp

Parental Glideance, though that one was more of a duo episode with Scootaloo, and it was one of her best episodes in a while. Still with that said, there were still probably about 4 episodes where she had a major role(Campfire Tales, Daring Done and Secrets and Pies), and she was pretty good for the most part apart from Daring Done's awful climax. Only thing I didn't like how most of her appearances were canniblized by Pinkie Pie

Still a fuckton better than what she got in S6 at least

Edited by Kiryu-Chan
  • Brohoof 4

57 minutes ago, St3venp said:

Is it just me, or did rainbow dash not get a single solo episode in the season. She is my favourite character and I wanna watch more of her.

Well, I think she doesn't need one anymore. She has proven herself.

Yeah, she did look a little cheated this season alongside AJ and Spike, but at least this season she was written pretty well for the most part!

In season 8, what she needs is more development to her Wonderbolt arc. I think the show should take a break with Daring Do at least.

10 minutes ago, MegaSean45 said:

In season 8, what she needs is more development to her Wonderbolt arc. I think the show should take a break with Daring Do at least.

Why not the best of both worlds? I still want that "Spitfire Meets Daring Do" episode

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Kiryu-Chan said:

Why not the best of both worlds? I still want that "Spitfire Meets Daring Do" episode

I'd like to see that, and maybe have Spitfire & AK Yearling not get along; like a reverse Triple Threat. Rainbow Dash would have to come to terms with her two idols not liking each other.

• Brohoof 7

5 minutes ago, PathfinderCS said:

I'd like to see that, and maybe have Spitfire & AK Yearling not get along; like a reverse Triple Threat. Rainbow Dash would have to come to terms with her two idols not liking each other.

I've actually had the same idea myself ;)

Daring Duo - Rainbow Dash's idols meet when she and Spitfire join Daring Do on another adventure, however their journey goes downhill when Spitfire and Daring Do constantly butt heads

• Brohoof 1

It was somewhat deserved. Rainbow Dash got too many episodes like AJ and Rarity did in Season 6, though most of them actually meant a lot to her (mainly Newbie Dash and Stranger Than Fan Fiction, but certainly NOT 28 Pranks Later!). Only important episode in Season 7 for her was indeed Parental Glideance, and maybe Campfire Tales as well, but the other two were just PinkieDash junk.

Don't even expect Rainbow Dash to get much of Season 8. For all I care, I'm done with her now. I don't even want to see a Rainbow/Spike episode at all. I'd rather see a Spike/Fluttershy one instead anyway.

Edited by FirePuppy

The Spitfire and AK Yearling episode concept has promise. Other solid ideas that I've mentioned before are a return of Lightning Dust and possibly Rainbow having to assume a leadership role if Spitfire can't. 

There is a LOT of untapped story potential with Dash, probably more than most of the Mane Six. 

As far as Season 7, Dash was handled fairly well across the board and is central to an episode that has to be in the discussion for top three of the season. At the time it aired it was my favorite this season. 

I think at this juncture we should try and look past things like 'solo' appearances and look holistically at how the character is presented and executed. How dynamics and interactions work out. The show is almost completely an ensemble piece at this point that even small moments can be appreciated if done correctly. 

• Brohoof 1

We need more mob pranking of RD and Wonderbolts acting like shit. Besides those very important aspects I'd like to renew my plea for Daring Dash Origin. Oh great Kek in meme heaven, read this wish and make it true!

16 hours ago, FirePuppy said:

It was somewhat deserved. Rainbow Dash got too many episodes like AJ and Rarity did in Season 6, though most of them actually meant a lot to her (mainly Newbie Dash and Stranger Than Fan Fiction, but certainly NOT 28 Pranks Later!). Only important episode in Season 7 for her was indeed Parental Glideance, and maybe Campfire Tales as well, but the other two were just PinkieDash junk.

Don't even expect Rainbow Dash to get much of Season 8. For all I care, I'm done with her now. I don't even want to see a Rainbow/Spike episode at all. I'd rather see a Spike/Fluttershy one instead anyway.

She gets a lot of episodes because there's a bigger variety of things they can do with her than most of the others. They still need to expand on her Wonderbolts role and her relationship with Scootaloo has only gotten more interesting. Also, you're crazy if you think they're gonna ignore their most iconic character next to Pinkie Pie. Even if she doesn't get many solo episodes, she'll be a major character in a good few of them at least.

On 12/5/2017 at 6:49 AM, Hieroklicious said:

Well, I think she doesn't need one anymore. She has proven herself.

That doesn't mean she shouldn't be given episodes. 

• Brohoof 1

Yep, and it's part of what made season 7 a weaker season for me.

17 hours ago, FirePuppy said:

Well, unlike you, I and many others are far from done with her character, and I expect RD to get quite a bit more screen time next season than what she got in this season. Also a Rainbow/Spike episode would be great, because at least they have some chemistry and are interesting together, unlike what a boring, contrived and weak Fluttershy/Spike episode would entail.

15 hours ago, Goat-kun said:

We need more mob pranking of RD and Wonderbolts acting like shit.

No.

What we need is a retcon of those two shitty episodes.

Lightning Dust is a character that could be from some kind of extreme sports background. An episode of an extreme Pegasus sport/show. It could be headed by a Pegasus that Spitfire knows with a difference in ideology. Lightning Dust is one of their top Pegasus. It could be sold as an avenue where Wonderbolt outcasts that are talented can go.

If Wonderbolts is the WWE then this would be like one of those other companies like TNA, Ring of Honor, etc.

Edited by Singe

3 hours ago, bluseymoe said:

That doesn't mean she shouldn't be given episodes. 

No, it definitly doesn't, but it is more important to give characters episodes when they need it. ;) 

3 hours ago, Nsxile said:

Well, unlike you, I and many others are far from done with her character, and I expect RD to get quite a bit more screen time next season than what she got in this season. Also a Rainbow/Spike episode would be great, because at least they have some chemistry and are interesting together, unlike what a boring, contrived and weak Fluttershy/Spike episode would entail.

Whatever, I'm not expecting to see any Daring Do adventures next season, so that's a minus.

I don't even see any real proof over why Dash deserves an episode with Spike more than Fluttershy does. For what I know, Flutters still may have a fear of dragons, and Spike can help her development by overcoming that fear so she can befriend Ember. So I still think Dash is a harder character to put in a Spike episode than Fluttershy under my thoughts.

1 hour ago, FirePuppy said:

So I still think Dash is a harder character to put in a Spike episode than Fluttershy under my thoughts.

Eh, they seemed to naturally play off one another in Shadow Play. In fact, that was arguably the best of the 'collect the object' vignettes. So now you have Garble with a strong recent reason to dislike Dash versus Fluttershy with a latent fear that may or may not still exist. I think it's the other way around in terms of ease of writing. 

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Eh, they seemed to naturally play off one another in Shadow Play. In fact, that was arguably the best of the 'collect the object' vignettes. So now you have Garble with a strong recent reason to dislike Dash versus Fluttershy with a latent fear that may or may not still exist. I think it's the other way around in terms of ease of writing. 

Well, you never know. Some old fans several years ago thought SpikeDash could happen after Dragon Quest. But nothing happened!

20 minutes ago, FirePuppy said:

But nothing happened!

27 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Eh, they seemed to naturally play off one another in Shadow Play.

Just in case you didn't read it. 

• Brohoof 1

35 minutes ago, Jeric said:

The only reason I want garble to appear in an episode is just so he can  be abused/Punked like the Dash/garble scene in Shadowplay. That was so carthatic (much like him getting repeatedly crushed/pummeled in the gauntlet of fire).

Honestly, that was pretty freaking pathetic on Garbles part; he was basically outMUSCLED by a pony, with his rock being effortlessly caught and returned to him. Like, outwitted is one thing, but when you're losing physically too that's pretty sad.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Hieroklicious said:

No, it definitly doesn't, but it is more important to give characters episodes when they need it. ;) 

And right now so far, even Applejack and Rarity shouldn't need much episodes at this rate for what I know. To me, Season 6 meant a lot to both of them (except for Applejack's "Day" Off), but I don't think Season 8 will. It's more important to give characters the right potentials rather than the wrong ones, after all. Pinkie and Fluttershy both didn't get anything special in Season 7, so I'm sure they'll need another chance for a lot more in Season 8.

5 hours ago, Nsxile said:

No.

What we need is a retcon of those two shitty episodes.

Next time just play along and start singing praises to those shitty excuses for a RD episode. Mockery cuts deeper than open dismay.

43 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Spike & RD would indeed be easier to write but I'll play the devil. If we're talking our infamous Brony dweeb rage tank Garble, the episode should focus on the conflict between the TWO characters. You can hardly use Spike as an effective mediator. Ember would be better since Garble is kinda forced to listen and obey. Plus she's a less relevant character so you don't get shit if you use her sparingly.

P.S: Well, once Spike grows wings RD can start training him. I want to believe.

9 minutes ago, FirePuppy said:

Like I said, no one knows, no matter the confidence.

Wait ... what? Like I said? Where did you say that? In the preceding sentence? Who does that?

Let's recap. You say that Dash and Spike would be harder to write? I point out that it might actually be easier to write focusing only of the degree of difficulty. You come back stating people wanted a follow-up to one episode but it never happened. I tried to cycle back and you change gears to the 'nobody knows' comment.

It's like I'm playing whack-a-mole here. Nothing you said afterward has any relevance on whether or not a Spike and Dash episode would be more natural and easier to craft than a Spike and Fluttershy episode. 

I'm only saying that a Dash and Spike episode would be easier to write considering the recent involvement of the two characters in the Dragon Lands, and motivation for Garble to really hate on Dash. 

19 minutes ago, FirePuppy said:

Fluttershy both didn't get anything special in Season 7

She got a dream project. Say what you will about how oddly written it was, but that was (at least intended) to be a big episode for her.