Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rainbow Dash in Season 7

St3venp

6 hours ago, Nsxile said:

No.

What we need is a retcon of those two shitty episodes.

I’m not one to defend Goat Kun, but i’m 99% sure he’s being sarcastic 

1 hour ago, FirePuppy said:

And right now so far, even Applejack and Rarity shouldn't need much episodes at this rate for what I know. To me, Season 6 meant a lot to both of them (except for Applejack's "Day" Off), but I don't think Season 8 will. It's more important to give characters the right potentials rather than the wrong ones, after all. Pinkie and Fluttershy both didn't get anything special in Season 7, so I'm sure they'll need another chance for a lot more in Season 8.

We get it the show should revolve around Pinkie and Fluttershy because fuck everyone else 

I've seen some people float the idea of the dragons and griffons getting into a kerfuffle forcing RD and Spike to be intermediaries. Think that could work for an ep down the line. And as has been said, Garble now has reason to come after RD as well as Spike. 

What also really sticks with me after season 7 is how RD and Scootaloo's relationship is developing into something more complex and unique; what with their conflict in Parental Glideance borne out of the singular contrast in their upbringings despite considering themselves "sisters". I think there's a lot of potential in possibly interweaving Spike and Scootaloo's individual character growth into a bigger storyline involving a bond among all three characters.

Edited by n1029
  • Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Jeric said:

Wait ... what? Like I said? Where did you say that? In the preceding sentence? Who does that?

Let's recap. You say that Dash and Spike would be harder to write? I point out that it might actually be easier to write focusing only of the degree of difficulty. You come back stating people wanted a follow-up to one episode but it never happened. I tried to cycle back and you change gears to the 'nobody knows' comment.

It's like I'm playing whack-a-mole here. Nothing you said afterward has any relevance on whether or not a Spike and Dash episode would be more natural and easier to craft than a Spike and Fluttershy episode. 

I'm only saying that a Dash and Spike episode would be easier to write considering the recent involvement of the two characters in the Dragon Lands, and motivation for Garble to really hate on Dash. 

She got a dream project. Say what you will about how oddly written it was, but that was (at least intended) to be a big episode for her.

Her having an animal sanctuary is something I approve of, but they need to try and give it some weight and gravity in future episodes so it FEELS important, not just to her but animals in general.

In the episode it kind of just came off as a "oh, that happened" kind of thing.

8 hours ago, Kiryu-Chan said:

I’m not one to defend Goat Kun, but i’m 99% sure he’s being sarcastic 

We get it the show should revolve around Pinkie and Fluttershy because fuck everyone else 

That's exactly what I'm thinking! D: But in that case, Starlight should at least be a third with them.